Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Flew her with the Power 15 today and man was she great! I love my P47 but the Wildcat just slices right threw the wind! She was quick come down wind in a dive! Man she was moving and just turned with ease! Landed just fine as well! Flew her with 2200's so I don't have a sense of how long or short she will do with an 1800.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Flew her with the Power 15 today and man was she great! I love my P47 but the Wildcat just slices right threw the wind! She was quick come down wind in a dive! Man she was moving and just turned with ease! Landed just fine as well! Flew her with 2200's so I don't have a sense of how long or short she will do with an 1800.
Matt,

Did you kick her into overdrive? Good to hear - I bet the extra weight just let her bore right through any kind of wind.
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:41 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Yeah I sure did, she bore right through the wind! Banked her into a hard left turn out of a downwind dive and she just cut right around! Man I love this little airframe, it was much better than my P47 in the wind. I love the pig known as the P47 but it doesn't track as well or turn as well. She is a blast don't get me wrong, especially with the new Power 25 in her!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
79 Posts
Bought my wildcat today and took her for first flight. Wow such a thrill. Awesome plane I really enjoyed it. Flied so stable and was quick. Had a little flight anxiety but had no issues! did some loops, inverted flying and some rolls. Was awesome first flight with no problems/crashes! Really excited to get back out there soon. Gotta get some more batteries now!
merx is offline Find More Posts by merx
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:43 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Jan 2010
66 Posts
I dont know If im reposting this video. but this guy has some REALLY SWEET retracts on his f4f!! I love the system, and everything he has on it!! please note, I did not make this video, so I dont know how he made it.

F4F RETRACT 3 (0 min 51 sec)
Angeljesus1mtz is offline Find More Posts by Angeljesus1mtz
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:44 AM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Jan 2010
66 Posts
Here is a video of the system ITSELF!!!
RETRACT1.MOV (0 min 29 sec)
Angeljesus1mtz is offline Find More Posts by Angeljesus1mtz
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:22 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Flew her with the Power 15 today and man was she great!
That's awesome but quit posting stuff like this or else I'll be dropping my Power 10 back into my Wildcat . When I rebuilt her I rebuilt her stock and that's the way I've been flying her lately. Hmm airframe kits are about $70 so I could always build a hot rod version to go along with my stocker....
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
Watch my trickeration! Oops...
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Dec 2010
248 Posts
I suspected that stock version wouldn't last very long. Speed Demon!!!
Mustangman50 is offline Find More Posts by Mustangman50
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:40 AM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,111 Posts
is OP still in this thread? hows your retract system comming along? ive been in boot camp and A school and im just getting back into the hobby...
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2010
243 Posts
Recorded my 100th flight with the Wildcat yesterday, anyway coming out of WOT dive and heading level at maximum speed on the 103rd flight i flew straight into a power line, massive thump. So fearing the worse, i went to pick up the wreckage, I am using a 9 X 6 JXF prop, it had hit the power line square on with the prop, The prop was still fine, those JXF,s are completely bomb proof. The cowl was history and the motor pulled right out of the mount, i use an EMAX motor with a 5MM shaft, too many bent shafts with Turnigy or other 4mm shaft motors. The motor and shaft were fine. But now the amazing thing the foam was completely unmarked, not touched at all.

So new Cowl, new motor mount and the F4F is absolutely fine and ready to hit 200 flights, but then i have bought a Parkzone P47 and ME109 airframe recently !!!!
Shepski is offline Find More Posts by Shepski
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
is OP still in this thread? hows your retract system comming along? ive been in boot camp and A school and im just getting back into the hobby...
Yup, I am still here. I got your PM and sent you one back.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Mar 2010
79 Posts
Hey all, curious to what batteries you guys are using. I was thinking about buying some of the zippy flight max, but they are about a third longer than the stock ones. Is this alright or will it mess up the balance?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:16 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Pilots fly anything from a 1300 mAh to a 2200 mAh. The plane is already somewhat nose heavy out of the box and a lot of guys like to put in a 1" foam spacer with their 2200. This way it moves the weight back toward the center of gravity and relieving some of that factory nose weight
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2010
79 Posts
Great thanks for the info Pax. guess ill order some new batteries . loving this bird
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Yeah, she is a fun lil' fat girl and she can handle a little extra weight. Just remember though, she is not a last second "pullout" kind of girl. Adding more weight will only enhance that issue.