HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Question
How does one make a flying site in Phoenix Creator?

I've only got bits and pieces figured out so far... does anyone have a concrete understanding of what is required to create a flying site?
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2010, 04:26 AM
Joined Jan 2005
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
I've only got bits and pieces figured out so far... does anyone have a concrete understanding of what is required to create a flying site?
I have created a few so if I can help ....

Have looked at this page created by Phoenix support ?

The trickiest bit is a getting a good equirectangular (360 x 180) image at least 8192 pixels by 4096 pixels. Do you have this ?
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_uk View Post
I have created a few so if I can help ....

Have looked at this page created by Phoenix support ?

The trickiest bit is a getting a good equirectangular (360 x 180) image at least 8192 pixels by 4096 pixels. Do you have this ?
I've got an ok one (a bit smallish on resolution) that I'm playing around with. I'll be shooting my favorite flying spot when the weather looks a bit nicer. I take pans all the time, just not usually 360x180's.

The support page mostly discusses the photograpic needs as they pertain to sending the materials in to RTG for them to create the site instead. No mention of Creator there!

I figured out how to put cube cuts into the system; now I'm struggling to manage how to assign ground, sky, and collision points. How do you do it?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:23 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
These are very nice by the way, much less tearing than I get when I try a full equ pan. How are you getting such great results? Nodal ninja?