Yeh, an optimist with the worst luck ever
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:32 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Hey guys! I am back in business. When I got home tonight, I had a big box waiting in the hallway for me!

After the initial inspection, eveything looks looks good enough to put together to fly.

Now, there is still some slight aileron warpage, but nothing like my first plane and I can deal with that. There are also some dents and dings on the fuse I am not excited about, but I have waited too long to fly this thing and will as soon as this wind and rain subside long enough to have some fun!

I am again excited about my purchase and can't wait to tell you all about how much I enjoy flying it.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:42 AM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,035 Posts
Have fun! This is a great littlr plane
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:44 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,619 Posts
Mine has warps....

Mine has dings....

Mine has scuffed paint....

And it's my favorite "grab-n-go" model in the hanger !

Just make sure the control surfaces are mechanically centered as much as possible and have fun ! She'll balance out nicely with the 1300's; I've flown batts as large as 1800's in her without much fuss in regards to trimming. Right now I'm basically flying her in stock form (stock prop, battery, etc.) and having a blast. Parkzone puts so much R&D into their models, they truly do fly right out of the box

This is a wonderful little model. Just make sure you carry a little speed on landing; not much, but just enough to prevent stalling until you get used to landing her. After awhile, you'll be putting her down where you want her

Have fun, and we look forward to pictures and flight report
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, FL, Brooker
Joined Apr 2008
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Mine has warps....

Mine has dings....

Mine has scuffed paint....

And it's my favorite "grab-n-go" model in the hanger !

+1 Well said.
Russell_C is offline Find More Posts by Russell_C
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Yeah! I can't wait to fly her and it will be 100% stock. I may buy a higher C battery in the future, but for now, two stock batts will have to do it for me. Now if only the rain would stop......oh yeah, I live in Western Washington. That isn' likely in the Fall here.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:45 PM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Had a great time with my Wildcat today......forgot how relaxing it is to fly. Unfortunately on my last landing I landed harder than normal on the nose and destroyed my cowl......uuurrrggg....wasn't any bodies fault but my own...oh we'll new one on the way.

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:53 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,540 Posts
There's an upside to every suboptimal landing.

Today, my otherwise greased-in touchdown (without LG, of course) was marred by the three-bladed prop being in *just* the wrong position.....it's now two-bladed.

But, who can't use a really cool new book mark?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:57 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,578 Posts
This thing is stable...but once i put
this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tabilizer.html

its rock solid
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined Jul 2003
65 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much clearance there is between the prop and the cowl on the stock setup?
butaford is offline Find More Posts by butaford
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:49 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Hey! What settings do you guys use to fly with? I am about to maiden this beast.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,230 Posts
I've been quite happy with the recommended throws. High rates are great once you're comfortable with the plane. Rolls on low are a bit sloppy.
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
So 70/30 on everything? I don't plan on doing anything but getting used to the flight characteristics on this during the first flight (aka no rolls or tricks).

Thanks!

Edit: Ok so something went terribly wrong during the Maiden. The GC didn't seem right or the elevator was not trimmed correctly. I crashed it, but somehow nothing was damaged. I made sure nothing was reversed before the flight, but it almost felt like it was (It felt very loose and unbalanced in the air) I didn't get any video of it or I would be able to say more clearly what happened.
Last edited by GBLynden; Nov 05, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2007
459 Posts
You know, I thought to myself; "all this complaining about having something be "perfect" out of the box............I bet he'll end up crashing it anyways." Why am I not suprised to read this? I could have bet money there would have been something wrong with the airplane that caused a crash. I cant see it being anyhting else.

I feel for you in more ways than 1.

LOSIFIEND is offline Find More Posts by LOSIFIEND
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
So 70/30 on everything? I don't plan on doing anything but getting used to the flight characteristics on this during the first flight (aka no rolls or tricks).

Thanks!

Edit: Ok so something went terribly wrong during the Maiden. The GC didn't seem right or the elevator was not trimmed correctly. I crashed it, but somehow nothing was damaged. I made sure nothing was reversed before the flight, but it almost felt like it was (It felt very loose and unbalanced in the air) I didn't get any video of it or I would be able to say more clearly what happened.
Give us a little more info - like battery size (for CG issues - I like this guy a bit nose heavy because I can correct it in flight - otherwise a tail heavy bird will correct itself in unkind manners) - how long the flight was - were the ailes and other control surfaces centered - did you toss or someone else - did you start & toss at full throttle/half throttle - did you throw into the wind. Lots of variables here my boy. We can help

Hink
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64