HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by milehighjc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:49 AM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Discussion
First in-flight video attempt

Too bad, the video I took yesterday was better, but I lost the file. This is taken with a keychain cam at 720x480. I think I can get it mounted a little better to take out some of the vibration blur.

Im learning that with bright sunlight you see the prop a lot more, so early morning/just before sunset seems to be the right time to shoot. I also think I need to fly higher to get a better vista... I thought I was up there reasonably well, but thats not what the video shows.

Pretty cool little camera!
Edit... adding one from today, I think its much better. This time the camera is mounted about 12" out on the right wing so it has much less interference from the prop.

8/22 edit - adding another vid... Flying along the Colorado Front Range. Like this one best so far, some pretty incredible views of the twin peaks, and the front range.

Flying along the Colorado front range (4 min 4 sec)

Super Cub on-board Video (3 min 49 sec)

Flying Super Cub LP (3 min 55 sec)

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Last edited by milehighjc; Aug 22, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts