HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:04 PM View Post
Venom Group
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while Venom Group edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hayden, ID
Joined Mar 2009
6 Posts
The previous thread was closed by accident when it was posted. Here we go.

Just some comments on this new F-86.
It weighs about 2.9lbs w/o a battery pack.
Its very stable at all speeds and inverted with drop tanks on.
There is no appreciable change in CG with or w/o the drop tanks so flying with them on or off is no problem.
This is not a screaming fast plane. Its very scale in speed and stability and it makes it possible to fly a scale looking jet with low risk involved for less experienced pilots.
It does have 7 channels so flaps, gear and speed brakes are functional. That makes this jet a good candidate for more advanced training with a much less expensive plane.
Venom Group is offline Find More Posts by Venom Group
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:24 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,892 Posts
Looks sweet! All the bells and whistles, and a color scheme I haven't seen yet .... can't wait to see one up close.

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
thats what im talking about. im in love. looks better, and price is way better than BH's....

need a beta builder!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:28 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
thats what im talking about. im in love. looks better, and price is way better than BH's....

need a beta builder!
corsair nut, if you do the math you will see that BH is offering it at the listed price because it comes with the Lipo, Balance Charger, 2.4 Tx and RX, Retract Pump, etc. Venom has a nice product and it is an ARF. Motor, Airframe, Retracts, Esc only. If you minus all the things you would not need, it comes to about the same as Venom.
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,306 Posts
Here is a larger photo of the real F-86 "Desert Rats" so you can see the detail in the nose art.

Its a rat with a helmet on flying a desk and chair with rockets under it.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Last edited by Chris Nicastro; Jul 20, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
corsair nut, if you do the math you will see that BH is offering it at the listed price because it comes with the Lipo, Balance Charger, 2.4 Tx and RX, Retract Pump, etc. Venom has a nice product and it is an ARF. Motor, Airframe, Retracts, Esc only. If you minus all the things you would not need, it comes to about the same as Venom.
Thanks Pete!

After I remove the TX, RX, and battery the price on BH shows $269 with the $30 pre-order discount right. So after they come into stock the price would be $299 + tax/shipping correct?? Seems like ordering thru Venom for those of us who don't need the TX/RX, etc. could be the way to go

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,581 Posts
I LOVE that posted Desert Rats scheme Chris! Wow, an impressive looking 70mm F86 with a full compliment of goodies and then some! And it if gets the nod of approval from Brent, that means you guys must have done your homework in the scale department too! This one looks very interesting indeed. Scale-ish speed is cool and keeps newer EDF pilots out of trouble? I have a couple of hotter 70mm EDF power systems sitting around and I have been watching for something cool to put them in. Might be fun to spice it up a little after seeing how it does stock?

Hey Pete, any update when you will have your new 70mm F86 in stock at Banana?

So many F86 choices of late, with E-flites composite F86 also recently released.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vaterra Ford Raptor with AVC
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,306 Posts
Well for some fast isnt always better and for others its boring so since we are interested in helping up and coming pilots we think its better to give them a stable platform that looks cool and teaches them to fly more complex planes. Then as you say you can "spice it up" later. Our EDF unit will accept 28mm motors both Out runner and In runner. With OR motors giving you less amp draw it would be better to use one and not change the ESC for the lowest cost improvement you can do. Just keep things under 45A. Bump up the KV to about 3700-4000 and your good to go.
Otherwise if you know what your doing then the skies the limit and have a blast!

The Desert Rats scheme is my favorite too!

edit; the graphics on all of these are water slide decals so the quality is very high. The foam is pretty smooth. Flying by its very convincing its not foam.

Chris
Last edited by Chris Nicastro; Jul 20, 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:22 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
ill take a huff to go. i need a full house sabre to fly at my short home field. dont want to risk my sweetie there
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:18 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,581 Posts
I'll let you know how this one flies CN!

Or, if you are up this way any time soon, we can meet and fly!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,488 Posts
you better come to vegas this year!!!! or your grounded mister! bring don too, he'll love it.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:55 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,581 Posts
You know, we will surely think about it. We are due for an event. Thinking about Oakdale perhaps but Vegas might be fun too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:05 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,581 Posts
Venom F-86 assembly manual is up now:
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:17 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,306 Posts
The F-86's are here and shipping out fast. The recommended Lipo packs will be here this week and shipping as well. All three styles are in stock, Skyblazers, The Huff, and Desert Rats.

Check out our new contest to "Scale that Bird!". We want you to be creative and make the most convincing F-86 you can based on our new F-86 Sabre foamy. Check out the thread here
Last edited by Chris Nicastro; Jul 30, 2010 at 05:38 PM.