SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by goodhumormarc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:58 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,025 Posts
Discussion
Just got an mSR

So I got the blade mSR. wow! what a great way to fly! it handles wonderfully! the tail rotor is going out I think due to the slow piroettes. I am a lot more comfortable with this little guy in my living room! Not that I ever had that SR in here! I am super excited to master this and move into my SR! should have started here. Oh well..now I am!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:39 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Very cool!

I'm quite interested in the Blade mSR. I bought a twin bladed / coax micro copter recently (a $30 toy from china) and am quite hooked.

I'm thinking the mSr will be a good next heli. How much heli experience have you had previously?

How long does a single battery last? What is the capacity of the battery you are using?
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:23 PM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,025 Posts
Thats what i had a three channel $50 coax. I bought an Blade SR for a little over $100. I was lookin at the mSR as my next step but then I found the SR! I did research and people said you could dumb it down. It was a lot more than I expected! It scared me really! I flew it a bit and crashed it a few times. I had to fix something everytime I flew it because I was not ready for the speed and agility, $$$. I took a step back and got the mSR used and she works great. I am used to the size which makes me more comfortable. I am working on hovering forward backwards flight back to hover...The batteries last about 14 minwith what I am doing. the more extreme you go I think the less they will last. I like the battery charger ability to charge four batteries at once and with 4 D cells if you want to go somewhere! It is pretty durable which is what I need! I just broke the landing gear...just an excuse to get the glow-in-the dark ones!This should have been my next step, now it is till I get these controls down to move on to the SR. I will keep a hold of this one as I live in Oregon and there are a lot of days you can't fly outside!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:19 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the feedback. The blade sr is too big for what I want anyway.

Another review I read said when learning the mSr was better in that it is much lighter and less prone to break when you are learning. 14 mins for a flight sounds great.

Is the blade mSR a lot more controllable than the 3 channel coax? I find with the coax I can hover just fine but moving forwards and backwards it a bit hit and miss. I'm getting the hang of it but any time I try to go forwards it starts to spin.

I'm able to fly outside a fair bit, I live in Queensland and we mostly have mild weather, but I really want one I can fly inside. I have high ceilings in my living room and it is a large room so it is fairly well suited for inside flight.

Is the 14 minutes of flight with the standard capacity battery? I read there is a higher capacity battery you can get as well. Heck, with 14 mins I wouldn't worry too much about any more capacity.

I'm reasonably confident if I get an mSr, in time I'll also get a blade sr as I get more experienced. But for now it sounds ideal.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:45 AM
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,025 Posts
the msr is a four channel heli. look up some videos on you tube. forward backwards, slides left, right. turns left right. so add in the sliding left right control to what you have now.