Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:03 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
Wow! long day at my Club 13 hrs
Got there at 7:30 am and the wind was already blowing moderatly but I was there to fly and I did just that.
The Wildcat first day 90 min flying time in 12 flights.
First flight with the TP1350 MAh LiPo flew very well.
All the other flights were done using TP 2100 15c 3s1p lipo's.
The 2100 were simply the best started flying at 6 min flights and the last one was 11 min. The Lipo took in only 925 mah , after the flight nothing was hot not even warm to touch.
In the very strong and gusty wind it flew very well and then at the end of the day it was dead calm and I was able to do the trim and all it took is a couple right click on the ailerons.
I'm waitting on the 3 blade prop to try it too.
My impression on this Parkzone F4F Wildcat, all I can say is Wow! a pure pleasure to fly flight after flight

Here are a few pictures and I also have a couple short video clips but not edited yet.
I hope they release a Zero too
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:26 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,231 Posts
Paul you got some really nice shots in there. the clouds set it off!!
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:32 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
Thanks, I only have about 500 shots to choose from
My photographer was really enjoying this and he really did well.

That Wildcat is a blast to fly , it can be flown in a small soccer field for shure.
Now I will do more details on it because it deserves it
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:35 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Wow! long day at my Club 13 hrs
Got there at 7:30 am and the wind was already blowing moderatly but I was there to fly and I did just that.
The Wildcat first day 90 min flying time in 12 flights.
First flight with the TP1350 MAh LiPo flew very well.
All the other flights were done using TP 2100 15c 3s1p lipo's.
The 2100 were simply the best started flying at 6 min flights and the last one was 11 min. The Lipo took in only 925 mah , after the flight nothing was hot not even warm to touch.
In the very strong and gusty wind it flew very well and then at the end of the day it was dead calm and I was able to do the trim and all it took is a couple right click on the ailerons.
I'm waitting on the 3 blade prop to try it too.
My impression on this Parkzone F4F Wildcat, all I can say is Wow! a pure pleasure to fly flight after flight

Here are a few pictures and I also have a couple short video clips but not edited yet.
I hope they release a Zero too
What a marathon. I'm worn out if I fly 4 or 5 hours straight. Very nice pics. With a little photoshop to remove the aileron push rods, it would be hard to tell from the real thing.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:40 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
My Club is 1 hour drive so I spend the day there and usually I put in about 20 flights including Helis too but today was only 2 heli flights , 1 EDF Jet (EVADER) 2 motor glider and the rest was 12 Wildcat flights.
It was extreamly windy until about 5pm so I didn't fly as much.

It does look real and with a 3 blade it will look even better, I just hope to get the same performance.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:47 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,357 Posts
I've been sticking with the 1300 size battery and I have been slowly moving it back. Today I had to dial in a lot of right aileron trim for level flight. I will check it out this weekend as to why I needed to do that. Too tired tonight. At 7:00 this morning the color of the sky with the sun at our back was an excellent match with the blue of the plane but I had no problem as I kept her fairly close to me. Very nice at slow speed. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:54 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
At first I had placed a piece of foam rubber in front of the 2100 Lipo but I then removed it and liked it better.
With the TP 2100 my CG is exactly at 1 7/8 like the book says.
The only change I did in the building is were they mention to use the clear tape to hold the stab well I use clear adhesive silicone and its nice and snug.
It still could be remove need be.
The rest is by the book.
Cant wait for tuesday, my next day off
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:03 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,062 Posts
Would you guys say this plane is as easy to fly as the T-28 or more like the P51?

how long are average flight times?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:07 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
Well I did a flight of 11 min at scale speed and even stunts with a TP2100 15c 3s1p and it only took 925 mah so for shure I could easely fly 15 min on the wildcat, nothing was even warm.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:29 AM
United States, MI, Stockbridge
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
F4F Maiden

Hi all,

I am a new Wildcat owner. Flew my first 4 flights yesterday afternoon with the following observations:

5-7 mph winds
high broken clouds

Did the first three flights on 3S 1300's. Flight times were 6-7 minutes and put anywhere from 840 to 875 mah back in each batt on charge. Very nice flying qualities. Not as much up elevator needed in a downwind or a steep turn as the P-51 BL. Faster roll rate on high rates than the '51. Loops can be as big as you want (within reason) or pretty tight. Did the last flight on a 3S 2100; flew for 9 minutes and put 1106 mah back in it. Just a little more nose heavy with the 2100 but not enough to make any real difference, didn't even need to trim it out. Both the 1300 and the 2100 were placed as far forward in the batt compartment as they would go. My biggest complaint thus far is it was hard to maintain orientation at times when the plane would go into patches of blue sky but only because it was farther away than I should have been. If you keep it in close it will be no problem. I might try those high vis decal sheets that someone put on their wings (sorry, don't remember who) that I read about many posts back.

Overall I feel this plane is a winner and it has now become my go to flyer over the 'Stang...I know that is hard to swallow but I love the "feel" of the Wildcat. Nothing against the Mustang mind you, I'll still get plenty of flights on it and enjoy it as well.

Oh yeah, one more thought. Kudos to the poster who put the little tab of tape on the back of the canopy to make it easier and less damaging to the fuselage sides to remove the canopy (hatch). I used your tip and wow! what a great idea, it works perfectly. My apologies for not recognizing you.

This is a great place to share, observe and learn. Looking forward to reading about all your tricks, tips and flying experiences with the Wildcat.

Ken
diesel nine is offline Find More Posts by diesel nine
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:55 AM
United States, MI, Stockbridge
Joined Apr 2010
30 Posts
I neglected to mention two other observations on my Wildcat maiden:

It lands slower than the P-51 BL which is really nice but it does seem to be affected by the wind more than the P-51, however, there is plenty of power and control authority to help offset the gusts.
diesel nine is offline Find More Posts by diesel nine
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:59 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel nine View Post
high broken clouds

... My biggest complaint thus far is it was hard to maintain orientation at times when the plane would go into patches of blue sky but only because it was farther away than I should have been. If you keep it in close it will be no problem. I might try those high vis decal sheets that someone put on their wings (sorry, don't remember who) that I read about many posts back.
Hi there

That's why they used this color in WWII...this happened to me as well once, my Corsair was soo far out that I could hardly spot her and I had lost the orientation as too how she was positioned in the air. I almost lost her that day and I was really lucky that I got her back in one piece. It was a good range check for the DX6i though...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:37 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
I see a noticable difference in the MAH taken between me and Diesel Nine, I have to say that I was flying mine at a scale speed so always under full power so with power management I know I could do a 15 min flight with ease on a 2100.
I also use the clear tape tap for the hatch, its real good thank you for the tip.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:47 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
Paul-RC, what did you use for the antenna mast? If I missed it earlier, sorry.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Jul 31, 2010, 05:51 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,331 Posts
The mast post is from a Chinese shopstick ,it has a perfect shape.
I was looking at full scale pictures and some planes had them strait up and some tilted foward , I decided on a strait one.