|Jun 24, 2003, 10:15 AM|
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Joined May 2001
Cloud Dancer, from plans
Here's a picture and some info about my almost complete Cloud Dancer 40, built from plans. I hope to have it flying in a few weeks.
- wingspan 60 inches
- wing area 625 sq. in.
- weight (estimated) 96 oz.
Starting point for power, measured with Whattmeter:
- MaxCim MaxN32-13Y
- 18 x CP2400 NiCd
- 3:1 gear
- APC 13 x 10 E prop
- 32 A, 600 W static
I have a bunch of props and pinion gears to try different combinations.
- Wing spar is 1/4 x 1/8 spruce, doubled to half span
- leading edge is 1/4 balsa instead of 3/8
- dual aileron servos
- extended nose 2 1/2 inches, for balance
- firewall 1/8 ply instead of 1/4
- replaced light ply with balsa
- changed tail shape, less pointy, just for looks
- tail mounted servos
- canopy moved forward, made part of battery access hatch
- raised turtle deck to match rear of canopy
- removable balsa cowl
- longer landing gear, to allow larger props
|Jun 24, 2003, 03:57 PM|
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
Looking good! Your tailfeathers have a way higher cool factor than the pointy numbers on the 'stock' airframe, I reckon anyway
Looking at your "mod list", if you'd changed the airfoil, it would be a full "own design"
Good luck with her
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|FS: Cloud Dancer 60 Built From Plans||Goinstraightup||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Feb 05, 2004 04:15 PM|
|Cloud dancer building tips??||Steve H.||Sport Planes||23||Mar 28, 2002 09:27 PM|
|Cloud Dancer is back||realdeal||Sport Planes||1||Oct 21, 2001 01:27 AM|
|Ace Cloud Dancer .40 kit NIB||byoung||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Oct 15, 2001 09:05 AM|
|WTB or trade for cloud dancer kit||Steve H.||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Oct 07, 2001 02:50 PM|