SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2003, 06:45 AM
hem.bredband.net/b254298
Sweden, sthlm
Joined Nov 2001
325 Posts
is my Hornet CP too stable?

After getting a hornet CP, i noticed it's MUCH easier to fly than the FP. Almost too easy. So i did some testing yesterday to see how stable it is.

I put it in a forward flight, and let go of the sticks. And it just kept flying, settling in a wide left turn. After 30 secondes or so, it had circled away so far i had to get the sticks again, but i'm sure it would have continued like this forever.

So i also tried to put it in a hover, eye height, and let go of the sticks. It slowly started to drift to the right, and settled for the wide left turn again.

So what's wrong??? I thought helis, especially micros, were supposed to be hard to fly!!! Not even my electric sailplane flies hand off for a very long time.

Are everyone else's helis so stable?

//Nicke
Nicke is offline Find More Posts by Nicke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2003, 10:36 PM
DELAWARE
Joined Mar 2003
846 Posts
So let me try to understand this.... Your worried because your heli flys to good? LOLOLOL
50feet is offline Find More Posts by 50feet
Old Jun 23, 2003, 11:08 PM
Sha Tin, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
145 Posts
why don't you sell it? I will grab that if price is right.
reefer is offline Find More Posts by reefer
Old Jun 24, 2003, 06:38 AM
hem.bredband.net/b254298
Sweden, sthlm
Joined Nov 2001
325 Posts
Yes, I'm really worried. About those poor people who can't get their hornets to fly properly

Another guy at the field, who's been flying gasser helis for many years, can't get his to fly very good. Actually he has crashed it every single time he brought it to the field. Was kinda fun in the beginning, since mine flies perfect and i'm just a beginner. Now i just feel sorry for him

But what about all this talk about flying a heli is like balancing a ball on a convex surface...? My ball seems to be filled with helium, and rolls upwards
Old Jun 24, 2003, 02:28 PM
Roswell, GA 30075 USA
Joined Jun 2001
71 Posts
Great to hear yours is stable. Stable is not, however, the point - 3D is. Try pulling it into a back tumble. If it takes longer to come around than the next episode of the Sopranos, you've got a problem.
MadMan is offline Find More Posts by MadMan
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:19 AM
hem.bredband.net/b254298
Sweden, sthlm
Joined Nov 2001
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MadMan
Great to hear yours is stable. Stable is not, however, the point - 3D is. Try pulling it into a back tumble. If it takes longer to come around than the next episode of the Sopranos, you've got a problem.
I've looped it and rolled it just ok. But on the cockpit mm TX i use, you can't alter the throttle-pitch curve, so i can't fly upside down