HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,473 Posts
I havnt done nothing to mine and Im very happy with it.
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:19 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
I havnt done nothing to mine and Im very happy with it.
yeah ! man. mine is stock since arrived last year in september i think. i have not damage anithing, landing still like new . is a blast in the air in my field mine is the only one. and every time i took she with me to field is the title of the day. i have problems with my eyes so i dont use this one too much since is so fast that i can not resist to still only on half stick to dont loos it. but some of my friends at the field they do so much cool stunt with my bird that i just love to see it the sky no matter who is the pilot.

i ordered a master air electric 12x6 to see if i can get better time flying a liitle slower in closer to me.

i do handle well 3D's foamys since i fly in a radius of 200 300 feet
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:10 PM
Not home......at the field
Greenvile, PA
Joined Apr 2009
80 Posts
I have made a couple of minor mods.
1. Wing tips (see pic). Really helps at slow speeds though I perfer high speed.lol
2. 2.5 inch wheels for summer and modified dubro skis for winter flying.
3. APC 12x6 prop
hamburgrd is offline Find More Posts by hamburgrd
Last edited by hamburgrd; Jan 29, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,473 Posts
What did you use for the wing tips,I like the ski set up,as Borat would sa "very nice"
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburgrd View Post
I have made a couple of minor mods.
1. Wing tips (see pic). Really helps at slow speeds though I perfer high speed.lol
2. 2.5 inch wheels for summer and modified dubro skis for winter flying.
3. APC 12x6 prop
Could you attach a closer pic of what you did with the ski's. I have the same ski's on mine but just went with the stock setup.
pkquat is offline Find More Posts by pkquat
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hmm, I wonder If this will fly
United States, FL, Port Charlotte
Joined Jul 2004
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkquat View Post
Killlerproblem,

I am assuming you upgraded the esc (and motor?) since there are some that draw well over 35A.

stock motor, and esc with the 11.5x7.5 using 35c 2200mAh 3s batts.
some testing was done with a hobbyking SS 40A esc, when motocalc guessed (thats how i take it's #'s anyway) that the amp draw would be over 35ish amps.

the motor is really not bad, it would handle 4s running a 9" (maby 10") prop if you needed speed.

the best mods for this plane (for me at least) have been adding a balsa TE tapered to 1/16" or less and taller landing gear (5/32" wire) using 2.5" Rubber (air filled) wheels for rough strips...
i did add some winglets to her but it was mostly for wingtip effency reasons...
with the TE stock she slows down to a real crawl, 2 notches of throttle from 0 is all thats needed to keep her in the air... i've done some real slow passes at 8-9 mph since that mod... before the best i could get was 12-14mph...

i tried the 10x6-4blade.... NOT a good prop for this plane... way to slow for the airframe... it would climb strait up (VERY slowly, think UM-4-site climbing out of a hover, maby slower) out of my hand at 30% throttle but you needed 45% to maintain LEVEL flight at about 10-12 mph and at WOT she was only doing about 30-35mph, A electric 2m sailplane out-ran her at 50% throttle... too slow to do most aerobatics too... and it used 41Amp at WOT...very inefficent...

after trying 15+ props on her I firmly belive that the Master airscrew forumla 1, 11.5 x 7.5 is the best all round prop for the stock power system... the next best being a aeronaut 11x8 or Gsonic 11x8. and the third being a apc 11x7 or zinger 11x7...
killerproblem is offline Find More Posts by killerproblem
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Jun 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerproblem View Post
............the best mods for this plane (for me at least) have been adding a balsa TE tapered to 1/16" or less and taller landing gear (5/32" wire) using 2.5" Rubber (air filled) wheels for rough strips...........
Ty for the all the prop information.

I'm having a brain fart on "TE." What was that mod?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:19 PM
Not home......at the field
Greenvile, PA
Joined Apr 2009
80 Posts
The wing tips are Balsa wrapped around the wing then I used plexiglass to for the stabilizers. I originally was going to leave them clear then changed my mind.

The stock springs were too small to fit on my axles so I ended up with the following through trial and error. I like the stock set up and it worked well on my T-28 but I just could not get them to fit.
hamburgrd is offline Find More Posts by hamburgrd
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:27 PM
Joined Jun 2008
775 Posts
TY I'll have to save the picture for next year.

I can't believe I forgot about the spring problem. I must have tried to forget. I used a pick / awl the enlarge the diameter of the spring coil and still had to thread them on some. That was one PITA!!!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
Joined Jul 2004
420 Posts
Quote:
Ty for the all the prop information.

I'm having a brain fart on "TE." What was that mod?
TE = Trailing Edge
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2008
775 Posts
I noticed the winglets, but what / how did you do the TE mod to. The TE of the wing. It is tough to tell from the pictures. 8-9 mph stable speeds would be nice for rough grass landings.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:03 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,152 Posts
just got back from flyin 4 batteries-absolutely a blast. Round-the-park inverted and knife edge, hammerheads, slow floats, and snap rolls. I tried hovers but the extra isnt a "3D" plane (and niether is the pilot)it was windy so that didnt work out so well but i did my best in the limits of my piloting skills to try and rip the wings off (they are still attached) Best flight in my history so far
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:46 PM
Joined Jul 2004
420 Posts
Quote:
I noticed the winglets, but what / how did you do the TE mod to. The TE of the wing. It is tough to tell from the pictures. 8-9 mph stable speeds would be nice for rough grass landings.

ummm... I'll get some pic's up sometime soon, I haven't posted any of my pz-extra 300 as of yet...at least I don't think so...

the TE of the wing was about 3/16" (tiny bit less) thick out of the box... i added 3/16 x3/4 balsa TE stock to the entire wing, i had to plane it down (1-2 passes) to line up perfectly then i just glued it on then used a bit of packing tape to help with scuffs / nicks....
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:50 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,152 Posts
from firyfate-post 346-"Assuming you have a lot of throw, it'll pull up and roll really hard to the right. I really don't think the shape of the wings has anything to do with that like people are suggesting.

The elevator linkage connects on the right... so when the flimsy foam elevator is at a high angle and is encountering a lot of air pressure, the left side is going to flex back towards neutral, causing the right roll. Of course pulling hard up is going to put you nearer a stall no matter what, and this bit of flex ensures the roll.

I think in the next couple weeks I am going to take some time and reinforce my elevator with a carbon fiber spar… I’d put good odds on that reducing this tendency."-----i tried pulling hard up today and couldnt get the roll tendency-the only time i got the wing to drop was because of a stall because i was pullin all i had, and it didnt even stall out till i got back around to allmost level. I did NOT however try a slow loop.
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:17 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i tried pulling hard up today and couldnt get the roll tendency-the only time i got the wing to drop was because of a stall because i was pullin all i had, and it didnt even stall out till i got back around to allmost level. I did NOT however try a slow loop.
And how much elevator throw do you have? Have you moved the servo linkages since you bought it?
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate