HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkylineFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:49 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the reason there's no updates and some of the links are dead, is because he sold his design to a major company that will have these in production soon, if not already. he was ordered to cease and desist all futher public material as per the contract. he's not part of Lado, but I got the impression from him, that Robart had something to do with it, since they supplied the gear for him to redesign.

perhaps I'll get in contact with him and ask. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:16 PM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
479 Posts
Yeah, do that Luv!!!

In my opinion, Robart would be nuts not to get into this market. The wave of the future is electric I would think.

If you find out any info soon Luv, please pm me because I am trying to decide what retracts for my Kfir build.
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:36 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
As much as I Luv Robart... their dinosaur response to the change in technology has done one thing in our favour; lowered the price on retracts. They were the go to for a very long time and set the market price. But with the PZ, ChangeSun, etc, there are more options at a much lower price that actually work. So if Robart does come back to market they will have to decrease their prices to match the competition. Isn't the free market great!
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:41 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
we need better quality, more dependable e-tracts and we also need cheap, mass produced linear servos. you would think that the major manufacturers would have jumped on this years ago, but they seem not to care. we need positionable screwjacks, worm drives, linear servos and basically anything that we don't currently get. imagine the scale possibilites.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:32 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
What he said.
Well the current monopolies are not moving things forward. But if you go to the PingZheng site, they have a lot of this sort of stuff for various models and toys. Since everything is driven by profits it would take an outfit like PingZheng to continue expanding these avenues into the quality range; Like Datsun becoming Toyota empire. Not entirely sure if that their target but they do seem to working at it.

I totally agree though and wondered why worm gears are not standard to actuate LE and TE Flaps and spoilers, air breaks, doors, etc. Instead they add timing features on TXs to simulate slowed down servo rates? Only resently have we started seeing such stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
thanks for the link Max. that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. just need it on a bigger scale now. imagine that servo in a bigger size, driving landing gear, flaps, slats. the list is endless. we need this stuff mass produced.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
I assume these are the PZ-15091's with a metal trunion???

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2380

All they need now is metal cases and we're in Lado territory!
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
479 Posts
The lack of metal cases doesn't bother me so much as does the retract speed on those. .6sec/60 degrees. That's about 1 second to retract?! Waaaayyyyy too fast for my application.

Also Max...i could not get your link to work so just had to do a search for "Ping zheng",
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
I assume these are the PZ-15091's with a metal trunion???

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2380

All they need now is metal cases and we're in Lado territory!
Metal cases if you are going up to some serious weight but if you are in the 90mm or smaller its unnecessary weight. Robarts 605 retracts with plastic took 10lb models so the issue isn't plastic. But yep thats them. Have some on order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicJet View Post
The lack of metal cases doesn't bother me so much as does the retract speed on those. .6sec/60 degrees. That's about 1 second to retract?! Waaaayyyyy too fast for my application.

Also Max...i could not get your link to work so just had to do a search for "Ping zheng",
The retract time is more like 2 secs even slower with the weight of the struts and if you use lower voltage. You can see that in many videos. Not super fast but not scale slow for some of the old Warbirds.

Just tried the link again. Went straight to it. Try URL http://www.pz-servos.com/ Thats what the link goes to.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:48 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Do they make a nose gear in the 15091 size?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:56 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
They don't for any of them 90, 91 or 94. But you can add or convert them to the same way FMS, and RCLander has who are using this same retract.

The hardest part with the 91 is making a flange or getting a 5mm strut post with an E clip. I use a 5mm machine head bolt and grind it into a flange. You can also get the E clip rod from the auto section of the LHS.
Then add a pull pull coupler and a shock strut to it. You can even get a Dubro steering arm and a 2mm threaded end rod and make a push pull.

Either way you have to make the steering mech yourself which isn't hard and why they sell as is.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:34 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
They don't for any of them 90, 91 or 94. But you can add or convert them to the same way FMS, and RCLander has who are using this same retract.

The hardest part with the 91 is making a flange or getting a 5mm strut post with an E clip. I use a 5mm machine head bolt and grind it into a flange. You can also get the E clip rod from the auto section of the LHS.
Then add a pull pull coupler and a shock strut to it. You can even get a Dubro steering arm and a 2mm threaded end rod and make a push pull.

Either way you have to make the steering mech yourself which isn't hard and why they sell as is.
How thick can the flange be? 2mm??

Been considering buying a metal lathe lately just for this situation!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:37 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
How thick can the flange be? 2mm??

Been considering buying a metal lathe lately just for this situation!
Lathe? I just used my dremel to first cut the excess off and a drill with a stone grinding disc to do the rest. If I'm not using the grinding disc for this the happen to also be great for ducts since they come in exactly 63.5mm and 69.5mm (2.5" and 2.75") diameters.
2mm thick is about right. The 3mm flanges for the 15090 or Regular per PW-RC are 1mm. Its more the dia. to fit between the forks of the trunnion is the main concern. The flange top is just there to stop the strut from falling out.

Oh and if I put Skylite struts on, I just tapped the top with an M3 or 3mm thread on both sides of the shock strut to both lock the strut in place but then also add a long enough 3mm nut to connect the pull pull to. Its actually fairly easy.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Aug 15, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
136 Posts
hobbypeople.net now has the whole range
of latest e-retracts with metal trunions

even the $40/pair 19gr mini e-retracts, PZ-15094, has metal trunion
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-hdwr-pr.html#
foamjet is offline Find More Posts by foamjet
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,324 Posts
Or you can get the PZ15091 Metal from PW-RC for $25 +$3 or so for shipping: for the same pair.
RCG Plus Member