HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:15 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
ssassen, I love you man. When are you going to buy me that beer?
Well, sending the guy the prize he rightfully earned is a start?

And I'm really sorry but I've read through your explanation and I've been privvy to (part of the) discussion between Trappy and Heiko. I must honestly say that what you seem to be advertising as the 'truth' is a little different from what actually happened.

Regardless, I don't want to get into the middle of this, I just think it is bad form to deny Trappy his prize which he won fair and square. I don't think it is strange either that he subsequently posts in your topics asking when he can expect it, do you?

I'm going to speculate here, but isn't the real question whether you are afraid that he'll give Eagletree bad press for the OSD Pro? Frankly, if you are confident about the performance of the product what's there to worry about?

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:03 AM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
Australia, VIC, Balnarring
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
if its bad press your worried about then whats worse? denying the winner of their prize says little for your customer service down there at eagle tree...
fpvme is offline Find More Posts by fpvme
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:16 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
Eagletree has an entire product division (fpv) that is at the same time in beta form but obsolete by better newer solutions. They face a fine line of chuging along as is selling the system to newbies that don't know any better or face having it exposed and errode away any foothold they have gained in the market.

If I were Eagletree I to would have my head burried in the sand.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:05 AM
Germany, RP, MZ
Joined May 2009
60 Posts
Hi Guys!

Sorry for my late reply, but like I already mentioned to Bill, I was very busy with german FPV-Meeting 2010 (which was very nice! )!

After the end of the competition I sent Trappy's address to Bill and asked him to send it his way.
After a few days, I got Bills reply containing the thoughts of lamenting/apologizing the prize for the FPV-Video of the Month. As mentioned earlier, I had no time to answer, because I was organizing the FPV-Meeting.
No other mails have arrived here.

I hope this answers all the open questions.
Bill, please send the OSD prize to trappy, he won it in a fair competition. I have no influence on how he will use the product.

and @ Trappy: Please keep it down with bashing ET products. Both OSD's (IRC and ET) have their pros and cons, I think we are all old enough and don't have to write bad things about other's products.

Are there any unanswered questions?

Best regards
Heiko
www.fpv-community.com
Grandcaravan is offline Find More Posts by Grandcaravan
Last edited by Grandcaravan; Sep 28, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:06 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,588 Posts
Well I guess you have to send trappys address again since Bill claims he hasn't received it.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:25 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
GrandCaravan, thanks for the info & glad to hear the show went well.
Quote:
After the end of the competition I sent Trappy's address to Bill and asked him to send it his way.
That email was not received here. Please forward that again, and cc "sales@eagletreesystems.com" and all will be right with the world.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:20 AM
Germany, RP, MZ
Joined May 2009
60 Posts
Hi Bill!
I forwarded you the mail again
For my first try i sent the address to billpa[at]eagletreesystems.com

Please let me know if the message has arrived.
Best regards
Heiko
Grandcaravan is offline Find More Posts by Grandcaravan
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Heiko,
Quote:
I forwarded you the mail again
It's here! Not sure why it didn't make it to the other address. Maybe the gods wanted us to have some fun with us.

fpvme,
Quote:
if its bad press your worried about then whats worse? denying the winner of their prize says little for your customer service down there at eagle tree...
As I mentioned, this whole thing about us not sending a prize is just a stunt, started by someone with a long history of saying silly things about us. Who receives a prize we provide for a contest is completely up to the contest holder, and has nothing to do with us.

I will say this: in nearly every contest we've sponsored, the prize has been sent to the contest administrator BEFORE the prize was awarded, and the administrator sends the prize to the recipient. This situation is an example of why this is a really good idea.

Going forward, we'll keep right on sponsoring contests when asked. But, we're going to require that the contest sponsor receives the prize directly from us, hopefully before the contest is finished.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2010, 01:45 PM
touching cloudbase not cloth!
UK
Joined Dec 2009
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by est1976 View Post
Is this iron ok for putting the laminate on?

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...xd.asp?id=5151

Im also struggling to find a suitable metal L shaped motor mount.
hi est1976
if you are ordering from sussex, i assume your in the uk, so try this for an engine mount

http://www.flyingwings.co.uk/store/p...8cea79bdbfb2f2

and if your not from the UK, give them a try them anyway!!!
psychosaffa is offline Find More Posts by psychosaffa
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,031 Posts
Bill, I admire your calm professionalism in the face of this...interesting situation. I enjoy RCG very much, but some threads dissolve/degenerate a bit too much sometimes. I hope we can all continue having fun with this awesome hobby!
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:32 PM View Post
SteveFPV
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:19 PM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFPV View Post
Calm professionalism? I'm sorry, are you reading the same topic as I am? I've been watching this topic and trappy's adventures into FPV for some time now and he strikes me as a passionate and honest person.

I've seen him getting reported for asking Bill about the prize he won in another topic with Bill brushing brushing him off and subsequently reporting him to the moderators.

And now that trappy basically has Bill cornered and he has no other option than to send the prize you compliment him for his calm professionalism? I'm sorry, but Bill has been anything but professional about all this from where I'm sitting.

Just my 2 cents really ...

Steve

absolutly, lucky this is a public forum and all posts made by Bill and whats left of trappy's can be found on the previous page's link by FAA
people can come to their own conclusions on the situation...
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:36 PM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Last edited by fpvme; Sep 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: moving on
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:00 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Aug 2009
2,058 Posts
Please don't forget what this thread is about:

Building the Ultimate Ritewing Zephyr

Those of us who are subscribed to this would like to read about the Ritewing Zephyr, not about EagleTree customer service. For those of you who would like to discuss the EagleTree problem here is the thread that you are looking for.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newth...ewthread&f=469
kyle7119 is offline Find More Posts by kyle7119
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:07 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Aug 2009
2,058 Posts
Hey trappy, on some of your videos I have notices "smudges" on the GoPro lens. Are these scratches or are they just water droplets?
kyle7119 is offline Find More Posts by kyle7119