SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:54 PM
Whisper Model Aircraft
Greensburg, PA
Joined Feb 2008
558 Posts
Discussion
Smooth Genie Cord Span

Can someone measure the Cord on the SGP for me? My plans show the ribs being an inch longer and the spar webs are all too tall for the thinkness of the ribs. So, now I'm wondering if I have LTS ribs by mistake.

Thanks.
heliwill10 is offline Find More Posts by heliwill10
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,443 Posts
Assuming it's the same as the composite wing, this has the panel measurements for all three Genie wings. 10" root for the SGP.
http://augiemckibben.tripod.com/site...oil_panels.pdf
Also see http://www.geniebuild.com/harleys_genie.html
Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old Jul 16, 2010, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2003
566 Posts
answer.....

heliwill10

The height of each rib is different - therefore for the kit to have each individual rib web cap (40 rib webs just in center section) cut to the appropriate height - would raise the cost of kit A LOT!

Many modern kits just supply a sheet(s) of balsa/ply for you to cut the webs and web caps 0R the kits are in the $500+ price range.

They are cut to the correct width.....

Jim
PS: Follow the building log and the rib length will work itself out - also all plans when printed tend to shrink or expand - not always the same in both directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliwill10 View Post
Can someone measure the Cord on the SGP for me? My plans show the ribs being an inch longer and the spar webs are all too tall for the thinkness of the ribs. So, now I'm wondering if I have LTS ribs by mistake.

Thanks.
vintagesailplnr is online now Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
Whisper Model Aircraft
Greensburg, PA
Joined Feb 2008
558 Posts
Thanks for the help, the wing is really coming along!
heliwill10 is offline Find More Posts by heliwill10