HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
85 Posts
Discussion
Honey bee fp vs Honey bee cp3

The honey bee fpv2 is the same price as the honey bee cp3, should I get the cp3? I want to fly an easier fp heli, but i could the cp3. Does the cp3 fly similar to the fp? Is the only diff. is that the cp3 can go upside down>>
Sgt.Squirrel is offline Find More Posts by Sgt.Squirrel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:33 PM
Joined Dec 2008
149 Posts
The cp3 is a collective pitch heli which means more moving parts, you can also fly 3d with it. The FP is a fixed pitch heli, which I have the V1 and it is simple to work, and I have yet to break a part in a crash, they are really durable.
Rjb23 is offline Find More Posts by Rjb23
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
Blade assassin
USA, LA, Lake Charles
Joined Jul 2008
594 Posts
The cp3 is going to be harder and more expensive to fix after a crash. If your new at flying I suggest you get the fp. I started with the cp2. I took a long time to learn due to having to repair and setup after each crash. The fp doesn't have as much head speed, so they don't break as much in a crash. Or hurt as much when it hits you.
primer is offline Find More Posts by primer
Old Sep 08, 2010, 03:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1 Posts
Is there anybody who can help me on repair of my HoneyBee CP3? There was a crash with another helicopter and now the main blade are not in equal position, but one is let say straight and the other is cca. 45° flare outward. When I put the battery in some servos are working constantly, but the blades are not being moved at all... I have some pictures...
Kaprik is offline Find More Posts by Kaprik
Old Sep 08, 2010, 04:34 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Check all the links on the head and make sure it's symmetrial. Looks like one of the links from the blade holders is either broken off or was twisted to the wrong side.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 09, 2010, 02:22 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Please post more pictures of your CP3 with your Mrs in the back ground. Outdoor shots around the pool offer excellant light conditions for your heli pics
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
fly to win. win to fly.
clovis, NM
Joined Mar 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Please post more pictures of your CP3 with your Mrs in the back ground. Outdoor shots around the pool offer excellant light conditions for your heli pics
thats a TV buddy... not his wife.
dog chaser is offline Find More Posts by dog chaser
Old Sep 12, 2010, 02:29 AM
My soul, your beats!
La Caņada Flintridge, California
Joined May 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog chaser View Post
thats a TV buddy... not his wife.
LOL Completely irrelevant, but that just made me laugh so hard.
TokageWeasel is offline Find More Posts by TokageWeasel
Old Sep 12, 2010, 04:21 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
I had a laugh too, when I read Dogs post and took another look
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:16 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
Check all the links on the head and make sure it's symmetrial. Looks like one of the links from the blade holders is either broken off or was twisted to the wrong side.
Looks like it's just twisted up. Should be as easy as popping off the link and resetting the blade. I'm impressed by it's durability if that's all that's wrong.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat