SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
the Sunsky 1.2ghz 800mw, it was pretty cold the last 2 days where we had sun and clear skies, with out gloves my hand were frozen, my ears and nose were red lol
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:53 AM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2008
214 Posts
I have Tim's ReadymadeRC 1500mW 1300MHz Transmitter and it is awesome!
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
I've verified that the transmitters I sell output what they SAY they output. I went through a LOT of manufacturers to find components that weren't hyped. I didn't just copy the data from the manufacturer's web page and put them on mine, I MEASURED them. I really enjoyed the TX's that claimed to be over 2W that were putting out only about 100mW...
After all the "crap" I tested, I know it sounds self serving, but you're really gambling with your money purchasing from all these overseas "sources".

Tim
www.readymaderc.com
blively is online now Find More Posts by blively
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:47 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Has anyone experienced much external interference (nearby transmitters, etc.) at 1280 MHz? I flew yesterday on 900MHz from a new location and believe I was getting interference from a nearby transmitter. It was also messing up my GPS lock. Anyway, I've been considering getting a 1.2GHz system and wanted to know if it's generally a cleaner band to use.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:53 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
One place i flew had one of those really large towers that i think effected my range with video and 1280.

Normally i could of gone way further.

Someone told me if you change your altitude it will clear that problem up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
Has anyone experienced much external interference (nearby transmitters, etc.) at 1280 MHz? I flew yesterday on 900MHz from a new location and believe I was getting interference from a nearby transmitter. It was also messing up my GPS lock. Anyway, I've been considering getting a 1.2GHz system and wanted to know if it's generally a cleaner band to use.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:19 PM
Why is the Rum gone?
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2008
1,668 Posts
So today my 400mw Sunsky started a spontaneous combustion smoking terribly and smelling really burnt.

A couple of wires going to the tx unit were off melted completely. So I pried open the silver metal chassis to find that the positive wire going to the tx had come loose was touching the metal case. The metal case acts as ground so the lipo just started melting away all the cables and burning my unit.

So at this point I was expecting the worse, but I didn't give up so I soldered two new positive and neutral cables to the board back up and it still works. I have no clue how the tx unit didn't get obliterated.
sim_io is offline Find More Posts by sim_io
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:21 PM
France
Joined May 2006
657 Posts
i found also that is very hard to distroy those TX
vulpina is offline Find More Posts by vulpina
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:27 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
switch to lawmate and be more safe and save some money as well
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:20 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
First thing I did with my vtx when I got it was inject glue to the inside of the slot where the wires come out and also glued the outside so the wires don't break due to wear from ussage.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
Why is the Rum gone?
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2008
1,668 Posts
I don't know if I should trust my 400mw sunsky that smoked and burned half the wires. I fpv'd with it yesterday and it works, the video is as clean as it was before. I just don't want the video to disappear one day because the unit is damaged.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:57 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,815 Posts
Run some more tests, full length on it. The accident you had could happen to any Vtx, even the sacred Lawmate ( my LM wires broke, but I saw it before smoking something), so I personally would run it a few more full flights as a test, and if it works then why not? Even if you bought a brand new one it could do that on the 1st flight. That is just me. I guess we have to be our own QC on much of these products
Derek_S is online now Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,079 Posts
The path of the short didn't pass through any internal components
since it was between + wire and case, so no reason to expect that they're damaged.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2011, 04:56 PM
Why is the Rum gone?
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2008
1,668 Posts
That sounds about right. I filled the wires with hot glue and I don't think they are ever going to move. I think this is something every sunsky fpver out there should do.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
18 Posts
any nice antenna??
2ne1 is offline Find More Posts by 2ne1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:54 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ne1 View Post
any nice antenna??
Lool, 2ne1 annyeong haseyo.
Search, inverted V on here its one of the best antennas right now for the video transmitter
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:18 AM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_io View Post
That sounds about right. I filled the wires with hot glue and I don't think they are ever going to move. I think this is something every sunsky fpver out there should do.

Hot glue.... Very bad idea.... The case becames hot and your hot glue will melt.

Use epoxy.
iacei is offline Find More Posts by iacei