HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sweden, Östergötland County, Boxholm
Joined Jun 2012
8 Posts
I run my on 2200mah works fine.
Fun thing to Play with besides The helis.

It is hardhandled when it is windy.
simonarvestrand is offline Find More Posts by simonarvestrand
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,573 Posts
That is remarkable Widdershins!

How long did t take for you to get 300

Of course, at the rate I'm going, I might be there sooner than I think Put another 30 minutes on her this morning. All of it fairly spirited Sport/Scale flying through three 1800mAh LiPos....what a blast! Her maiden flight was 14 July, and I've already logged 14 sorties with a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes flight-time !

I guess you could say I'm hooked

Cheers all and keep 'em flying !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:53 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
794 Posts
Wow

Justwingit,
14 sorties uh, how many zero's downed? You and Widdershins both have figured out that this is a everyday flyer, and just plain FUN to fly and I agree!

Just Fly,
Loyd
mustangloyd is online now Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,573 Posts
No Zeros...yet!

This weekend has been what RC Flying is all about. The past two mornings were near perfect with 80 degree temps, and virtually no wind (a very slight breeze). Put three 2200's thru the T-28 and three 1800's thru the 'Cat both mornings for a total of about 1 hour and a half each day out at my little flying field. (Actually, it's the Ft. Irwin Driving Range, but when I'm the only one out there, it's all mine !) Not to veer off subject, but yesterday evening, the Wife came out to the field with me, and watched birds (and Bats ) while I flew the T-28 and my trusty PZ Super Cub until dark. Just a wonderful time! Floatin' the Super Cub and Rollin' the T-28...fantastic!

I've been starting to really open the envelope on the Wildcat, and this morning was nothing but 50-90% on the throttle (sometimes 100% ) while flying Sport/Scale aerobatics and man, what a hoot ! This little plane has quickly risen to the top in regards to fun-factor! I know I sound like a giddy teen-ager, but this model is absolutely a joy to fly....

Just Fly !!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:38 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,200 Posts
Have you guys seen that little GPS logger that HK sells? I picked one up, and flew it in the Wildcat yesterday. If it's accurate... I hit 78 MPH (in a power dive). I'm betting you guys with modified aircraft could easily beat that...
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Semper fera cattus
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Wildcat VC-99 Squadron scheme, July 1945

Wildcat makeover to differentiate mine from others at the flying field.
Krylon Oxford blue, Callie Graphics markings, and Testor's Dullcote.
I have 200 flights on this airframe, and has even spent a week in a tree.
I got the idea for this paint scheme on the Model Airplane News website.
Roy G Biv is offline Find More Posts by Roy G Biv
Last edited by Roy G Biv; Jul 22, 2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: correction to text
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,573 Posts
Wow!

Great job Roy; not only does this model have a history with you (can't believe it survived a week in a tree!) but interesting and unique subject material.

Keep her flyin' !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
That is remarkable Widdershins!

How long did t take for you to get 300

Of course, at the rate I'm going, I might be there sooner than I think Put another 30 minutes on her this morning. All of it fairly spirited Sport/Scale flying through three 1800mAh LiPos....what a blast! Her maiden flight was 14 July, and I've already logged 14 sorties with a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes flight-time !

I guess you could say I'm hooked

Cheers all and keep 'em flying !
Man you are better at record keeping and throttle management than me!
I can not even count the bats I killed!
Too much like work! Fly on! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Wow!

Great job Roy; not only does this model have a history with you (can't believe it survived a week in a tree!) but interesting and unique subject material.

Keep her flyin' !
Yes 2nd, nice work!
Thanks for the presentation. Chris
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,573 Posts
Got the idea on another thread....

Figured I'd start fresh and log every flight with the 'Cat and the Trojan. I'm also keeping track (via little hashmarks on the batteries) of battery usage as well, to better judge battery life from how many cycles it's done, etc. The log is nothing more than date, time, what size battery, and total flight time. I'm also logging the Super Cub's flights, although it's going to be a little off considering I've been flying it since January...

It sure adds up quick when you keep track of it !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
How well do these wildcats fly inverted compared to a T28? My T28 falls out of outside loops, looking for something a little more aerobatic I would get an Extra 300 but I like warbirds a lot better. Als, how good is KE? How bad is the rudder coupling?
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
How well do these wildcats fly inverted compared to a T28? My T28 falls out of outside loops, looking for something a little more aerobatic I would get an Extra 300 but I like warbirds a lot better. Als, how good is KE? How bad is the rudder coupling?
Man you must be an adict, you seem ramped up!
Ok cool! I do not have the T-28 in that size and tend to fly my 52" unit scale.
My 16" T-28 loops in and out, can not say which is better.
Wildcat power system in the E-flight ultra micro stick is an eye opener!
Understatement.
We are already flying our warbirds far past scale!
So what is in a skin?
My best answer is that Wildcat is more capable than the T-28.
What do you mean by rudder coupling?
Be ware of the E horn connection. Chris
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,200 Posts
Quote:
I'm still fairly new, and inverted flight is still a major challenge. However I do fly both the T-28 and Wildcat. The Wildcat certain holds inverted better - less dihedral for one thing.
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:51 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Quote:
... How bad is the rudder coupling?
Do you mean yaw-to-pitch coupling? I notice this is quite pronounced on the PZ T-28D and if I hit the rudder hard on finals to ensure I'm pointing down the runway for a landing, it will drop the nose as well as turn. It's not a big deal as long as it's not unexpected, but it caught me out a few times when I was learning on the Trojan.
I don't see this on the Wildcat, however neither of my two planes are stock ... they've got power-train modifications, so I'm not sure that any of this would really be directly helpful to you.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:20 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
I'm still fairly new, and inverted flight is still a major challenge. However I do fly both the T-28 and Wildcat. The Wildcat certain holds inverted better - less dihedral for one thing.
Not me! Lol I've been flying since february and I think planes look better upside down than right side up
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)