HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dainw View Post
ZOOMING ELIMINATED . . . FIXED!
I had tried the throttle down elevator mix, weight in the nose, weight moved aft, single washer under motor mount top two screws, and still zoomed. So . . put another washer (two each aprox 1.8mm total) to give more down and right thrust. Removed weight and put battery back where designed (full forward) SUCCESS !! Very happy ride now! No zoom on throttle up, no zoom coming out of loops. Very flat and rides like on rails!!
Glad it worked out for you
Have done the same thing with mine, but only one washer per upper side,
still havn't tried it yet,this weekend will try it with the two and go from there.
Congrats to you.
Wish me luck.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
This is serious business
United States, WA, Silverdale
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
G-Force G15 (inboard CAM)

Not as powerful as some of the 3536 motors I've had in this model, but still will produce about 500W with a 10x10. Here I'm flying with a 10x7 (385W).
The motor was so well balanced, there was virtually no vibration present in the video.
Second and third flight on this particular air frame; When I got home I mounted a backup stabilizer and glued it to the mount.
Parkzone F4F Wildcat (G-15 motor) (5 min 23 sec)
mhlSilverdale is offline Find More Posts by mhlSilverdale
Last edited by mhlSilverdale; Jun 24, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, MO, Joplin
Joined Apr 2012
145 Posts
paints that i use .97 from walmart or hobby lobby in the craft dept.
jimmyzrx is offline Find More Posts by jimmyzrx
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Jul 2011
34 Posts
1/4 foam for the 2200 battery in the front or rear of the battery compartment? Don't have one of these yet but will soon. Can only bellyland where I fly, already had a p-51 and a t-28 without landing gear. Time for something different. Thanks
perry3182 is offline Find More Posts by perry3182
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
1/2" foam spacer in front of the battery to move it back. Goal is to reach proper CG.
Change that 1/2" to whatever you need to reach the proper CG point.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:00 AM
H2oSmokey
Mill Creek, WA
Joined Jun 2009
82 Posts
Tail Wheel dismembered from the fuse . . . whole assembly came out of the foam. What's the recommended (e.g. light weight) glue to put it back??
dainw is offline Find More Posts by dainw
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
A few drops of ca should do the trick
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlSilverdale View Post
Not as powerful as some of the 3536 motors I've had in this model, but still will produce about 500W with a 10x10. Here I'm flying with a 10x7 (385W).
The motor was so well balanced, there was virtually no vibration present in the video.
Second and third flight on this particular air frame; When I got home I mounted a backup stabilizer and glued it to the mount.
http://youtu.be/jwQFN4cAxPI
Cool! Thanks. Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Tail Wheel dismembered from the fuse . . . whole assembly came out of the foam. What's the recommended (e.g. light weight) glue to put it back??
Have canopy glue holding mine on.
I like it for it's rubbery give.
It does not take much. Too much and it skins over sealing itself.
Have taking things apart much later to find viable glue sealed in!
Good flying! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:27 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Foam tac or gorilla works great for me.
So you got her to stop pitching up on full throttle,good for you.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:42 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlSilverdale View Post
http://youtu.be/jwQFN4cAxPI
Nice stable vid from those cameras, you seem to know how to move it right along, now if somone only told you about that flapping piece of tape on your h stab
But you noticed that right.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Hey Smityplugs,

Sent you a PM, not sure it went, I might be at the middle school between 9-10AM tomorrow (Saturday)...............
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
F4f fpv

Hi guys,

I've owned my wildcat now for four years as my first "larger" sized plane. I have to say this has been a very helpful forum full of great ideas and helpful tips. I saw many pages ago about someone suggesting FPV and was a little upset to see no further investigation or suggestion . Considering that last year I got the bug to go out and buy all the basics for FPV (goggles, camera, transmitter, receiver) and a year later I am just starting to begin flying FPV using my laptop to screen and record the live feed (of course after three flights I've done about a solid minute of FPV flying < the result of watching the screen and when it becomes fuzzy quickly looking back to the sky to see the plane flying perfectly )

Anyhow thought I would share this video of my second and third flight (each being about 9mins. ) ENJOY!!

FPV Flight Testing (7 min 49 sec)
GeneralMcT is offline Find More Posts by GeneralMcT
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
Nice video. I've always sort of wanted to try fpv with one of my parkzone planes. How did the extra weight affect the flight characteristics?
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,284 Posts
Thats pretty spooky the way the video breaks up so much. I like the stop motion on the propeller. It must feel more exciting landing from the plane's point of view.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters