2,149 Posts
I have a 9x5x3 too laying around...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
I've become increasingly frustrated with HH lately. My 300 has been in the service center for 11 days now with ZERO information updated on repair/replacement. The website claims a 7 day turnaround. psssh.

I'm almost tempted to sell all of my HH stuff and move to Durafly. Besides, I've got enough parts laying around to make pretty much any air frame fly.

Has anyone else experienced lengthy delays like this? I've only ever heard how great HH is when it comes to service.
davebales is offline Find More Posts by davebales
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:47 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebales View Post
I've become increasingly frustrated with HH lately. My 300 has been in the service center for 11 days now with ZERO information updated on repair/replacement. The website claims a 7 day turnaround. psssh.

I'm almost tempted to sell all of my HH stuff and move to Durafly. Besides, I've got enough parts laying around to make pretty much any air frame fly.

Has anyone else experienced lengthy delays like this? I've only ever heard how great HH is when it comes to service.
If you where in England and dealing with HH UK I'd under stand...
HH UK do not have a good rep over here...there a bunch of wanker...

Sean
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:05 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
Don't do that!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,057 Posts
Quote:

Have you called them. I have never had anything but good luck when I call them and speak with them about my problem.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:50 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Have you called them. I have never had anything but good luck when I call them and speak with them about my problem.
X2. They have always treated me and the people I know very nice. I assure you that from Durafly you will not get anything.
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,740 Posts
Quote:

Taught a kid to fly at my school. He buys a mini super cub. Outgrows it and buys a durafly p-51

Yjr cub is in perfect shape. The Durafly has retracts that keep turning sideways on takeoff and glitchy servos and now is in a pile of foam in his garage along with another durafly product.

He now has the new Stryker. Flat spins, inverted passes you name it and it flies to a safe landing. Never had an issue.

HH aint perfect but they are making a good product for the money.

Multiplex are a little more money and you have to make your plane. They make some really nice models. You choose the quality of the guts.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
^^^ What he said....
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joined May 2011
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
^^^ What he said....
GWS makes a good model too. I hate the strange looking wheels but they fly well. Instructions are hard to understand.

If you want an almost ready to fly model with minimal set up HH has some of the best.

They have spotty customer service
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:16 AM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
I'm selling my 300 if anyone is interested. Please check it out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817458. I'm flexible on the price.
super_dork is offline Find More Posts by super_dork
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
GWS makes a good model too. I hate the strange looking wheels but they fly well. Instructions are hard to understand.

If you want an almost ready to fly model with minimal set up HH has some of the best.

They have spotty customer service
yup, you gotta build'em. But it's a necessary skill you have to know anyway. I have a GWS Islander and a Pico Moth on the back burner...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined May 2011
1,740 Posts
Success

I was at the point of trashing the 300 and putting the guts in something else. I have tried so many mods with little success. Lighter smaller engine helped a lot but still very hard to fly. I finally got repairs done and took a critical look at the wing. I realized the left half was badly distorted and super flat compared to a tip damaged wing (scrapes on the undersids and corners) was both true and symetrical. Grabbed some scrap Dollar tree and glued. Sanded down until each half matched.

With great trepidation this AM I put it together and took off. I had the elevators at 10 mm with expo at 40. Trimmed it up and flew a bit. Sweet. Gained some altitue and looped gently. Leveled off and uanked back fasr. Sweet loop. Nice landing. Added some travel to the elevator and took off. Yanked back and no snap roll.

This plane was bought early by a friend but the wing came from another friend who wears his 300 out. Amazing flyer but hard on planes. The wings were newer.

Guess it's a keeper.

Recommend the new wings without reservation.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2011
1,740 Posts
Forgot the other change. The wings came with a new Elevator with CF added. Good combo.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:24 AM
Joined May 2011
1,740 Posts
Back up to weight with the Power 15 and not a snap roll in sight with increased elevator throws. Looking at the replaced components I am suspicous of the old elevator more than the wing. If you haven't done it yet, reinforce the hoizontal stbilizer and/or check the flex on the HZ. I can pull up at near full throttle with no issues. I will say I don't have the batt all the way forward and it is level upside down and right side up. Not hairy to fly at all.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:18 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,749 Posts
It's easily my favorite plane for a feelgood flight, even in less than ideal weather!

It does snap if provoked though so I might beef up the elevator and see if that helps.

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install