HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:43 PM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
I really like mine! Using the apc12x6 with lite 2 1/2 in.wheels for the grass...works great! I also mounted hobbyzone floats on this baby and have flown at least half dozen times off the water!! will post picks right away
lawndart75 is offline Find More Posts by lawndart75
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2010, 09:08 PM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
If anyone is interested, an orange Sharpie matches the paint very closely and works well on dents that are showing a little white.
Excellent - thanks to your tip, I have just gone and ordered some on eBay
bluefisherking is offline Find More Posts by bluefisherking
Old Aug 04, 2010, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2006
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter04 View Post
FireyFate - how much flaperon are you using or in other words how far are they dropping approximately?
Thanks
Hi, I'm not FireyFate, but I do have flaperons set with my AR6110. On the DX6i I have the flaps set to 40. With max throws on the control horn and Hitec HS-65B servo arms (about 1 hole position longer than stock) this translates to 0.625" of flap movement.

It's definitely not an easy landing with flaps, but this now my grass-landing mode setup. I'll take the risk of a tip stall over the aggravation of the landing gear ripping out.

If I'm landing on pavement or dirt, I don't bother with flaps.
NJNJperson is offline Find More Posts by NJNJperson
Old Aug 05, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
445 Posts
I, too am a happy owner. I think the other thread has calmed down a little bit.

I have 2 flights and no significant problems noted. Flies nice. Easy to upgrade for a proficient Trojan pilot.

Will try some more aggressive aerobatics next time up, hopefully this weekend. Full report to follow.
SubManEric is offline Find More Posts by SubManEric
Old Aug 05, 2010, 09:40 PM
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
i don't own the extra 300 yet but im looking to buy a new plane here real soon and its really being considered. i think alot of people are just angry that it doesn't do what they want it too and are blaming everything under the sun when they change things and try to make it an aj slick. granted parkzone made an error in the CG, i don't believe for a minute that such a sever problem such as an upside down airfoil could go unnoticed and if it did they wouldn't continue to manufacture them like that.
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Old Aug 06, 2010, 07:29 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuPunk View Post
i don't own the extra 300 yet but im looking to buy a new plane here real soon and its really being considered. i think alot of people are just angry that it doesn't do what they want it too and are blaming everything under the sun when they change things and try to make it an aj slick. granted parkzone made an error in the CG, i don't believe for a minute that such a sever problem such as an upside down airfoil could go unnoticed and if it did they wouldn't continue to manufacture them like that.
well it did..we are not blaming everything..just a proven fact that a flat top wing doesnt create lift!
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Aug 07, 2010, 03:11 AM
Joined Apr 2009
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskel View Post
well it did..we are not blaming everything..just a proven fact that a flat top wing doesnt create lift!
Thats not a fact on this planet. But continue with your rant.
jon.f1 is offline Find More Posts by jon.f1
Old Aug 07, 2010, 04:11 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.f1 View Post
Thats not a fact on this planet. But continue with your rant.
ok Jon, you must know then
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Aug 07, 2010, 06:06 AM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Guys, please respect the OP's request for this thread to discuss everything about the plane except for wing deformities/Horizon's response.

I don't in any way mean to be unwelcoming or harsh, it's just that it would be nice, as per the OP's request, to be able to discuss the plane without the "HH didn't do..., Well it did... not a fact... continue ranting... etc" conversation. After all the other thread is really active and is clearly a great place to talk about the wing shape, and peeps on this thread are specifically here to avoid that dialogue!

[I am sure that when it is all resolved there will only be a need for the one thread, of course.]
Old Aug 07, 2010, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2009
33 Posts
[QUOTE=jaskel;15729514]ok Jon, you must know then[/QUOTE

Maybe you should go tell the flat foamy guys that their planes aren't flying.
jon.f1 is offline Find More Posts by jon.f1
Old Aug 07, 2010, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
bluefisherking ..the OP does not "OWN" the forum an cannot dictate what is and is not said in the forum as long as we are not breaking rcgroups rules we are intitled to comment on what ever we feel like

now im sure you will come back with thats very disrespectful etc but think how the extra 300 owners with major factory faults feel at the lack of respect shown towards them ...

the thing that amazes me with some of these threads to discuss everything but the bleeding obvious stuff ups by a rude an arrogant company is some of the people in the thread have in the past posted none stop in complaint threads and any other thread about companys such as hobby king etc

i guess its just the nature of fanboi's an HH moles that have infested rcgroups these days

KETTLE POT BLACK

THE END
GURU_MSR is offline Find More Posts by GURU_MSR
Old Aug 07, 2010, 12:44 PM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GURU_MSR View Post
bluefisherking ..the OP does not "OWN" the forum an cannot dictate what is and is not said in the forum as long as we are not breaking rcgroups rules we are intitled to comment on what ever we feel like
That is absolutely right, of course, the OP doesn't own the thread, it is just a request - so that's why I asked nicely and said "please" We just wanted one thread (much smaller and less active than the main Extra300 thread, for sure) that wasn't all about the flat-top wings. Didn't seem like a huge ask. But you are of course completely correct that you have the right to post what you like, wherever you like...

I am really not looking for an argument, and did not mean to offend. As for fanboys - I have bought a *lot* of Parkzone planes, but definitely feel that while some are excellent straight from the box (e.g. P51 Gunfighter, UM Sukhoi XP), others have failings (e.g. BF109, imo) - but that is different from jumping into a thread to talk about the one thing that the people in the thread asked not to talk about!

Anyway, peace.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 01:45 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:

i guess its just the nature of fanboi's an HH moles that have infested rcgroups these days

KETTLE POT BLACK

THE END
This is my first HH plane... I'm not a "fanboi". Mine flies great... snap rolls, knife edge, inverted, harriers... whats your malfunction? Of course I didn't spend $200 thinking I was getting a 3DHS plane.

Anyways as I promised, I measured my flaperon settings. In low rates my first setting drops them 5mm, the second switch setting drops them to 10mm from center. Slows it down real nice for landings on less than perfect runways.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
its my experiance that people who have to claim they are not fanboi's generaly are fanboi's or a mole like you your ip betrays you
GURU_MSR is offline Find More Posts by GURU_MSR
Old Aug 07, 2010, 05:12 PM
Bray, UK
Joined Aug 2009
270 Posts
Quote:
its my experiance that people who have to claim they are not fanboi's generaly are fanboi's or a mole like you your ip betrays you
Ha ha - LOL.

Seriously dude, whatever. Life's too short.