HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,444 Posts
Matt, yeah i did guess a bit, looking at the 3 veiw and pictures, cut and sand till it looks close. it could be a float plane given enough power for takeoff, just be sure to strengthen that tail as its pretty skinny.

Nick, it sure is a floater, just about a brisk walk. the eps is from my collection of foam that i have been saving for years i think this stuff came in a shelf kit from Shopko.

some Hobbytowns carry sheets of EPS for train sets that should work. they also carry a small hotwire cutter that could work for cutting 4" wide sheets if set up right.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:57 PM View Post
fizzledrixx
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while fizzledrixx edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:48 PM
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Nov 2008
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzledrixx View Post
i dont like
youre plane. funny landing gear.sloppily built.

and youre picture??? i think you should change the low quality pic dood
I don't like you're punctuation and grammar. I think you should change funny sloppily.low quality typing dood..
Svede is offline Find More Posts by Svede
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sea Bull maidened
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:58 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
It's ok Svede and Derk, he'll be off back to YouTube soon enough. Intelligent talk bores children.

Glad about the 6mm swap. I did something similar recently on a 5g aircraft, which showed a great difference. Plane would barely manage level flight with a 4mm and was a rocket on a 6mm. The weight penalty was far outweighed by the performance increase. If i'd have read this thread first I might have saved the bother !
After looking at a Twin Otter and the famous short runway of Saba, i'm leaning toward a thinner longer wing trial on micro planes...probably one of these Virus's.
Any chance of video Derk ?
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732