HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2010, 02:37 PM
California
Joined May 2010
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwall View Post
Well, it's just about ready to go. Waiting on post for my new receiver. Lost my last one in 109 mishap, so the 109 got my available receiver. Now that it's painted, I'm debating on whether I want to weather this cat or not.

Dave
That came out great! I was thinking about doing a similar one with the black instead of the green but I don't know if I could do as good of a job as you!
K_Heff is offline Find More Posts by K_Heff
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:07 PM
Joined Jun 2010
163 Posts
Sorry for the crosspost, but thought ya'll would like this too:

At lunch today I flew my cat and had a close encounter!

I initially was up pretty high and a hawk/falcon came from behind me really fast
at the plane.

Crazy bird about the same size as the wildcat was stalking me and
didn't back down at all if i would zoom at him/her. I thought I was
gonna hit it. It looked a lot like a peregrine falcon (white with
black specs).

If i was full speed he'd keep his distance, but if i slowed he'd close
in on and eventually go into divebomb mode! I was doing a landing
pass really slow into the wind and he came outta nowhere and as I
gunned it he nicked my wing and tumbled me a bit but I recovered and
he ran away for a bit but came back in a few minutes. Was insane!

Had it been the um sukhoi I'm pretty sure I would have lost it!
cloakscott is offline Find More Posts by cloakscott
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:10 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Haha...She must've had a nest nearby or something. The birds always harass my T-28 but nothing nearly as big as the Wildcat! lol
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:21 PM
California
Joined May 2010
295 Posts
The birds love my 7 foot spectra! But have never seen a bird attack a micro, it would be interesting...
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:23 PM
Joined Jun 2010
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Heff View Post
The birds love my 7 foot spectra! But have never seen a bird attack a micro, it would be interesting...
Hehe, this was NOT love, it wanted blood!
cloakscott is offline Find More Posts by cloakscott
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:24 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,151 Posts
That's great stuff! I fly my little HZ Champ across the street at a park. And every time I get it in the air the first time, a massive swarm (about 50 or so) of swallows will take off and start following it around. They don't really attack it, it's more like they follow it. It's pretty awesome. My keychain camera gave out on me, so I ordered a new one. I can't wait to get some video up of it.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
California
Joined May 2010
295 Posts
It would have been cool to see the bird attacking the cat, that's for sure
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:53 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Well, it's just about ready to go. Waiting on post for my new receiver. Lost my last one in 109 mishap, so the 109 got my available receiver. Now that it's painted, I'm debating on whether I want to weather this cat or not.

Dave
Hi Dave

That's just one cool paint scheme...I love the yellow wing NAVY! I will get me another Wildcat, the replacement airframe PKZ1970 and convert it to a yellow wing bird as well...Here are some pictures of the "good old days"

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,185 Posts
I did get to use the Corsair prop but, sadly I forgot to change the timer on my Jr. 8:30 was about 10sec too long. As I got ready to land I made my turn to setup but, hit LVC. I was banking a little too hard and she stalled. I tried to level it out but, it was like air brakes and she spiraled into the ground from about 10'. No real damage just the cowl cracked and the Corsair prop broke.

The Corsair prop, 2200 30c, and a CC T-bird 36. flies just fine with no heat on the motor or ESC. Climb and speed were improved but, not crazy. I don't want it to be. I can't remember the watt meter #'s but, I'll post them later.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:10 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
I didn't get any responses on trying the P-51 3 blader on a Turnigy 3536 so I tried it anyway. I do not have a watt meeter so I based everything on feel, sound, and flight time :-)
First of all, how the heck do you guys get that PZ prop balanced. I have put about 5 inches of tape on one blade and 3 on another while the 3rd has none. It still isn't quite balanced! Anyway, I flew around for about 6 minutes with mixed throttle and the vertical is much stronger than the Wildcat's stock prop and it flies much much faster but the battery, motor, esc didn't get any warmer. Flight times were a little shorter though...
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:52 PM
At least 2 mistakes high
Ridgeland, MS
Joined Dec 2008
385 Posts
Quote:

Dave
Looks great!
cid186 is offline Find More Posts by cid186
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
United States, MI, Davison
Joined May 2010
546 Posts
on the box i noticed it says fully aerobatic. does that mean this can do some fun stuff besides flying patterns around the field? i know it can do some fast rolls with max throws and rates and can loop and what not. but whats the limit of this planes aerobatics? from what i understand, warbirds aren't really meant to be super aerobatic.
AnbuPunk is offline Find More Posts by AnbuPunk
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:04 PM
London Ont.
Joined Sep 2006
333 Posts
Quote:

Dave
Dave this a very nice colour scheme, I bet you stands out really nice against blue sky. Great job. I should mention that regardless if the plane is new as soon as they come out of the factory you have oil stains and exhaust marks dirt on wheels ect. In my opinion every plane should be weathered.
Greg
FWCXC is offline Find More Posts by FWCXC
Last edited by FWCXC; Aug 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:12 AM
Joined May 2010
179 Posts
Yesterday
at our flying club,

Was there with my buddy that was flying his Wildcat at sometime.
While he was flying that superb Wildcat of his, I was weathering My
Wildcat F4F under the trees.

Got to work out some detail's weathering on both top wings and made
a fiew pill off paint and created some alumi scratch at a fiew area on the
top wings. The I got under and add some more weathering at the elevator
that need a little more to balance the view to a dirty scale replica.

Then I got some silver paint on to the radial piston engin. Not complet in there will need a little more in detail's to complet the radial.

Will do more on today, as it will rain and be grey all day. So that is a superb day to works some more on the Wildcat F4F. Very satisfy of the result's till now and got some good scores out from my scale master buddy about it ...
A1TANGO is offline Find More Posts by A1TANGO
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:51 AM
build like there is no 2moz
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Apr 2009
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuPunk View Post
on the box i noticed it says fully aerobatic. does that mean this can do some fun stuff besides flying patterns around the field? i know it can do some fast rolls with max throws and rates and can loop and what not. but whats the limit of this planes aerobatics? from what i understand, warbirds aren't really meant to be super aerobatic.
Anbupunk

Well i hvae a fair bit of experience in flying other things
I took mine out for a windy maiden, and had it rolling, looping, stall turning, flying inverted, knife edge (though it tends to try and pull out, unless you keep some down trim in. It also does all the usual warbird stuff- immelmans, split S, wingovers (and it looks good doing them too) low fast passes etc

scott

P.s A1TANGO--- your plane looks awesome
wallis_100 is online now Find More Posts by wallis_100