HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
I've installed LM 1.2ghz just 6cm away from GPS (LS20031) and works OK. closer than 6cm still works but reception of sat is lower twice
I've just connected my dx201 and it works now
could cold temperature kill the signal? it was around -16

Virgis
the really cold can effect all the electronics
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
I've installed LM 1.2ghz just 6cm away from GPS (LS20031) and works OK. closer than 6cm still works but reception of sat is lower twice
I've just connected my dx201 and it works now
could cold temperature kill the signal? it was around -16

Virgis
I am glad that you managed to revive 201 DX camera. Perhaps the cold was the reason for the interruption! I know that cell phones are starting to react more slowly when you are at - 10 degrees and the screen begins to fade! My GPS will be at least 10 inches from the LM, so there should be no problem. We are waiting for your GoPro footage!
Cheers
wiper1974 is offline Find More Posts by wiper1974
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper1974 View Post
I am glad that you managed to revive 201 DX camera. Perhaps the cold was the reason for the interruption! I know that cell phones are starting to react more slowly when you are at - 10 degrees and the screen begins to fade! My GPS will be at least 10 inches from the LM, so there should be no problem. We are waiting for your GoPro footage!
Cheers
GoPro footage already posted

FPV, dx201 dies in over 4.2km away in HD (3 min 23 sec)

Virgis

Single post from DOSD+ tread, to see how it went
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9361
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:14 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2010
137 Posts
So this is really nice!
Now you can record video postcards of your Kaunas, Lithuania, and sell this video to travel agencies!
I hope I will soon get GoPro!
Keep it up
wiper1974 is offline Find More Posts by wiper1974
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:43 AM
Destructive testing expert!
Bemidji, MN
Joined Dec 2003
903 Posts
Seriously... throw that receiver away and get one of the tested and recommended receivers (systems) in this thread. That receiver WILL cause a crash eventually and it will cost you more $$ than just junking it now and getting something that works...

You're not alone. We've all made mistakes starting out. Write this up as a learning expense and move on.

Trust me... Just do it...

Anyone with experience will agree 100%

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
I know I should switch over to the Newbie thread on this board but since we're on the topic:

How long does it take to warm up and will I need to tune it right from when it turns on to when its fully warmed? I can see how this would become annoying...

It serves me right though, I should have done more research here before I bought... I just found this thread before I made the purchase... Oh well We shall see how it performs when it gets here I suppose

Oh, and is it difficult to manually tune into these things? This is my very first time diving into wireless video devices
Bill Sanford is offline Find More Posts by Bill Sanford
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:18 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper1974 View Post
So this is really nice!
Now you can record video postcards of your Kaunas, Lithuania, and sell this video to travel agencies!
I hope I will soon get GoPro!
Keep it up
If I fly like that, I will need rich sponsors, so GoPro will not last very long for me.. as it had just 2 flights, had 2 falls to the ground

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:29 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
I know I should switch over to the Newbie thread on this board but since we're on the topic:

How long does it take to warm up and will I need to tune it right from when it turns on to when its fully warmed? I can see how this would become annoying...

It serves me right though, I should have done more research here before I bought... I just found this thread before I made the purchase... Oh well We shall see how it performs when it gets here I suppose

Oh, and is it difficult to manually tune into these things? This is my very first time diving into wireless video devices
The problem is, any temperature change at the Tx or Rx end can cause
slight frequency drift. The units without a knob use PLL circuit which keeps
the Rx locked to the Tx's frequency. The ones with a knob don't and
you must fine tune it yourself. The problem is, when you put the Tx on an aircraft,
it cools and warms with changing airflow so the frequency is constantly changing,
and that means you're forced to constantly re-tune the Rx, which is rather
annoying if you're also trying to fly through the video signal you're messing with.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
So should I request my money back? or is it even worth my time? It seems most of these dropshipping companies don't really respond to emails and such...
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Worth a try. Even if you fail, we all made silly mistakes starting out. Keep reading, and learning!
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Feb 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
can i use sander style filter instead dpcav filter?(radio 2.4 and video 1,2)
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old Feb 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo26 View Post
can i use sander style filter instead dpcav filter?(radio 2.4 and video 1,2)
No. They serve totally different purposes.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
so the cheapest is it: http://aglhobbiesllc.com/shop/viewit...0&productid=36
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sanford View Post
Seriously... throw that receiver away and get one of the tested and recommended receivers (systems) in this thread. That receiver WILL cause a crash eventually and it will cost you more $$ than just junking it now and getting something that works...

You're not alone. We've all made mistakes starting out. Write this up as a learning expense and move on.

Trust me... Just do it...

Anyone with experience will agree 100%

Bill
Well, its not the perfect solution BUT I think I managed to make a compromise. Although they didn't have any non-knobby style 1.2g systems they did have a few similar 2.4g systems for a similar price.

So I just went online to their store and I took a shot (for the third time) at contacting them through their "Live Customer Service" At first I thought it was going to be a waste of time.. BUT WAIT!!! Then someone replied to my typing!! An ACTUAL FACTUAL person!! I explained the situation to her and she said she was going to "hand me off" to her colleague who was handling my case.. Great! now I'm getting the run around!! NOPE!!! After explaining my situation to the kind man on the other side of the world, I managed to change my order to one of the Tx's that does NOT use the knob tuner

Sure, if you're used to dealing with american based vendors this style of customer service is somewhat crude and impersonal... But for a Wholesaler to actually have live Cx Service is SUPER IMPRESSIVE!!!

So now I have this 2.4ghz system below:

http://www.inesun.com/Newest-Securit...lor--3799.html

YES I'm gonna be recieving interference with every cell phone, microwave, home phone and WiFi system in the neighbourhood, but at least now I dont have to worry about that stupid Knob!!

I know this system is not the greatest out there, but I figure this is the kind of hobby niche you want to ease yourself into. I don't usually skimp when I get new stuff, but sometimes you gotta try the suit on b4 you buy it rite?

My plans are to mount this to my heli, and take my laptop, along with my easycap and new video Rx to the local park and fly around within FOV. Get a feel for the controls *I'm new to outdoor flying too * and see how everything goes. If I like what I see, I'll invest. But in the mean time I am temporarily pleased with the fact that I didn't end up buying a TOTAL piece of junk AND that I found a half decent Wholesaler who care about their customers!!!

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! I'll be signing off of here until I get a 1.2 giggy setup (time to lurk in the NOOB thread!!). without your help I woulda be $100 in the hole! (50 spent, 50 in the trash)
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:57 AM View Post
bigbang27
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:15 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
THE_SHRUB: That camera has output power only 10mW. You can use it for FPV, but beware: the range is up to 100 meters. You can extend it up to 1km with directional yagi antenna in unpopulated areas. To use it with heli I strongly recommend not to fly FPV - at least first few times you have to fly visualy just keep watching or recording the video and then decide to fly or not fly FPV... (I've got similar camera and I've decided not to - I flew near city with heavy 2.4GHz pollution and with omni antenna I've got only up to 50 meters of signal).
Rastislavko is offline Find More Posts by Rastislavko