HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebales View Post
Since I'd JUST put the plane together, all the parts had been checked. It's a shame. Here are some pics of the damage. You can't really see it well but the fuselage is broken all the way through. Only thing holding it together is the decals and control arms.

Makes me scared to fly my Yak now... I'll be doing a stress test on it before it goes up.
it was brand new out the box? i didnt realise. in that case,i would get onto them asap mate and tell them what the score is. id hazard a guess those tabs were not fitted properly in the factory in the 1st place. you would be quite within your rights to demand a replacement.
mrmurder1975 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder1975
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
it was brand new out the box? i didnt realise. in that case,i would get onto them asap mate and tell them what the score is. id hazard a guess those tabs were not fitted properly in the factory in the 1st place. you would be quite within your rights to demand a replacement.
Filled out a service request. At first I'd thought I'd lost the receiver but in examining the wreckage, it looks to be the tab. I'm calling them again tomorrow to make sure they know exactly what happened. I figure I'll mail it off Monday and hope to get a replacement in a couple weeks.
davebales is offline Find More Posts by davebales
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Filled out a service request. At first I'd thought I'd lost the receiver but in examining the wreckage, it looks to be the tab. I'm calling them again tomorrow to make sure they know exactly what happened. I figure I'll mail it off Monday and hope to get a replacement in a couple weeks.
well good luck with it mate. hopefully they will do the right thing and send you a new one.

i think i will learn from your misfortune and when i get mine i will put some extra glue on those tabs.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:43 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,025 Posts
Quote:
You can always quote there company statement..

Golden Rule
Treat everyone with utmost respect as we would best like to be treated ourselves.

Consumer is Boss
A caring, can-do attitude in every situation.

Inverted Pyramid
A servant leadership model in which leaders serve those they lead.

While we love to create innovative hobby products, helping the consumer have fun with hobbies is what drives us. And we believe that if our employees are passionate and dedicated, the consumer will be taken care of. That's why we place consumers at the top of our inverted pyramid and our CEO at the bottom. All the leaders at Horizon are energized to support those in the pyramid above them.

It is through this Inverted Pyramid Servant Leadership model that we best fulfill our goal of helping people have fun with hobbies.
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie View Post
You can always quote there company statement..

Golden Rule
Treat everyone with utmost respect as we would best like to be treated ourselves.

Consumer is Boss
A caring, can-do attitude in every situation.

Inverted Pyramid
A servant leadership model in which leaders serve those they lead.

While we love to create innovative hobby products, helping the consumer have fun with hobbies is what drives us. And we believe that if our employees are passionate and dedicated, the consumer will be taken care of. That's why we place consumers at the top of our inverted pyramid and our CEO at the bottom. All the leaders at Horizon are energized to support those in the pyramid above them.

It is through this Inverted Pyramid Servant Leadership model that we best fulfill our goal of helping people have fun with hobbies.

hmmmm...wonder if norris (aka grumpy boll*cks!) has read this. maybe someone should forward it to him...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:21 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
I am ready to replace mr. Norris at hh any time he gives up the job i would be the nice guy replacing all the broken planes & helis for us
Shame about his attitude
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:03 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
hmmmm...wonder if norris (aka grumpy boll*cks!) has read this. maybe someone should forward it to him...
He wont give a $hi7e...
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:03 AM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso View Post
I am ready to replace mr. Norris at hh any time he gives up the job i would be the nice guy replacing all the broken planes & helis for us
Shame about his attitude
hurry up and get your cv in the post to them mate!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,663 Posts
Even if the small tab came out, I would have thought the wing tube would have kept the wing on the plane. Stress should be up, down or backwards on wing, not trying to pull straight out clear off the wing mounting rod, it's pretty long. That said, I always put a small bead of hot melt at the joint of wing and fuse. Easy to cut if you need to remove wing and very solid for flying.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,663 Posts
Quote:
Since I'd JUST put the plane together, all the parts had been checked. It's a shame. Here are some pics of the damage. You can't really see it well but the fuselage is broken all the way through. Only thing holding it together is the decals and control arms.

Makes me scared to fly my Yak now... I'll be doing a stress test on it before it goes up.
Just remembered you put these pics up. From what I see here, this is no where close to a total loss. Barely dinged is better description. A bit of glue, a new cowl, and maybe a wing as you don't have it pictured. I had a unfortunate meeting with a large gas plane with my extra and the huge prop cut huge hunks out of one wing before cutting it off, but a bit of hot melt and it's been flying for months since.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:21 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
I've seen this plane fly without the wingspar, owner forgot to put in it when assembling the plane at the field, flew fine and all the dihedral kept it really steady....lol

Has anyone fitted the wingtip vortex generators on this plane?
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:56 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
I've seen this plane fly without the wingspar, owner forgot to put in it when assembling the plane at the field, flew fine and all the dihedral kept it really steady....lol

Has anyone fitted the wingtip vortex generators on this plane?
Yep, quite a few folks. If you search for "vortex" using the search this thread button, you'll find lots of info.
Best,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:16 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
thanks
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Just remembered you put these pics up. From what I see here, this is no where close to a total loss. Barely dinged is better description. A bit of glue, a new cowl, and maybe a wing as you don't have it pictured. I had a unfortunate meeting with a large gas plane with my extra and the huge prop cut huge hunks out of one wing before cutting it off, but a bit of hot melt and it's been flying for months since.
What's not in the pics is the damage to the motor. Probably should have turned it but it's dented. I sent it back to HH with an addendum to my explanation. My thought is the wing pulled the wire out of the Y-harness and caused the aileron to stop responding.

We'll see what HH says in a week or so. I'm sure with all I've read on these forums, they'll make it right. You can bet there will be a bead of hot glue where the wing connects if they do send a replacement.
davebales is offline Find More Posts by davebales
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
hey all

has the issue with the wing being semi symetrical toward the wing tips been solved??? (flat on top circa 2010 or so best i can tell ) I am considering getting a 300 but...... if it still has issues then would rather not spend the money
mtnmike is offline Find More Posts by mtnmike