HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
(You can also heat the foam with boiling water. It can be more messy but you eliminate the risk of damage to the foam.)
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:42 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,123 Posts
Lovin' the tubby little Grumman....

Warps and all !
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:50 AM
FAA - Foam Abusers Anonymous
USA, MN, Blaine
Joined May 2008
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Lovin' the tubby little Grumman....

Warps and all !
+1 on that, she just matches my personality (Slightly Warped)

Alway get a lot of compliments on how she flys out at the local field.
Low pass followed by a slow barrel roll or big lazy cuban eights in the sky.
She is a smooth flyer making me look good.
D&C
dazed&confuzed is offline Find More Posts by dazed&confuzed
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confuzed View Post
Alway get a lot of compliments on how she flys out at the local field.
Low pass followed by a slow barrel roll or big lazy cuban eights in the sky.
She is a smooth flyer making me look good.
D&C
Yup
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2006
97 Posts
new to F4F

Gents,

I am looking forward to my F4F. Just ordered the replacement airframe. I was not able to locate the PZ1975 which has everything but the batt and radio,it's being discontinued. So I have a PZ480 motor coming in the mail and will need some help.
Recommended Servos?

Recommended ESC? I was looking at the HK redbrick but I do not know much about ESCs. Ive seen some that have to be programmed by using a information card. What's up with that?

Other recommendations?

I like the PZ birds and have the gunfighter so I'm lookingforward to this one.
g2tiger is offline Find More Posts by g2tiger
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
After trying different ESC manufacturers I really like the Eflite Pro series(expensive) but reliable,--hard to program, but for inexpensive, reliable and very easy to program(with programer) I like Hobbywing.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,123 Posts
dazed&confuzed,

I couldn't have said it better myself...I fly mine the same way and she always impresses with her scale looks and flying ability...

A super smooth flying model that makes the pilot look good and always puts a smile on your face
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:19 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
dazed&confuzed,

I couldn't have said it better myself...I fly mine the same way and she always impresses with her scale looks and flying ability...

A super smooth flying model that makes the pilot look good and always puts a smile on your face
I like to see if I can get a good smooth slide on the grass at the end - makes for a great ending to a nice flight .
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:26 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
After trying different ESC manufacturers I really like the Eflite Pro series(expensive) but reliable,--hard to program, but for inexpensive, reliable and very easy to program(with programer) I like Hobbywing.
Yes, good series. From HK I like the turnigy plush - no programming needed. You can put HS55 servos everywhere but maybe splurge on a parkzone metal gear servo for the elevator.

How are you for batteries? A T-28 prop is probably the best all around for the pkz480 motor. You'll want 1800 or 2200 bats to power it. 25-30C is plenty. You'll get 12 min doing scale aerobatics.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:40 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I don't need to worry about (EC3) connectors anymore.

I ended up buying the F4F and I am extremely disappointed. It truly defines cheap crap from China........at least the one I received does.

It looked like someone played soccer with the fuse, the horizontal stabilizer has a crack in it right by the hinge on one side, and the ailerons are warped. The warping on the left one is so bad I would not try fly it even in a wide open field miles from houses.

I am officially one and done with Parkzone Parkflyers. Why pay twice as much for stuff that is made in the same plants as the other places and has the same imperfections?

I attached some pictures, but they do not do justice as to how bad this plane is beat up. To add insult to injury, the Product Support guy at HH was extremely rude in our conversation.

This one is going back and no more of my money for HH. The Champ is a great starter plane and the T-28 is a great second plane, but everything else have purchased is not impressive at all, especially for the premium cost.
Somethings suspect about that plane. Looks like a display plane or something. Mine was immaculate.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:46 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
Looks like the PNP's been discontinued. I knew that deal couldn't last!
I picked one up from my LHS last week. What a wonderful plane. I went from Champ>Bixler>Wildcat and its a RIOT to fly. I'm typically a multicopter guy but I'm pretty hooked on planes right now.

Thinking about a paint job change after some more war damage
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:46 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
Somethings suspect about that plane. Looks like a display plane or something. Mine was immaculate.
This is reassuring. I am seriously concerned based on how many folks that have at least one of the issues I had. I also find it interesting that you thought it may have been a display plane or something. My mom said that it looked like a used plane and was pissed a company with a good reputation would try to sell me that like it was brand new. I was already mad so that didn't help lol
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined May 2006
97 Posts
JD,

I'll have to look at the batts. I think my current batts are some 1300s for the Mustang and some 3000s for the Dynam T-28.

So the prop you mention is not the 3 blade from the Corsair? Is it the PZ Trojan? I thought the Trojan, Mustang and F4F were the same 2 balde prop.

I'll have to dig around ont he site and see what pops up.
g2tiger is offline Find More Posts by g2tiger
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:29 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
926 Posts
The 3 bladed one from the corsair has a different diameter mounting hole. Just FYI tiger...jumped in at the end of this so i don't really have an answer for your prop question though.

**i reread**

I think he is talking about the T-28's 9.5x7.5 prop. Its also the one i use on my Gunfighter (with a Power 10). Its a nice prop for these planes and for you, its the right diameter to mount on your plane with no modification.
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:53 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
I think he is talking about the T-28's 9.5x7.5 prop. Its also the one i use on my Gunfighter (with a Power 10). Its a nice prop for these planes and for you, its the right diameter to mount on your plane with no modification.
Yes, that's the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2tiger View Post
So the prop you mention is not the 3 blade from the Corsair? Is it the PZ Trojan? I thought the Trojan, Mustang and F4F were the same 2 balde prop.
The Mustang and F4F share the same prop and entire power system. The T-28 prop gives you more, but it taxes the 1300 bats. The corsair 3-blade prop looks the best, breaks regularly, and needs a different collet or some adapter rings. If you want to use a corsair prop, you might get a corsair collet along with it. The 3-blade gives tons of thrust but draws more current than the 1300's can provide; it also makes the motor run a bit hot.

The 3-blade is popular choice and I like it too, but I think the best all-around is the T-28 prop. Hey, try both.