HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:44 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awa202 View Post
so like a ZIPPY Flightmax 1000mAh 3S1P 25C?? could this power my camera at the same time?
yeah, only if the camera is 12v
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:22 AM View Post
khunnie
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:42 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
My sunsky 1.2ghz 800mw tx is dead!!!

- any idea where to find another one? or something cheap but usable [with fast shipping!]. [i am already getting that small untested tx mentioned on the first page]

- can it be fixed? I dont know exactly how it died, but i suspect reverse voltage.. i think the micro is dead or not working well as the display shows 8 [should be 9 from EEPROM anyway], but the button doesnt do anything.. nothing is burnt on the pcb..

Thanks,

El1m1nate
El1m1nate is offline Find More Posts by El1m1nate
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:32 AM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
803 Posts
The voltage regulator is surely burned. Try to apply 5v to the output of the regulator and look if it revives the Tx.
iacei is offline Find More Posts by iacei
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
This sunsky 1,2 Ghz 400mW, thats from China right, so there will probably be some customs issues in Europe right? Should i buy from some EU dealer, I fly 2.4ghz so I'll buy a 1.3 ghz or 900 mhz system, 400-500 mW will do right i don't want crazy long distance max 3-5km..
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacei View Post
The voltage regulator is surely burned. Try to apply 5v to the output of the regulator and look if it revives the Tx.
Hmm, if i get it working, and on all my other equipment, i think ill install some diodes to prevent this from happening again..

the vreg is the first one coming into the case.. 78L05 - http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM78L05A.pdf
sot-89 case style... bloody stupid naming system..

The interesting thing is the 470ohm resistor before the vreg.. which should supply 255mA of current.... i wonder if we can replace that to get higher power output .. my though is, if the components can take the new ammount of current, the only problem would be more heat..
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
yep, the 5v reg is dead!! [after removing dead reg, powering with 12v lipo and 5v regulated into the place of the old reg.. the numbers at least work..]

The circuit does need 12v for powering the 8 seg display... maybe even the mosfets/transistors for the radio...

time to switch out the reg and do more tests [and install a diode!]

Edit: scrap that 470ohm resistor!! thats the problem... at least in my case.. i had a look at the pads, and 12v was connected to the output of the 5vreg through the 470ohm resistor! thats what probably fried my first reg... and the second i just installed.. third is fine after removing the resistor altogether!
Last edited by El1m1nate; Feb 23, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Are there any chinese (hobbyking, rctimer) cheap digital servos (for twinstar for example) which are free from jittering?

Also if someone has any experience regarding customs issues when buying video tx/rx from China to Europe, please tell..

Thanks,
Cheers
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:35 PM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
803 Posts
no problems at all ordering HK stuff to EU I buy some each and everyday.

for the servos, look at the 1st page, I made a list, you can buy some Hitec from hobbyking for example.
iacei is offline Find More Posts by iacei
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
What about issues if buying a video transmitter receiver? I heard that some guys didn't get their items through customs...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:45 AM
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
887 Posts
Msev,
What country are you in?
I'm going to presume the UK. If so, and this probably goes for Europewide, then you can pretty much import anything you like. However, it will be its actual use that may be illegal i.e. the frequency you have chosen.

You need to check the internet, BIS (formerly DTI), Civil Aviation Authority etc to see if your chosen frequency is legal.

Here's a handy website to calculate possible import duty for your equipment.
It will give you a heads up, in case you get stung.
Just work your way through the sections to find the Taric code that is most appropriate for your purchase.

Remember for the UK it is (Product + Postage(convert to local currency))+ Import Duty (Taric %) + VAT (Tax).
You pay the difference between the local currency amount and the all up total.

Another useful website to find out other extras that might be tagged on i.e. handling charge, Tax free allowances etc is this:
http://www.sloanefox.freeserve.co.uk/importukduty.htm

Tom.
Tommygunn is offline Find More Posts by Tommygunn
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Thanks Tom , I'm from your east neighbouring country I'll see what will be the cheapest option,...But as I see people or also transmitting video on "ilegal" frequencies,...is this considered to be a big felony or not...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:14 PM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
972 Posts
Does anybody have a tutorial on how to strip down the Sunsky 1.3GHz 800mW Tx antenna?.
Just stripped down the Tx and now the antenna is really huge and heavy.
Teo
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's pronounced Caveman...
Reno, NV
Joined Nov 2009
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teopbako View Post
Does anybody have a tutorial on how to strip down the Sunsky 1.3GHz 800mW Tx antenna?.
Just stripped down the Tx and now the antenna is really huge and heavy.
Teo
Very carefully, the antenna tube is quite fragile/thin.

Honestly, you can cut about a 1/4" above the thick hinge of the antenna and just pull the top off completely (this picture isn't fully trimmed, I still have a little ways to go). Another poster found that this raised the effective frequency closer to 1.28Ghz (around 1240Mhz if I recall), but obviously QC on these is so terrible that you don't know what frequency it's setup for from the factory.

I can upload a pic of the finalized antenna trimming if you need it for reference. At the bottom of the metal tube is a ridged plastic connector, so I'd maybe "carve/shave" one spot of the antenna so you can see where the tube ends, then slowly and lightly cut around the rest of the antenna at that point until you can pull the rubber off. As I said, even medium pressure with a new/sharp blade can sever the tube.
c4v3man is offline Find More Posts by c4v3man
Last edited by c4v3man; Feb 25, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:55 PM
Rather be flyin
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Mar 2008
450 Posts
Is this comparable to the BOB unit(is it the same thing)?
http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...roducts_id=986
tom83
tom83 is offline Find More Posts by tom83