HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Piper Cub Man, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:37 PM
Bend, Oregon
Joined Mar 2010
371 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Sold
ParkZone BL J-3 Cub... For Sale or Trade for MCX2 or CX2 Heli

Park Zone Brushless J-3 Cub.

I bought this plane off of the big auction site. The previous owner bought it from Hobb- eMart, the dealer that sells all of Horizon Hobby returns. The tag on the original box says dimples on wing. So I'm assuming it was returned for damage caused in shipping.

When I bought it, it had a bent prop shaft and the previous owner couldn't get the screws out, so I bought a new motor for it. I still have the original motor which will be included (I forgot to put it in the picture), along with a new prop shaft should you need to replace one in the future. The spare motor still functioned fine when I tested it, and I straightened out the shaft, so it could be used as a spare.

I installed Dubro 2 1/4 inch ultra lite wheels and a Dubro micro steerable tail wheel for easier rogs. I originally put a larger version of the tailwheel on, but it was to heavy, and required more weight than I wanted to add for it to balance out. I cut a small piece of Balsa that was inserted into the fuse for the tail wheel to attach to so it would be stronger.
I flew it 2 weeks ago. The plane is balanced and flies perfectly....

I installed an APC prop at the suggestion of another member, and it seems to work great. Also installed eyelets for quick release of the wing struts

Included will be:

* Plane as pictured
* TX (No batteries)
* Spare new APC prop and a new PZ prop
* Stock wheels
* Spare wing struts
* Extra rubber bands
* One battery with original charger
* Owners manual
* Spare used motor as mentioned above and new prop shaft
* Plane will be shipped in the original box, double boxed

There is nothing wrong with the plane,other than the dimples in the wing, but I am sticking with my Super Cub, and am thinking of getting a Champ or Mini Super Cub...

I'm also looking to get my first heli. Would be interested in trading for a Blade MCX2 or CX2 in similar condition

The price for sale is $85.00 TYD in the CONUS ONLY SPF... And I don't charge fees for using PayPal
Piper Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Piper Cub Man
Last edited by Piper Cub Man; Jul 20, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Lama V3?

Matt
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
Bend, Oregon
Joined Mar 2010
371 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Thanks for the offer Matt, but I want to stick with the ones I have listed, so I can bind my Spektrum tx to it
Piper Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Piper Cub Man
Old Jul 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
PM sent.
Matt M
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Jul 20, 2010, 01:15 PM
Bend, Oregon