HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by vicovaludemero, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:32 PM
USA, NY, Cedarhurst
Joined Mar 2010
1,009 Posts
Discussion
Learning to fly CP helis: My progress log... Update#2

I have been doing this CP heli thing for about a month now and gotta say, every time I fly it just gets more and more fun! Over the past month I have been on a strict regiment of 2 flights per night (weather permitting) but the past few flights have felt like giant leaps in my progress. After much practice I can finally fly FFF circuits and figure eights, not perfect and certainly not full speed but I am actually flying the thing and not just walking around behind it. This morning was great, I was practicing banked turns and long straight sweeps with a few figure eights mixed in. The best part was when a bird took interest to the heli and came in for a closer look, I thought it was gonna try to nip the tail rotor but then it backed off... That would have been quite the mess.

Here are a few pictures from this morning, I was flying on a giant lawn at the marina just before a day of fishing. This is the only surface in the marina suitable for a heli, luckily its conveniently located right in the middle of the lawn which just happens to be the only place in the marina that is suitable (and safe) for flying.

Here is the helis personal space....

Total stick time: 2:55
Total crashes: 1.5
vicovaludemero is offline Find More Posts by vicovaludemero
to remove ads between posts