|Oct 18, 2010, 08:56 PM|
|Oct 18, 2010, 09:34 PM|
Most of the time but Santa Anna winds and high temps inland are no fun. One of our members installed misters on our sun shades that has made the summer much more tollerable!
|Oct 18, 2010, 09:47 PM|
Joined Mar 2003
New Dynamax Xtreme Fan System Sound Level.
TMACinc. where I fly has noise limits (and fun police).
Does the New Dynamax Xtreme Fan System operate within these limits?
1. For aircraft with engine capacity of 19cc and under, the maximum sound pressure level is 96dB at 3 metres.
2. For aircraft with engine capacity of 20cc and over, the maximum sound pressure level is 96dB at 7 metres.
3. All distances are to be measured from the centre of the propeller.
4. Noise measurement readings shall be taken with the aircraft tethered on the ground (grassed surface), and engine at full throttle.
5. Noise measurement readings are to be taken from 3 directions only. (directly behind the aircraft, and to the left and right)
6. It is the highest measured noise level from the 3 directions that is the recorded noise pressure level. (not the average)
7. All readings are taken on "A" weighted scale.
|Oct 18, 2010, 11:12 PM|
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
I am sure we meet these rules, but a LOT of this depends on the installation. The fan is inside of the fuse so you could have only real sound from the tail (like my Starfire). The fan is very quiet compared to the high revving ear bleeders.
|Oct 19, 2010, 12:36 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wanted XPS/Littlescreamer Dynamax Fan system||RCSCALEGUY||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||0||Jul 16, 2010 01:47 AM|
|Sold NEW XPS / Little Screamers Dynamax Xtreme Fan System||badbill||Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W)||3||May 19, 2010 10:05 PM|
|Discussion My new R1/Dynamax Fan -- T-38 and Foremost 150||CRCJA||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||19||Apr 15, 2010 06:33 PM|
|Discussion Formost 150 & XPS Dynamax fan system||bruff||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||12||Jan 03, 2010 12:36 PM|
|For Sale NIB Dynamax ducted fan propulsion system for OS .91 DF engine||WARBIRDMAN||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Jun 14, 2005 06:30 PM|