HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:07 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuPunk View Post
haha i have mine at -20 and im fine with it. i can do some really fast rolls when the wind is right.
I'll bet it does but you might want to explain why you used -(Neg) so some newbie does not try it and smash up his plane when he should be using +(pos) with his DX6 or 7. Remember there are 30 lurkers for every poster and they take all this to heart.
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:09 PM
Registered User
AnbuPunk's Avatar
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
i just got in from a flight. i dont know what went wrong but i was flying nice and level, no wind and out of no where the controls lock and it dives straight into the ground. the prop, cowel and hatch are destroyed.
what the heck went wrong? the ar500? and will HH stand by their product or tell me better luck next time? i have only flown in about 5 times and never crashed before.
im going to call tomorrow.
.... not a pleased costumer anymore.
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:16 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Never mind post #1396
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
Registered User
AnbuPunk's Avatar
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
Never mind post #1396
i didn't crash it because of the -20 expo. i was flyin nice and lvl and it went into a dive with no control. not sure if you were implying that or not


nvm, i think i see what your saying.
i use -20 expo because it feels right for me. yes it makes the stick more sensitive but its comfortable for me.
sorry merlin, didn't mean to be edgy haha. just a little peaved my new plane had an electrical issue (i assume)
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Last edited by AnbuPunk; Aug 21, 2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: mis read.. sorry
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
Fighting Gravity
yamakawazuki's Avatar
USA, NJ, Clementon
Joined Mar 2005
694 Posts
Here is my wildcat. Its setup with an E-flite power-10, a phoenix 45, an 1800 40C 3cell, and a 12x6 APC prop. With a fresh battery its pulling 46 Amps at 500 watts. Maiden flight was today, and the plane flew great. This is one smooth flying plane, even at high speeds.
yamakawazuki is offline Find More Posts by yamakawazuki
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:17 PM
Registered User
California
Joined May 2010
295 Posts
What paint are most people using to repainted their wildcats?
K_Heff is offline Find More Posts by K_Heff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'd rather be Flying
davecee's Avatar
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,958 Posts
Easy-Peasy, cheap, performance upgrade.

I've got my Wildcat flying and it's a really great, smooth little flyer. I find the performance with the stock power system to be OK, but I like a little more speed. The included 9/6 prop works fine, but at the rpm the prop is turning I feel that the pitch speed is sorely lacking. I use an APC-e 9x9 prop and the top speed is much improved with only a small increase in amp draw, and still within the capabilities of the stock ESC and battery. My Wildcat is definitly faster than others in the club that are using the stock prop. I also used the 9/9 on my Gunfighter Mustang with the stock motor and saw the same performance increase.
Dave
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:34 PM
Registered User
Vevay, Indiana
Joined Aug 2010
10 Posts
my first 4 channel

Hi everyone. Just bought my F4F Thursday. I have 4 flights on it so far. Seems like it is easier to fly than my super cub LP. I just started flying on July 17 2010. I haven't got anything done around the house since.
octoberlizard is offline Find More Posts by octoberlizard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:37 PM
Registered User
California
Joined May 2010
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberlizard View Post
Hi everyone. Just bought my F4F Thursday. I have 4 flights on it so far. Seems like it is easier to fly than my super cub LP. I just started flying on July 17 2010. I haven't got anything done around the house since.
Congrats on your buy! You bought the right plane, enjoy!
K_Heff is offline Find More Posts by K_Heff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:43 PM
Registered User
AnbuPunk's Avatar
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Heff View Post
Congrats on your buy! You bought the right plane, enjoy!
unless of course it locks up and dives
but it prolly wont
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:47 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuPunk View Post
i didn't crash it because of the -20 expo. i was flyin nice and lvl and it went into a dive with no control. not sure if you were implying that or not


nvm, i think i see what your saying.
i use -20 expo because it feels right for me. yes it makes the stick more sensitive but its comfortable for me.
sorry merlin, didn't mean to be edgy haha. just a little peaved my new plane had an electrical issue (i assume)
I'm sorry for your crash buddy. I have never used an AR500 so I can't speak for them but there has been about 7 unexplained crashes at my field with them and frankly I will never buy one. I use AR2100s and AR2110s even in $800.00 planes and so far (thank goodness) I have had no problems.
I would call HH on Monday and tell them what happened! If you get the Girl hang up and call back. NO! I am not kidding. Callback and get someone else.
Best of luck and I hope the right thing is done!
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:49 PM
Registered User
AnbuPunk's Avatar
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
I'm sorry for your crash buddy. I have never used an AR500 so I can't speak for them but there has been about 7 unexplained crashes at my field with them and frankly I will never buy one. I use AR2100s and AR2110s even in $800.00 planes and so far (thank goodness) I have had no problems.
I would call HH on Monday and tell them what happened! If you get the Girl hang up and call back. NO! I am not kidding. Callback and get someone else.
Best of luck and I hope the right thing is done!
MERLIN
thanks for the tip ^_^
i sent an e-mail but i'll call monday.
im just really curious why it did that.
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:00 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
dkintx's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuPunk View Post
thanks for the tip ^_^
i sent an e-mail but i'll call monday.
im just really curious why it did that.
2 questions when you "bound" your plane how close to the plane was your tx?
also when did you notice after you picked it up if the rx was blinking?

3rd if you dont get he result you wanted hook up a 3s to the rx directly and fry that sucker!!!!!! then call up hh and tell them ur rx fried in the air causing a catastrophic crash... my buddies legitly fried in his 300 and smashed the entire airframe so they overnited him a brand new 300!!!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:03 PM
Registered User
AnbuPunk's Avatar
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
2 questions when you "bound" your plane how close to the plane was your tx?
also when did you notice after you picked it up if the rx was blinking?

3rd if you dont get he result you wanted hook up a 3s to the rx directly and fry that sucker!!!!!! then call up hh and tell them ur rx fried in the air causing a catastrophic crash... my buddies legitly fried in his 300 and smashed the entire airframe so they overnited him a brand new 300!!!
haha well thats a little corrupt.
when i bound it i was prolly a few feet away.
and when i picked up the pieces the battery was unplugged... i hit hard.
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:08 PM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Why does distance matter when u bind the rx and tx?
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!! ilovejets1 Parkflyers 34 Dec 09, 2010 10:29 PM
Build Log Dumas 17.5" F4F Wildcat LoneRanger Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 53 Jul 07, 2010 10:34 AM
Wanted TRADE MY NEW EFLITE P47 your ALFA F4F WILDCAT! BRUTUS2238 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 10, 2010 10:31 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Discussion Scratchbuilt F4F Wildcat kylewoody Parkflyers 2 Sep 01, 2009 09:18 PM