HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:14 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
Weight doesn't matter in models large enough to even use this size fan. However, the new motor will be about 10oz lighter with thrust similar to the PRO version on 12S, but it will not handle more than 12S.

The thrust the Hacker setup puts out is 1.5 pounds less than the PRO version (which weighs 1 pound more).
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.flitemetal.com
Joined Mar 2009
322 Posts
Jim,

What is availability of the Xtreme PRO as of 6-23-2011? We are rapidly approaching our need for four systems for the B-47's.
FliteMetal is offline Find More Posts by FliteMetal
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
We are waiting on the new version of the motors to arrive. We placed the order several weeks ago (after approving the brand new V2 PRO motor).
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
26,908 Posts
What changes were made Jim? Any pics of the V2?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
322 Posts
V2 Differentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We are waiting on the new version of the motors to arrive. We placed the order several weeks ago (after approving the brand new V2 PRO motor).
Q1: Is V2 the same weight and dims as V1? I designed our bifurcation splitter such that it is close tolerance to perimeter profile of V1 CAD image.

Q2: Would I be so fortunate as to have access to the V2 2D-CAD profile so I can edit my nacelles and removable pylon blades?

Ed
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
The weight of the V2 motor is .75 oz more.

The biggest change was that we no longer use a standard 8mm shaft that is pressed into the end bell. Instead, we have a billet shaft with one end being a large plate. The shaft passes through then end bell and the plate bolts to the end bell. This prevents any possibility of the bell being able to "wobble", no matter what happens. We found that after 35,000 RPMs centrifical force can start distorting things, and cause balance issues. Now that we have 18S/24S controllers available to us, we can really start tweaking things! We have the highest power Dynamax fans courtesy of our 20Kw motor.

We don't have drawings, and I don't know what "pylon blades" you are referring to.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Jun 23, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:08 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
26,908 Posts
18s? You got some love for your CA friend
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
Joined Mar 2009
322 Posts
V2 Pro Motor Spec & Dims

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The weight of the V2 motor is .75 oz more.
The biggest change was that we no longer use a standard 8mm shaft that is pressed into the end bell. Instead, we have a billet
shaft with one end being a large plate. The shaft passes through then end bell and the plate bolts to the end bell. This prevents
any possibility of the bell being able to "wobble", no matter what happens. We found that after 35,000 RPMs centrifical force can
start distorting things, and cause balance issues. Now that we have 18S/24S controllers available to us, we can really start tweaking
things! We have the highest power Dynamax fans courtesy of our 20Kw motor. We don't have drawings, and I don't know what
"pylon blades" you are referring to.
Jim,

A B-47 has inboard and outboard pylons onto which nacelles are mounted. I designed our inboard nacelles to be removable rather
than having to lay on our back screwing with things...ala recip-ducted-fan back-in-the-day crap!

Since I am birfurcated within the inboard nacelles and a receiver box has been designed into the pylon so the EDF, ESC, batteries,
and outrigger retract units are all mounted onto the blade insert which goes into pylon.

Thanks for the latest facts.... see you again in three to four weeks for four Pro systems.
Last edited by FliteMetal; Jun 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
18s? You got some love for your CA friend
As soon as we get the first batch of production units in-house, I can get you one. I am looking forward to switching to the 100v/200A versions. Those will be perfect for our large EDF applications. The 18S version is a huge step up from what we have had in the past.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:33 PM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Nov 2007
5,773 Posts
Can you get the motors and ESC's for large planes with props?
Equivalent 100cc, 150cc, 200cc gas to electric conversions?
wingspan100 is offline Find More Posts by wingspan100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I really like this video:
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:48 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
We will have the ESC's, but we do not have any intention of building motors for prop planes (today)... who knows though. We have a friend with a 50% Yak that wants to get rid of the 270cc gas engine and replace it with electric power.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:49 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliteMetal View Post
Thanks for the latest facts.... see you again in three to four weeks for four Pro systems.
Nothing will change for you. The motor length and fan did not change from the original design you worked with.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:34 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
26,908 Posts
I need a work trip to Parker or Phoenix so I can stop by and catch up I can't wait for big jolt just to hang out and fly with you guys! Looking forward to it a great deal! I'm going to take a few days off even so I won't get called in
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:17 AM
Joined Mar 2009
322 Posts
Wire Length

Jim,

Another question:

What is the length of wire coming out of the V2 motor? Ice HV has a 5" wire. This is our planned
arrangement for the removable pylon blades with esc, V2, & batteries.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,492 Posts
Good for you! It will be quite fun (again) at the Big Jolt event.
RCG Plus Member