HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:07 PM
Real name's Teja :)
USA, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined May 2008
1,388 Posts
Discussion
Fat shark pan/tilt camera

Hey guys. I just got my hobbywireless plug and play 900mhz 500mW setup.

I also got the fatshark camera with pan/tilt mount. How would I control the cameras using a dx7? I dont want it to be left right on extremes by using a switch.

Thanks,
Teja
teha99 is offline Find More Posts by teha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:31 PM
Joined Feb 2010
76 Posts
I do not tilt my camera, just pan. I use the flap channel as its a 3 point switch and I do not have flaps. If you are using flaps, I dunno. Perhaps you could use the gear and the aux switch and accomplish this via programming mixing? I am considering getting a pan/tilt mount and using the aux channel tilt it slightly so I can look down more when I look left/right.

Of coarse all this means the pan/tilt are preset and not smooth like the guys with head trackers.
monthos is offline Find More Posts by monthos
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:52 PM
USA, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined May 2008
1,388 Posts
Well ya but this is fine for me. I wish I still had my Futaba 7C as it had a dial.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2010
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teha99 View Post
Well ya but this is fine for me. I wish I still had my Futaba 7C as it had a dial.
Understood, I wished at first the DX7 had a dial too, but alas. Using the flap channel works well, I ended up taking mine apart and repositioning the 3 point switch to be left to right instead of forward to back, makes it easier. If you are not using those other channels just do what I am planning on doing and you should be set. Flap switch for pan and the gear toggle to tilt. Set the limits up on the TX for how much throw you like.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2010
76 Posts
Oh, one other thing I did was add a servo slow to the pan channel to smooth out the movement. The quick jerk was annoying me quite a bit. They are not too expensive, normally used for gear retracts I think to make it look more authentic. Just hook it up in between the servo and rx, and adjust the pot with a small screwdriver while flipping the switch until you get the desired speed.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:54 PM
USA, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined May 2008
1,388 Posts
Ya I have a couple of those in my basement somewhere. thanks