Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:52 AM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meles meles View Post
I'm confused, eyeinsky1. (Badgers have small brains). I was assuming that all the mixing was done onboard by the supplied GMM so am wondering why you have the PG-03 gyros and so forth...
I made my own GMM, I've always done it the hard way. This gives me a better understanding of the ship and her operation. Gary's GMM is the best way to go if "Bagger have small brain".

Feel free to post your build update and issue here let’s keep the tread going. This info always becomes useful for other to fallow and one main source of info narrow the search, start your own post as well because it nice see your ideas and how you ship evolve with the FPV stuff.

Cheers Jerry
eyeinsky1 is offline Find More Posts by eyeinsky1
Last edited by eyeinsky1; Aug 22, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
549 Posts
i think your own would be better,
unless this becomes a nVader club
bradleyK is offline Find More Posts by bradleyK
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:03 AM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeinsky1 View Post
KAMAX

Baby step I've been flying it with one small defect. I'm using two clone PG-03 gyro mixing 1 and 2 channels mix on the radio like some of the Tri guys have done. This is not the best way to setup the roll / throttle channel I have one more mixer coming and a better gyro.

Yes I have been playing with it so what you see as instability is actual pilot input. This machine is very sensitive to input so lot of expo and flying smooth help. The end of the video you can see the smooth flight coming back. If you let the stick go she pretty good. I had Paul shoot the flag so you guy could see the wind level. Today the wind was much stronger flight was more challenging.

I never rolled video though.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry , I was just curious as it looked less stable than before ..

I'm sure with the other mixer , and gyro it will get better. Looking forward to meles build too .....

Terry
KAMAX-T is offline Find More Posts by KAMAX-T
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:04 PM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Camera Test I

Go-pro 720 60 fps with dirty lense

nVader 600 Camera Test I (4 min 8 sec)

nVader 600 Camera Test II (2 min 28 sec)
Last edited by eyeinsky1; Aug 22, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:28 PM
Underground
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
The second of those video clips is particularly useful, eyeinsky1, showing clearly how the engines move around to provide control. The flight also seemed rather more stable from that viewpoint. I'm very much looking forward to getting my kit and building an nVader myself !
meles meles is offline Find More Posts by meles meles
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:22 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Very nice Jerry .... last one looked very stable , and showed what the control of the motors really do >>>>

Terry
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
I have found the nVader to be extremely versatile and easy to adapt to the evolution of the build.

Currently have scale back the camera mount to fix Go-pro mount, just because the craft is so stable especially in the pitch. I would add more complexity down the road but would probably be useful in windy condition where more pilot input would be needed. Next step will be to add the AP2000 into the mix.

Jerry
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
lookin' good Jerry .....question >> in that second video , was the tail completly removed , or just the horizonal stab ? Camera mount looks good !!

Thanks Terry
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:57 PM
Halifax NS Canada
Joined Apr 2009
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAX-T View Post
lookin' good Jerry .....question >> in that second video , was the tail completly removed , or just the horizonal stab ? Camera mount looks good !!

Thanks Terry
Yup completly remove, If you're crawling around just replace it with little ballast.

Jerry
Old Aug 24, 2010, 06:38 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeinsky1 View Post
Yup completly remove, If you're crawling around just replace it with little ballast.

Jerry
SO ........It will fly around at a snails pace (if they are such a thang ) and still remain stable ? Is the stab mainly for "high speed stability" or looks ? ... either way .....it was very stable MORE/MORE love those videos' ....

THanks Terry
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:27 AM
Underground
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
Hmmm, so it's now really a Manx nVader then ? If it flies well without it, it begs the question as to why the tail is there in the first place ? I thought it looked pretty much essential as a pitch control mechanism.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:28 PM
What goes up...
England
Joined Apr 2010
198 Posts
Looks to me as though the tail would provide extra stability when moving at speed. remembering of course that its ability to travel at high forward speed is a big selling point over a tri / quad setup. Oh, and it looks cool

Can't wait for mine to arrive!
Untill then ill be following this build

BTW anyone know how long these usually take to ship?

*sits at window impatiently looking for parcel truck*
Krylon is offline Find More Posts by Krylon
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:42 PM
Underground
Joined May 2006
108 Posts
Mine's due in about a month.

*Shoves Krylon aside, peers out of window*
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:41 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Quote:
mine's due in about a month.

*shoves krylon aside, peers out of window*

lol ....
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:28 PM
Gress Aero
Joined Jul 2009
466 Posts
Quote:
... If it flies well without it, it begs the question as to why the tail is there in the first place ? I thought it looked pretty much essential as a pitch control mechanism.
Meles, Krylon's right; the stab is needed for high speed flight. Props with their axes not parallel to flight path make the nose pitch up. The same pitch-up moments occur in tris and quads but you'd never know it because of differential fore-aft thrusts to compensate.

Gary
GaryGress_1 is offline Find More Posts by GaryGress_1