HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:07 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
7,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Okay, that's cool considering I only have a DX6i. I was weighing my options of this over the Habu. Not only is this cheaper. It's scale, has flaps, retracts, air-brakes, and can fly just as slow as the Habu I presume with the flaps/air-brakes. It's a no brainer especially since I'm only going to be spending around $300 compared to $400 for the Habu.

Edit:

One question though, I don't know much about pneumatic retracts. Do you need to refill them after a certain amount of time?

Also how come it is exactly the same as the Banana Hobby F-86?

Ben
It is the same and you can get it for $219.00 receiver ready
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:18 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanksow View Post
In a word - Yes. Every flight. You have enough pressure to three, maybe four cycles until the tank is empty on average.
Hmm, that kinda sucks. I would much rather have electric.

Also it's exactly the same as the Banana Hobby one? Weird

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:33 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanksow View Post
In a word - Yes. Every flight. You have enough pressure to three, maybe four cycles until the tank is empty on average.

I get quite a few more cycles than that when I pressurize the tank to around 100 PSI. If you are only getting that many cycle, you may have a leak?
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:40 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
i agree these retacts have a good sized tank and on 100 psi i can get 8 cycles. i normally pump all my plane up before a flight just to be on the safe side.the elec. are going to take some of your batt power .
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:30 AM
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
What kind of speeds are people getting on these things?

Ben
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:10 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith b View Post
Cris can I enter the contest with 2 of the 3 objectives listed?I will not have a video but I will have staic shots and flying still photos.
Thanks
Keith
You can enter one or more of the scale contests, yes.
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:12 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
[QUOTE=

Also it's exactly the same as the Banana Hobby one? Weird

Ben[/QUOTE]

Not weird at all, Venom is the sole distributor of this plane and any shop can buy it through us.
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:41 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Not weird at all, Venom is the sole distributor of this plane and any shop can buy it through us.
I'll also point out: BH is shaving $30 off for a "pre-order", where as Venom has them in stock now. For your consideration: BH says they will be stocked "late august", and it's the 30th.....

BH also quoted me $35 to ship UPS ground, where as Venom quoted $23 FedEx 2nd day, or $10 FedEx Ground.

The totals:
BH: $256/$286 (with/with out pre-order bonus) shipped UPS ground, and you have to wait till they stock them
Venom: $279 shipped FedEx ground. Add $13 to get it in time to be flying this weekend (at least if your on the east coast)
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Aug 30, 2010, 01:47 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Also point out where to try to get ahold of someone at BH if there is a problem.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:29 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined Oct 2001
785 Posts
another vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
I'll also point out: BH is shaving $30 off for a "pre-order", where as Venom has them in stock now. For your consideration: BH says they will be stocked "late august", and it's the 30th.....

BH also quoted me $35 to ship UPS ground, where as Venom quoted $23 FedEx 2nd day, or $10 FedEx Ground.

The totals:
BH: $256/$286 (with/with out pre-order bonus) shipped UPS ground, and you have to wait till they stock them
Venom: $279 shipped FedEx ground. Add $13 to get it in time to be flying this weekend (at least if your on the east coast)
I ordered mine at Radio Controlled Toys Online for $269.99 with free shipping (thru tomorrow). Ordered Sunday night had it in South Texas on Thursday. Finishing it up now.
jpflyer is offline Find More Posts by jpflyer
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:54 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
EJF also has them .Robert has great customer service and so does Venom .like i've been saying this is going to be a popular kit as this thing flies sweet and has room to grow .plus the flaps speed brakes and retracts makes for a full house plane.and there is not much to putting it together all the hard stuff is done.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:08 PM
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
No one answered the speed question. Anyone?

Ben
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:31 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
I am not a good judge of speed. But I am guessing in the neighborhood of 60ish+ in stock form. Again, totally a guess. How fast do you want it to be??? There are several videos out there on this bird. Check them out, see if you can find anyone that can doppler them for you.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:57 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,044 Posts
i'll say 70mph ...but that was at 5000+ ft denicty alt. now that will be less drag but also less thrust....it looks scale as heck even the take off is scale like.can it go fastr heck yeah order one and follow the upgrades.this only has a 600 watt set up and it is large for a 70mm fan .sabres are clean it wont take too much to pump it up
Old Sep 02, 2010, 02:11 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Nice vid. Too bad there isn't a way to filter out the music on cool sounding jet vids.
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10