SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,438 Posts
i find my elevator on the t28 very powerful and just use a pinch of it during most flying and landing so i agree with not using all you have for sure.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Hi folks, happy to report round 1000 flight with my extra300.
Ok, i have 3 of them, that's how much i love the plane.
One great plane
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
My extra 300

This is my second extra after a paint job
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Me& extra

The extra 300 redbull tom
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
My & the extra flying

My & my extra 300
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
Canberra Australia
Joined Jun 2009
735 Posts
Maybe I should try throwing it up, up and away like the above photo. I usually just launch it at about 15 or 20 degrees above the horizon with a gentle toss. Works fine most times, but sometimes not in strong winds!
MercerMaggot is offline Find More Posts by MercerMaggot
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
103 Posts
Improvements

Has anyone heard of any improvements made by HH on this bird? I would like to buy this plane.

Thanks

Waverunner
Waverunner is offline Find More Posts by Waverunner
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Just go for it! The wings r ok for me, u want to fly more inverted great cheap plane, easy to repair, parkflyer
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Extra 300
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
Has anyone heard of any improvements made by HH on this bird? I would like to buy this plane.

Thanks

Waverunner
HH has changed the wing, but by most accounts, there was nothing wrong with it to start with. I have only flown the newer version and find no problem at all with it outside of the need to keep elevator movement under restraint for normal aerobatic flying. It will snap out of a loop in a second with too much elevator too quick. But use just enough elev and it will turn square corners without snap out.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:09 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso View Post
Extra 300
Na. Extra 1200

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,143 Posts
I traded some n scale train stuff for one of these. I had a sport aerobatic and lost it with a brown out....good flying plane, that for sure. This one has a different motor and prop, but nothing I can handle
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
349 Posts
So is it a fact that HH changed the wing design? Also how does it land ie my p-47 I can dead stick and it will glide in with no issues
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeguy5 View Post
So is it a fact that HH changed the wing design? Also how does it land ie my p-47 I can dead stick and it will glide in with no issues
The wing is definitely different than they used to be. If you look at the top of the wing in the new ones, there is a visible spar around 7 inches long about 1-1/2" or so from the leading edge of the wing that was not there in the original. I have no idea if it helps or not as I have never flown the original one, but this one works super. Landings are a piece of cake, likes to be flown in, but you can dead stick it in as long as you don't let it slow down enough to stall. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but have no problems with landing this one for sure. It does the easiest knife edges of anything I have ever seen. No coupling at all, its a aileron/rudder only stunt no elevator required. Way more forgiving and aerobatic than the pz p47. The pzp47 will tip stall and fall out of the sky at speeds the extra loves to fly at.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,143 Posts
I am used to flying the planes down. I used to dead stick at first. Not something you want to do with the Extra IMO. It comes in slow, but of you aren't used to flying slow, you'll crash it...I keep just under 1/4 throttle on approach and cut right at touch down. You should see my P-47 landings....

I apparently have the old version. Those little mold spikey things are on top the tail and wings...it flies fine that way. Just looks odd
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim