HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:20 PM
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Jul 2011
34 Posts
Just put a turnigy g15 in mine, 450w and 45amps static. Going to have to upgrade my 35amp esc. On the stock prop.
perry3182 is offline Find More Posts by perry3182
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:25 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry3182 View Post
Just put a turnigy g15 in mine, 450w and 45amps static. Going to have to upgrade my 35amp esc. On the stock prop.
Make sure you let us know how the Turnigy easymatch G15 works out for you? I am thinking about using a G46 in another project as opposed to paying over twice the money for a Power 46 but I am a little nervous about the quality of the product, never having trying that line of motors.

Anyone have any experience with the Turnigy Easymatch (G series) motors?

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:47 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Hmm. I'm starting to think the PNP version might not be coming back... It's been gone awhile.
Charles
ccpdx is online now Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
Hmm. I'm starting to think the PNP version might not be coming back... It's been gone awhile.
Charles
It seems to be officially discontinued. On Horizon's web page, you now have to check show discontinued models to get it to show up. There is a choice offered on the left side to show current, show all and show discontinued only. The pnp only shows up in the lists if you select either of the discontinued choices.

I'm about to go buy another if I can find one, especially a new model pnp (with the new wing). I can't believe they would discontinue it, as it is the only truly aerobatic symetrical wing foam bnf or pnp they have besides the Carbon Z. But based on their recent history of releases it doesn't surprise me either. Almost seems like they are gearing more and more to planes aimed at new rc'ers. The most recent release of um planes was a real disappointment to most of the guys I fly with.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:48 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Suffolk, England
Joined Sep 2008
1,803 Posts
Has anyone put all of the motor, servos etc from the extra 300 into a different but more 3d capable airframe?

If so which one?

thanks
Will
Wilit run? 353 is offline Find More Posts by Wilit run? 353
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
bobly, good eye. That's too bad. I'm still hoping they come out with a full-bodied 3D capable (Parkzone brand) Edge 540, in blue and white. Oh, but maybe I'm just dreaming....

Re the most-recent-release, do you mean the E-flite AS3X micros?

Charles
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
bobly, good eye. That's too bad. I'm still hoping they come out with a full-bodied 3D capable (Parkzone brand) Edge 540, in blue and white. Oh, but maybe I'm just dreaming....

Re the most-recent-release, do you mean the E-flite AS3X micros?

Charles
Yes to the question on the micros. I think I own all micros introduced in the last year since I got involved in this addiction, but the newest just won't snuggle up to me and say take me home. Just can't decide on the as3x system and do not have any desire for the taxi at all. I have never cared for the gebee, and as I fly my micros over grass it appears the gear is permanent on it, so would likely destroy them on first landing in grass. As to the gyro, I'm sure it helps in some situations, but the challenge is part of what I like in this hobby, so not sure I see the need.

I would love to see something like an Edge, Yak, Sukhoi, Sbach in full fuse foam version 40" or so size.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Jun 2010
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I would love to see something like an Edge, Yak, Sukhoi, Sbach in full fuse foam version 40" or so size.
HA! I'm not alone!
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
Since they discontinued it I bet there is something new coming. I think I may sell mine.

By the way the Beast 3d is awesome and flys like a larger plane.
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:28 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Heya Wilit,

I would think the electronics from the extra would fit nicely into several planes. From E-Flite maybe a Funtana or and Extra 260, or the 41" edge from 3dh hobbies. I am sure there would be lots of other choices as well

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:10 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,134 Posts
Quote:
HA! I'm not alone!
I'd love to see the same myself. I'm actually just really starting to realize what this plane is all about. For me, it's about speed and wild spinning manuevers that seem like they're gonna rip the wings off. This has been one tough little bird.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:21 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,699 Posts
Not Discontinued

Just on both the Parkzone and the Horizon Hobby sites and it does NOT look like this is discontinued. Found the BNF on both sites under normal listings.

Parkzone

Horizon Hobby

Just FYI ... can't wait to get mine out again this spring ...

Marlin
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Just on both the Parkzone and the Horizon Hobby sites and it does NOT look like this is discontinued. Found the BNF on both sites under normal listings.

Parkzone

Horizon Hobby

Just FYI ... can't wait to get mine out again this spring ...

Marlin
It's the pnp version that is discontinued, bnf still appears to be available. Go to the plug and play section, you have to click show discontinued to see it. I hope it's not going away, I'd hate to not be able to find a replacement if something happened to mine, but looks suspicious. Why wait till spring, flew mine several flights this afternoon. 30-40 here with light wind today. Not any getting mine out, it is always out.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
It's the pnp version that is discontinued, bnf still appears to be available. Go to the plug and play section, you have to click show discontinued to see it. I hope it's not going away, I'd hate to not be able to find a replacement if something happened to mine, but looks suspicious. Why wait till spring, flew mine several flights this afternoon. 30-40 here with light wind today. Not any getting mine out, it is always out.
That does make me nervous! I am flying off of skis as owe had Snow in November. It's been so Nice though, most of the snow is gone, what is left is very an-even ice. Can't fly off wheels but very rough for skis. If it Keeps melting will maybe get the wheel planes out. Keep on flying.

Marlin_
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
979 Posts
That's is the same way they killed the Typhoon 2. First, kill the Plug 'n Play, then the Bind 'n Fly goes away.. Kill the lower revenue unit first..
four stroke pwr is online now Find More Posts by four stroke pwr