HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:45 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefisherking View Post
Hmmm.... so now I am unhappy, not at the plane (which I really enjoyed) but a combination of my skills and unknown wrong doers...

Well a few days ago I managed to er, land in a tree - I was in KE the length of the farmer's field, heading in the direction of the treeline so went to quarter roll right and pull up, but sadly in a lack of concentration I thought I was inverted when I wasn't and pushed down in to the tree .

Anyway, the plane seemed undamaged (as far as I could see) but it was too stuck to get loose with the throttle, and too high to reach, so took home the canopy which had come off, and I have been popping back every day or so to see if the wind had loosened it, only to find today that not only had it come down, but someone must have picked it up and taken it away!

Anyway, nothing I can do (though they'd better not try to sell it on eBay!) but I just wanted a sympathetic ear...
Sorry about that. If you put your name&number inside you might get a call. If you didn't make sure you do it with your other planes. Also, I always keep a wrist rocket, lead shot, and some fish line in the car because guys at the field sometimes plant them in the trees especially in the spring.
Or just put a chain saw in the trunk.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
whats a wrist rocket?
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskel View Post
whats a wrist rocket?
slingshot... i think
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:28 PM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Thanks! I like the sound of the T-28 based rockets! :-)
No other fliers in my immediate area, it is the field just 100 yards from my house (which the farmer said was ok), so I'll keep an eye on local adds...

Hey ho, there are worse things in life, for sure :-)

Edit @flyinwalenda - that's a very good tip about the name and address - it might even stop a would-be opportunist from telling himself that he would never find the owner! In any case it could only help - I am going to do that on my other planes. The slingshot and line is a good idea too - think I'll look into that too as this is not the first time I have "landed" 50 feet AGL!
bluefisherking is offline Find More Posts by bluefisherking
Last edited by bluefisherking; Aug 19, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:44 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Just fly the T-28 and fire when no one is around. Maybe the farmer took it. Maybe he thought it was too noisy and he finally had the chance to grab it.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:13 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,691 Posts
I picked up one of these planes as a local guy had one for sale that i couldn't pass up. Haven't flown it yet as i don't have any paved runways and don't want to chance ripping off the gear so i picked up some bigger wheels hopefully i can put them on this weekend and give it a try.

It's a very cool looking plane. Those of you that have the PZ P51 how much different a flier is it?
tonkajeep34 is offline Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:13 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post
It's a very cool looking plane. Those of you that have the PZ P51 how much different a flier is it?
I haven't flown the P51, but if you can fly any warbird, the Extra is going to be a treat. Like has been said 100 times, it flies like it is on rails.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:16 AM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post
Those of you that have the PZ P51 how much different a flier is it?
Just be aware that the Extra is a lot more precise and much faster, both in terms of actual speed and the effect of the control surfaces. I love my P51 - you can zoom around, with lazy turns and rolls and really relax. The Extra is much crisper - the surfaces really seem to bite the air, giving it that "on rails" feel. That's a good thing of course, but a bit of a surprise when you jump from the P51 is all. So expect that you will over control the Extra a bit when you first fly it! But just relax, and try to make your stick movements gentle and precise, and you'll be fine. Oh and unlike the P51, you don't run it WOT all the time!!
bluefisherking is offline Find More Posts by bluefisherking
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:28 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,691 Posts
Cool thanks guys. I've still got to go through it and check throws and I'll make sure the expo is on. Just for fun i was playing with an extra(ish) plane in Phoenix. It's crazy what all that control service can do.
tonkajeep34 is offline Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Landing the Parkzone Extra 300

I found this video on YouTube and posted it to the ATTF thread, but thought this might be a better location for it.
----------------------------
During the last ATTF show it was brought up that people are complaining that the new Parkzone Extra 300 is tough to land because of a design/manufacturing flaw in the wing - lack of curvature on top.

Here's an interesting video of someone landing the Extra 300..many,many..many times with little or no problems at all....go figure. Either this guy is using some type of magic..or he's setup his CG/Throws correctly and knows how to fly.

Watch the video..you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdI7Sxe4uQ

Enjoy..
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
I found this video on YouTube and posted it to the ATTF thread, but thought this might be a better location for it.
----------------------------
During the last ATTF show it was brought up that people are complaining that the new Parkzone Extra 300 is tough to land because of a design/manufacturing flaw in the wing - lack of curvature on top.

Here's an interesting video of someone landing the Extra 300..many,many..many times with little or no problems at all....go figure. Either this guy is using some type of magic..or he's setup his CG/Throws correctly and knows how to fly.

Watch the video..you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdI7Sxe4uQ

Enjoy..
-mike-
it would be nice to see the plane better. but they look like they just drop out of the air like 4 feet above the ground.
i suspect magic.. pretty sure i seen some fairy dust.
or maybe he's just a good pilot and he had some good wind
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:20 AM
AMA#900532
United States, TX, West Point
Joined Sep 2006
1,232 Posts
heck I'll give anything a try once... LOL :P
rifleman_btx is offline Find More Posts by rifleman_btx
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:28 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Finally got to fly again this afternoon. Warmed up with the trusty Trojan then put a couple packs through the Extra now with the Power 15 - it was fun on my 2200/20C but the 25C was even better - I may have to invest in some better batteries to be able to juice the Power 15 and a 12x6 prop - I think I actually prefer the 11x7.5 I was flying before though. The vertical was astounding with the 12x6.

I have my landings down to near spot landing now, even at full rates - I just like it more and more.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:47 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
I was thinking of the 11x7 myself...dont think the std ESC will hold up tho...
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:55 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskel View Post
I was thinking of the 11x7 myself...dont think the std ESC will hold up tho...
Since the stock is a 10.5 x 9 I can't imagine 11x7 would be much, if any, more stress on the esc.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate