HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:11 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
poor choice in servos will do that with other 1.2 video tx's includeing the fox 1.2 video tx

use servos that don't do that plain and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitcho View Post
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:39 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Just found out both the Video wire and sound wire broken. Takes the piss really. BRAND new only a few hours old and broken. Not a happy person. Anyone in the UK able to resolder this for me? Thanks austin
Try to find a friend who can do soldering job. This is not very difficult task, so smaller iron can do that

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:36 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Where is the best place to mount vTX? near Motor or near Radio Reciever? Im stuck for places. Thanks.
austin.laws is online now Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:46 AM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
As farthest you can from your radio receiver! 30 inch and more and far from servos. Don't worry about the separation from motor and esc.
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:02 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev View Post
As farthest you can from your radio receiver! 30 inch and more and far from servos. Don't worry about the separation from motor and esc.
when filters are used the video tx and uhf rx can be placed close to eachother,, this is what makes some uhf system better than others

some esc's are also bad as well as motors usesd

the combination of the right choice will give you best results
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:12 AM
Australia
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
hi all im keen on using 1.2Ghz instead of 1.3Ghz on my first fpv build i have a few questions though. with 1.2 will my uhf radio gear interfere with the video signal? also if i get the FOX-700 aka the BOB Tx and use this antenna 1.2Ghz Yagi which pigtail do i get as the old link has expired and what sort of range can i expect? . also does anyone know where to get Skew-Planar Wheel circular polarized omni antenna or Cloverleaf pre made? i have seen some for 1.3 but none for 1.2
forgot to mention which filters will i need for better qauility?

thanks in advance

jon
sparky12130 is offline Find More Posts by sparky12130
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:07 AM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky12130 View Post
hi all im keen on using 1.2Ghz instead of 1.3Ghz on my first fpv build i have a few questions though. with 1.2 will my uhf radio gear interfere with the video signal?
Sorry, I don't use this so I can't really be of any help. But I have seen guys that use UHF and fly on 1.2 so its done quite frequently
also if i get the FOX-700 aka the BOB Tx and use this antenna 1.2Ghz Yagi which pigtail do i get as the old link has expired and what sort of range can i expect? .
I have the FOX 700 and really like the VTx. IT sounds like you're a little new to the FPV game, so why don't you start with a set of omnis. If you want LP (since you mentioned a yagi) then a Vee Antenna and dipole would work. Don't ask the range question and expect a good response. It's affected by too many things. I could get 2 miles on an omni set one day, then the next only get a mile, possibly becasue the air is more humid and someone turned a large Rf spewing device on.
also does anyone know where to get Skew-Planar Wheel circular polarized omni antenna or Cloverleaf pre made? i have seen some for 1.3 but none for 1.2
All of the antennas mentioned in this post can be bought at videoaerialsystems.com . Alex does a fantastic job. That being said, Hugo at True RC makes some great CP antennas as well. You should check him out too. 1.3ghz is commonly used to refer to 1280mhz (1.28 ghz). It's the only legal channel in the US, but I see you're not from the States so I'm not sure about your regulations.

forgot to mention which filters will i need for better qauility?
Err... I haven't used any filters yet. Fly it and see if you need them. You might not.
thanks in advance

jon
You're welcome
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
784 Posts
Today I've received the CL+SPW set from Markus123456.
So far I'm very happy with the ground tests.

I must say that those antennas are perfectly built and the package was shipped with great care!

He also is very helpful and have a great support here!

I strongly advise to order from him! Thanks again Markus!
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:48 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
when filters are used the video tx and uhf rx can be placed close to eachother,, this is what makes some uhf system better than others

some esc's are also bad as well as motors usesd

the combination of the right choice will give you best results
Okay, lets put it this way:
1. Powerful Video Tx could be bad for your Radio Rx and Servos, so move it far as you can.
2. Anything made from metal or carbon is bad for your Radio Receiver and mostly the Video Tx, the ESC,the BEC, the fly camera and the camcorder(Gopro) are bad for it. So keep your Radio Rx a way in the tail of your plane or the wing tip(for flying wings), if you want to fly far.
I found this recommendations most essential.
Some systems play better together that is correct too.
tushev is offline Find More Posts by tushev
Last edited by tushev; Dec 15, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:22 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
with good ground testing you can figure what is not good for fpv and placement onthe plane and ground station.

moveing as far away as possable can be a hastle and again ground tests will show you what is effective

choice of set up before install is a good idea, so your system plays well

some guys can fly with stuff very close and have easier installs with future planes

set up planes with systems that can work close to eachother is the best idea and then do more separation than you think to correct for mistakes or in acuracies for ground testing

if for instance the gopro is positioned at a distance not to effect uhf transmission put it a few inches further way, but no need for furthest distance, because ground testing will show you no need for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev View Post
Okay, lets put it this way:
1. Powerful Video Tx could be bad for your Radio Rx and Servos, so move it far as you can.
2. Anything made from metal or carbon is bad for your Radio Receiver and mostly the Video Tx, the ESC,the BEC, the fly camera and the camcorder(Gopro) are bad for it. So keep your Radio Rx a way in the tail of your plane or the wing tip(for flying wings), if you want to fly far.
I found this recommendations most essential.
Some systems play better together that is correct too.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:29 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Is this the correct way to connect colours on Lawmate 1.2ghz 1000mw TX and camera? Hope so....any advice is good. Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:03 PM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
797 Posts
yes if you don t have an OSD.
iacei is online now Find More Posts by iacei
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:47 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacei View Post
yes if you don t have an OSD.
no i dont have OSD yet if i do get one will be eagle tree or such with antenna tracking,but many thanks for your reply. :-)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:18 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
I thought I wanted a tracker, but flying without one while waiting for RV to get theirs done, I found out I do NOT need a antenna tracker. With a patch and a 2nd Rx antenna, I rarely ever touch the antenna.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:01 AM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
if you put a patch or yagi on your head you will find great capabilities to get best video]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
I thought I wanted a tracker, but flying without one while waiting for RV to get theirs done, I found out I do NOT need a antenna tracker. With a patch and a 2nd Rx antenna, I rarely ever touch the antenna.