HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:08 AM
Philippines
Joined Mar 2010
219 Posts
No problem Jay, too bad I can't 3D her yet in a tight space like that just for for a more convincing performance demonstration, nor that would stay in the camera's viewing angle if done outdoors. I'm still 3D noob.

Brought a camera man before but he just couldn't keep up with the tiny 4G6! XD. Practicing 3D on the sim daily though, hopefully soon I can give a 3D demo in a tight enough space so it's within the camera angle.
Timewerx is offline Find More Posts by Timewerx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:23 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Nice work on the blade design and all of your other mods. I'm glad there are other micro-heli freaks out there. I was starting to think I was sick or something. LOL.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:58 PM
Philippines
Joined Mar 2010
219 Posts
I think we all are Daryl I would like to say the same to your Stay True head!

The stock headblock has been my biggest problem lately and glad you made an excellent upgrade for it!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:13 PM
la fabrique circulaire
geneva
Joined Jan 2008
550 Posts
Timewerx,

185GSM should be Gram per Square Meter and not Gram per Inch Meter as you said in your tuto....

Jay
terry74 is offline Find More Posts by terry74
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:48 AM
Philippines
Joined Mar 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry74 View Post
Timewerx,

185GSM should be Gram per Square Meter and not Gram per Inch Meter as you said in your tuto....

Jay
Thanks a lot Jay! Updated the guide to the correct Grams per Square Meter on steps 1, 20b, and 21. Also added a little setup tip on Step 39 regarding pitch curve, D/R and Expo. To anyone who have linked directly to the attached DIY guide, you will have to update your links.

It is indeed an extremely glaring mistake on my part, sorry! On the other hand, I strongly doubt anyone could get 185 grams per square inch, paper-thin material on Earth. Because in doing so, the material had to be 63x more dense than the densest material on Earth which is Osmium! Such extremely dense material is probably found in a gas giant planet or a brown dwarf star which at the moment, no current or future interplanetary/interstellar craft is capable of landing or flying in its dense and extremely high gravity atmosphere!
Last edited by Timewerx; Jul 31, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:19 PM
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
hi,
will these work for the stock brushless motor?
Thank you,
Yossi
Death_Keeper is offline Find More Posts by Death_Keeper
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:20 PM
Philippines
Joined Mar 2010
219 Posts
Hi Yossi, yes it will work with the stock motor and supposed to give longer flight times at the optimum setup. You just need to increase main blade pitch angles. Higher than what you're used to with stock blades.

The extra stability of the V7 blade will want more to stay flat that's why you need to increase pitch travel.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2006
21 Posts
Thanks!!!
Death_Keeper is offline Find More Posts by Death_Keeper
Old Sep 07, 2010, 10:43 PM
Joined Dec 2009
84 Posts
your paddles and blade paper tips will fail on forward flight. it will not be able to sustain a stable forward movement as the nose will either point down and dive or point up and flip or even roll on right side. Let see some forward flight videos. You will see how difficult it is.
CoaxDude is offline Find More Posts by CoaxDude