HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:39 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,936 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this thread and hope its not dead...I just ordeered one from tower and read all this thread..I have some questions.
Seems like this bird needs a seperate bec....All the freezing up and control problems lead me to that ...
But I do not understand the vido of the wing break...The review has a carbon rod in it and it looks like it broke near the fuse..did the rod just break??
and has anyone just put in some more rods for more support??
This looks like a cool plane, even at its cheap price it seems to have potential. I am going to put in a seperate bec just for safety..they are real cheap
.thanks sanford
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
Segelfliegen
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Hi all, I am new to this thread and hope its not dead...I just ordeered one from tower and read all this thread..I have some questions.
Seems like this bird needs a seperate bec....All the freezing up and control problems lead me to that ...
But I do not understand the vido of the wing break...The review has a carbon rod in it and it looks like it broke near the fuse..did the rod just break??
This looks like a cool plane, even at its cheap price it seems to have potential. I am going to put in a seperate bec just for safety..they are real cheap
.thanks sanford
Hi Sanford, thread isn't a kaput yet. Good idea on the separate BEC, please keep us all posted on your install and flying.
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,936 Posts
yep, I will... this is probably answered but? If you use a switch to open and close pod and not throttle position, what happens if you hit throttle while retracted??
Looking forward to this bird... I fly a lot of different things but all electric...I love new and different birds
sanford
Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:26 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,601 Posts
Quote:
#
No need to add any more strength to the wings. The reason the wing broke in the video was because the idiot on the sticks was doing full power loops.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:36 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,936 Posts
I noticed that....
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:49 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,936 Posts
Mine is out for delivery.....woo hoo
Old Feb 01, 2011, 12:32 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,936 Posts
Well, got her together and almost ready, waiting for my bec to come in..everything works fine..
1- added tape to all hinge surfaces
2- straping tape to wing tips, top and bottom..help with flex in that area
3- clear strapping tape to bottom for landing
4- fuzzy velcro to take up spaceing in wing to fuse...
5- spray paint with clear coat of polly water base.
6- paint bottom of wing lite gray for visibility
7- remove two nose plates of weight..
Bird weight in at 31 oz.. and balances nice at 53mm. from leading edge
8- cut hole in canopy so I could see green lite and receiver lite...
A little disapointed in the flex in this bird...Looks fragile..
but overall nice looking bird.
Lots of rain hear, not sure when can maiden
Old Mar 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,058 Posts
Alive and well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
Hi Sanford, thread isn't a kaput yet. Good idea on the separate BEC, please keep us all posted on your install and flying.
Yes and I am still here!!

HJ

Ps Thompson....got your envelope yesterday!! Thanks ....will send you a email soon

Can you post a pic of your DG on this forum site!
Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:36 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,353 Posts
Sanman
Be careful if you have removed the 2 stock weights from the nose as it needs them to get the CoG right, unless you have a heavier battery.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:59 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,058 Posts
Updrade Graphics and paint- Hondajet's orignal DG

Here are some pics I just took of my setup (now nearly 2years flying) after a upgrade paint scheme...thanks to the inspiration and kindness of studioRS....who supplied me with the scale side graphics. I opted not to go to the Swiss scheme and keep the "Ausie" version intact...but with a red trim on nose and my design winglet graphics using copy of studioRS stripes....and the extra DG logo on the tail and Club stickers that RS gave me just behind the canopy.

I hope to get some air shots in a week or so.... as my friend of avatar "Pommie" is visiting from NZ .....and he was the cameraman that took all the previous air shots for me posted on this forum in the past.

HJ
Last edited by Hondajet; Mar 16, 2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:24 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,353 Posts
Nice, HJ. I had a couple of flights on the weekend and got a couple of weak thermals. I may remove my HK servo regulator as I think its causing throttle glitches. I found some pilots in a hobby store in Singapore so they need to go in soon!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:03 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Nice, HJ. I had a couple of flights on the weekend and got a couple of weak thermals. I may remove my HK servo regulator as I think its causing throttle glitches. I found some pilots in a hobby store in Singapore so they need to go in soon!

Tks Chris

U mean servo slower? I got the HC Turnigy brand...for the RMS and had no problems with them on my planes.

HJ
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:20 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,058 Posts
Current livery Flying Pics

Chris

A couple of flying shots taken last weekend!

Louis
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:51 AM
Uh Oh......
United Kingdom, Peterborough
Joined Sep 2008
50 Posts
Quote:
yep, I will... this is probably answered but? If you use a switch to open and close pod and not throttle position, what happens if you hit throttle while retracted??
sanford
Tried it before i replaced 1 of the pod arms, pod springs up and fires away for me
My first and only take off was from snow, went up brilliantly so have yet to try hand launching. To replace 1 of the arms i asked the owner of my lhs to order from ripmax with the necessary code, cost 13 because you get everything but oh well. All i needed to do was drill a hole to where the lowest screw was, the bottom hole is held by a pin which was a bit tricky to get at. Also at just over half throttle the propellor vibrates violently, anyone know why? When i removed the propellor at the same throttle point the motor seemed to make a high pitch grind sound for a split second bearings?
Moleman rc is offline Find More Posts by Moleman rc
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:51 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
I had a nice flight with mine this afternoon. Caught a thermal at 400 feet and specked out in about 2 minutes. Furtunately it came down nicely once I went inverted and flew back towards the field and out of the thermal. I was able to catch two more thermals on the same flight and got 45 minutes of flying time off of one battery climb. Great day for the hobby today. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member