HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:00 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,945 Posts
Your elevator is likely flexing, as the control horn is on one side only, and the foam has to carry the load to the other side. If you search the attachments you'll find pics like these: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post18847685 here and in the main PZ 300 thread. This user (alucard0822) has a number of nice pics of an elevator mod as well.
Best,
J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Huntersville
Joined Feb 2009
520 Posts
FPV!!!! All I need is goggles.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...-24-55_413.jpg
Steve91t is offline Find More Posts by Steve91t
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:08 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve91t View Post
I want!!! <drool...>
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:59 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Huntersville
Joined Feb 2009
520 Posts
I can't believe how well this thing flies with all of this weight. The GoPro isn't exactly light, plus there's the small Lipo along with the tx for the FPV. I actually like how it flies with all of this weight. It's very scale like.

I love this little plane!
Steve91t is offline Find More Posts by Steve91t
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:12 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
well no flying the 300 this week im back at work. 2 hours after i left for work my new 42" 3dhs AJ slick came in the mail. Wife is going to bring it out here to me tomorrow so I can build it up and fly it when i get home. I did start my top-flite p-40 yesterday and got a lot done. I'll attach a pic.

Does anyone else fly their extra with the battery ALL the way back? it is the best change i've found for this plane. dont hold me responsible if u try it and something goes wrong though.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Huntersville
Joined Feb 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
well no flying the 300 this week im back at work. 2 hours after i left for work my new 42" 3dhs AJ slick came in the mail. Wife is going to bring it out here to me tomorrow so I can build it up and fly it when i get home. I did start my top-flite p-40 yesterday and got a lot done. I'll attach a pic.

Does anyone else fly their extra with the battery ALL the way back? it is the best change i've found for this plane. dont hold me responsible if u try it and something goes wrong though.
Better in what way?
Steve91t is offline Find More Posts by Steve91t
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:17 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
I just like the way it moves the CG back making it not so nose heavy for hovering etc.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:12 PM
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Yes if you are doing 3D stuff all the way back would be correct. Somewhere in the middle suits me just fine for how I fly. If it is windy (10-20 mph) then I move the battery forward but never all the way.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Keighley
Joined Nov 2009
147 Posts
ok i'v put carbon in the elevator and dont pull so hard on the stick and it loops fine now happy happy
amxen is offline Find More Posts by amxen
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:13 PM
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
amxen,
Great deal on the fix. I can still get mine to roll a bit while looping at full back stick if I cut back the throttle too much but is a slow roll not a snap like before.
I did 5 batteries today in 40 degree weather. Had to put on my gloves with the fingertips cut off, and warm up in the car a bit between flights 2 and 3. Good thing about the colder temps is not needing to wait for the motor to cool off between flights. Had to get some flying in today as we are supposed to get SNOW tonight and in the morning. Hard to believe and not even the end of October yet. May have to break down and order those Hobby Zone floats. Anyway those flights today were some of the best I have ever had with the Extra. The winglets I made are staying on for good now, they really made a difference in my KE. I felt comfortable enough to do some really low ones today. Well really low for me is 8-10 feet up. Winglets also, at least in my head, make the Extra feel even more solid than it already is. I did several inverted passes at head height, a new low for me. The winglets in conjunction with partial flaperons have made old girl handle great. 4 out of 5 landings were beautiful the last one ended up tail high but nothing broke so I'll take it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and as much fun flying as I did today.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Huntersville
Joined Feb 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
amxen,
Great deal on the fix. I can still get mine to roll a bit while looping at full back stick if I cut back the throttle too much but is a slow roll not a snap like before.
I did 5 batteries today in 40 degree weather. Had to put on my gloves with the fingertips cut off, and warm up in the car a bit between flights 2 and 3. Good thing about the colder temps is not needing to wait for the motor to cool off between flights. Had to get some flying in today as we are supposed to get SNOW tonight and in the morning. Hard to believe and not even the end of October yet. May have to break down and order those Hobby Zone floats. Anyway those flights today were some of the best I have ever had with the Extra. The winglets I made are staying on for good now, they really made a difference in my KE. I felt comfortable enough to do some really low ones today. Well really low for me is 8-10 feet up. Winglets also, at least in my head, make the Extra feel even more solid than it already is. I did several inverted passes at head height, a new low for me. The winglets in conjunction with partial flaperons have made old girl handle great. 4 out of 5 landings were beautiful the last one ended up tail high but nothing broke so I'll take it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and as much fun flying as I did today.
Yeah, this is stupid. It's sleeting at my house right now. Not stopping me though. The smoker is going, fish brining, and fridge full of beer. I'm supposed to get my FPV goggles in tomorrow and I really want to be able to check them out. I'm not planning on flying, but I would at least like to be able to taxi around.


