Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:46 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Sep 2010
224 Posts
here is a video, its a little old though, ill make some more this week end if i can brace the wings better.

Parkzone F4F WildCat , ice50-scorpion 3020-890kv- 10x10E prop (0 min 37 sec)

Parkzone F4F WildCat , ice50-scorpion 3020-890kv- 10x10E prop (0 min 37 sec)
fusionsx00 is offline Find More Posts by fusionsx00
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined Dec 2011
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
started life as a pnp kit, it was nice and calm

running it on a castle ice lite 50 , 8pwm timing =5 10x10E prop
on 4s 2100 mah 25c hyperion packs

then i ordered a scorpion s11- 3020 v2 890 kv
rated at 45 amps max 780watts (im pretty close and its a rocket)

What RX are you using? It looks like you have all of your channels filled up?
Alpha_Geist is offline Find More Posts by Alpha_Geist
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:13 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Sep 2010
224 Posts
ar6200 with a sat on a dx8 radio.

i have the alierons independent so i can use my spoilerons( i know , i know, to each his own, i like them for landing) so thats 2
plus 1 rudder and 1 elevator, and the esc
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotahaavet View Post
I have a question this might have been answered already but any input would help
If I have a eflite power 10 with a 50 amp esc can I run a 4 cell 2200 25c if so what prop should I use? And what kind of amp will I draw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Geist View Post
Never tried 4S on a Power 10 yet, but I was looking at 8x6, 8x8 and possibly 9x6 max.

The Power 10 has a max current of 42A, so best have a wattmeter and carefully check the current draw.

The reason I haven't tried 4S yet is because my 4S lipos are big and heavy, which would negate any benefits from propping down, thus sacraficing performance and flight time.

Your milage may very.
You ought to stick with 3S with the power 10 - it is good up to a 10x10 prop and goes really fast . The most efficient for a power 10 is the T28 prop (9.5x7.5). I've tried the full range with a power 10 and like the 10x8 for myself. For 4S you should upgrade to a power 15 (it willl weigh a lot). You can run 4S on a power 10 with a smaller prop but you are still going to be limited to 42A and you really won't do any better than 3S.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Sep 2010
224 Posts
Really you need a watt meter, I use my ice 50 logging to check my amps and watts

Then once I'm in range , I fly it , check the logs and if I'm within the limit of the motor I fly the crap out of it.

The only limit is what your willing to do, I'll try to get some Doppler speed runs, no doubt in my mind 4s will blow the doors off the same plane on 3s. Its still very happy at slower speeds as well.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined Dec 2011
347 Posts
If you stick with stock setup or the power 10, then 3S it should be. If you upgrade the motor and esc to a more capable performance performer (15 and up equivalen), then I'd explore the realm/possibility of 4S.

If you haven't already invested in a wattmeter, then you should. Every electric R/C'er worth their salt should own one. I also use a CC 75 and 100 esc wsith data logging, but you can't use the data logging on every plane unless you like swapping the esc out everytime. This is where a wattmeter comes in handy. If you insist on an in-flight data logging feature, then check out eagletree's V4elogger. Will work with any plane and isn't limited to a single manufacturer's esc. Just my 2 cents.
Alpha_Geist is offline Find More Posts by Alpha_Geist
Last edited by Alpha_Geist; Apr 13, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Geist View Post
If you stick with stock setup or the power 10, then 3S it should be. If you upgrade the motor and esc to a more capable performance performer (15 and up equivalen), then I'd explore the realm/possibility of 4S.

If you haven't already invested in a wattmeter, then you should. Every electric R/C'er worth their salt should own one. I also use a CC 75 and 100 esc wsith data logging, but you can't use the data logging on every plane unless you like swapping the esc out everytime. This is where a wattmeter comes in handy. If you insist on an in-flight data logging feature, then check out eagletree's V4elogger. Will work with any plane and isn't limited to a single manufacturer's esc. Just my 2 cents.
Big +1 on the eagle tree.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Sep 2010
224 Posts
I have a eagle tree as well, but hey I'm just a part timer here in plank land. I'm more into heli's but the war birds have a strange pull on me, then there's the jets.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
here is a video, its a little old though, ill make some more this week end if i can brace the wings better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFeb...ature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/qDFebBk5Wds
You definately have enough power. Glass the whole plane with a lot of added carbon fibre.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,504 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFeb...ature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/qDFebBk5Wds
that thing is bad to the bone!
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,034 Posts
Looks like the F4F will be the next plane I buy and ask for forgiveness from my wife. Anyone fly this with a Spektrum AR6115e receiver? I have one at home already and would rather avoid spending for an AR600.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
The 1st Sofaman
United States, NJ, Hawthorne
Joined Mar 2012
494 Posts
Hey guys. I have been flying my Wildcat for a month now and really like it. I was thinking of maybe modifying the bird with larger battery/ESC/motor. I had been flying on cells I got last year. 1300s from Hobby King. So....instead of ripping out stuff and modifying it into maybe a heavier bird, I bought 1300 packs with the highest C rating. That pepped up my bird so that I am totally happy with it. Flies scale like but will give me some realistic vertical and just totally happy with her.

Here are the packs I use: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Wildcat and Mini Wing (9 min 13 sec)
Sofaman NJ is offline Find More Posts by Sofaman NJ
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:38 AM
Polecat_af
Japan, Okinawa Prefecture
Joined Jan 2012
33 Posts
Well, I finally get to post here. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I've been waiting since then for a nice, calm day to do her maiden flight. Well, that day finally came yesterday and all I can say is WOW- this plane is AWESOME!!! Started on low rates (nervous), by after about one minute popped it to full rates. EFFORTLESS rolls, loops, and hi-speed low passes. What an absolute JOY to fly! It only needed about 5 clicks of right aileron out of the box and nothing else. Can't wait for my extra battery to get here, and then I just need to find a good (and not so expensive) charger to replace/supplement that car charger it came with. SOOO happy with my F4F!!
Polecat_af is offline Find More Posts by Polecat_af
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Looks like the F4F will be the next plane I buy and ask for forgiveness from my wife. Anyone fly this with a Spektrum AR6115e receiver? I have one at home already and would rather avoid spending for an AR600.
The AR6115e should work fine. If the OrangeRX works (and it does), that will work.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,007 Posts
Quote:
ar6200 with a sat on a dx8 radio.

i have the alierons independent so i can use my spoilerons( i know , i know, to each his own, i like them for landing) so thats 2
plus 1 rudder and 1 elevator, and the esc
Hey I have been considering, flaperons or spoilerons.
How are they working out for you?
Spot landing would be good for me! Thanks Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp