HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2001, 02:56 PM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
Need CG for Dymond's Take it Easy Glider

I'm assembling the Take Easy Glider by Dymond using the stock config. The battery pack is the std 7 cell, sub C size, 2000 mah and it's quite heavy. With a heavy pack such as this, I would suspect its placement in the fuse to obtain proper balance on the Center of Gravity is critical.

Any and all advice appreciated. TIA
Ron D is offline Find More Posts by Ron D
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2001, 10:55 PM
Ontario Int, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
628 Posts
Rc-dymond's Take it easy is the easiest to fly and fly it will! Don't worry about the CG-just follow the instruction and insert it in the slot just under the wing. It's not that sensitive to CG balance. I'am flying mine with HS-81 mini servos and 7 sub -c 1800 mah Sanyo nicads. I also replaced the folding blades that it came with to a Wattage 8 x 4 folding that they use for their e-glider. It takes off with authority and flies forever with throttle management-I have to land it when my neck gets tired of following it. I have a folding chair and sit down while flying it! You'll love it! Word of caution-Try to reinforce the middle wing with strong packing tape bec. when I flew mine the first time-it folded on me while tryng to take it down! it's weakest in the middle bec. of all the standard gear and the sub-c batt. I was able to repair the wings, the fuse was so strong that it did'nt bend but had to replace the motor too with 550 motor from wattage -via Hobbypeople. I specially like the fact that it can be disassembled and placed back to it's box-it's always with me on our out-of-town, out-of-country trips. Goodluck!
tnsfrk is offline Find More Posts by tnsfrk
Old Oct 04, 2001, 06:12 AM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
I also have the Flipper by Dymond and found that it flies with the CG just about anywhere - so I went with the same method. I just put everything where it fit. It does fly great - 20 minutes easily with out even trying to thermal. I'm waiting for a nice day with a 5 mph breeze. I'm sure I can keep it up for a long time. I considered an 8 x 4 prop but couldn't find one anywhere. I'll check out Wattage. Also thought about re-enforcing the wing. Since you suggested it, I'll do that - in fact right now - before I head to the field later this morning.

Thanks for the reply and the tips.
Old Oct 04, 2001, 10:36 PM
Ontario Int, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
628 Posts
I just called up Rc-dymond about the flipper because all my other planes have 400-480 motors so I can swap gears and battery but they're out of stock! The guy that I talked to at Rc-dymond says that he also flies take it easy and now uses the geared turbo 05 motor and it can go vertical using a 2000 sub-c nicad. I have to check out that motor! Glad to be of help!
tnsfrk is offline Find More Posts by tnsfrk
Old Oct 05, 2001, 12:37 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi These planes, made in China, are scary wingwise. Your reported wing failure, the third one I've read about with this plane, caused me to remove the covering, a glued on heavy vinyl- like film, to expose what looks very much like hot glued framed up semi petrified balsa complete with knots. It is time for ca and cf rod and tube here, especially if trying to fly 2000 mah and a steel gearbox and heavier motor. A re-covering job of the center section is easy on this wing. EAM may have the Flipper. Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Old Oct 05, 2001, 06:52 AM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
The jury is still out on the Flipper vs the Take it Easy. I've been flying the Flipper for 3 months and (for now) it's my favorite plane. I've had flights up to 30 minutes with it using the Radio Scrap 2000 mah, 8 cell flat packs and Graupner's 6 x 3 folder. Until I see better results with the Easy, the Flipper remains #1. The geared turbo 05 sounds like it might do what's needed. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the tips - again.