Do you have any pics of your mods? If you already have put them up, I missed them.
Steve91t is offline Find More Posts by Steve91t
Last edited by Steve91t; Oct 28, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:07 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
wolfewinde's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Well I am getting near 30 flights on this bird now. Have been gradually moving the battery back - 2200 3s - until now the end of the battery is even with the wing screws. She is almost completely neutral inverted now. I think I have finally found the "sweet spot" - for me at least.

I really do like this airplane for a sport flyer, although she still puts a scare in me now and then. I think I need to do the elevator mod next to stiffen that up a bit.

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:39 PM
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,156 Posts
Steve,
Page 99 post 1485 for the winglets. For the flaperons I have a HK Orange 6ch Rx with satellite with aileron servos plugged into separate channels. I setup the flaps on my DX6i for 20% this gives me the partial flaperons and I have a mix of flaps to flaps programed to another switch for full flaps. That gives me 3 settings on 2 switches, none, partial and full. I do almost all my flying now with partial flaperons.
It is not sleeting here it is snowing! I have about 2" on the front porch and about an inch in the yard. Chopped wood for an hour when I got back from flying. Oh and Steve grats on the FPV that is going to be sweet. Going to have to get a setup going myself, it would be very cool on something fast say a custom Stryker or some other pusher so no prop to mess with the view.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Last edited by MARCOELDRAGON; Oct 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:24 AM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
hey marco,

Im trying to setup flaperons using dx6i and ar500 and i have a couple of question. I have ailerons plugged into the seperate aileron ports

When I activate dual ailerons then go into flap setup and start giving it the flaps it makes the ailerons go opposite directions. So I go in to reverse 1 or the other but they still are controlled by only the aileron reversal. I thought I should be able to control the other side by using the "flaps" reverse.

Also when I go into monitor to watch my throws (and by eyeballing the plane) I can see that I have 25% less throw in the aileron that is plugged into the aux/aile port of the Rx. So on the monitor screen I can see it is calling it aux control but that seems to be the only place the Tx knows the difference.

Any suggestions?
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:44 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,330 Posts
Davebloomer,

If one aileron moves less than the other then this could be that you have some differential setup in the Tx. It may have been there all the time but you would not notice it if running off a Y lead, not until you actually split the channels fully.

I'm not 100% sure here but if the flaps are working in opposite directions (like ailerons) then I would be looking at the free mixes to make sure it is not setup wrong. Cant think why anyone would want to do that though... Might also be worth looking into the travel adjust of the flaps and change to 100% the other way, that might do it.

You got me wondering about this now so I'm gonna bind my mini-mozzie to the 6i and play now!
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's F4F Wildcat Owners Thread ChuckTseeker Electric Warbirds 14230 Yesterday 04:09 PM
Discussion Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP Owners thread tdriedger Micro Ready-to-Fly 3019 Jul 17, 2014 06:51 PM
Cool Its here!!!! Parkzone extra 300 lightspeeddud Parkflyers 26 May 31, 2010 08:34 PM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Parkzone F-27 Stryker owners--Are you happy with it? BuzzBomber Parkflyers 43 Mar 21, 2008 10:49 PM