Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkylineFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:34 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,191 Posts
Oleo Struts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Not familiar with the model to make a recommendation but I am interested in strut suppliers.
RCSkylite, Smartmodel and Windrider are the first sources that come to mind.
Here's what I should have ordered with the retracts. 5mm oleo struts from HK:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6382
Also 4mm: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=5573

And I think I saw some 3mm too. Didn't find them...It's 11:30 PM & I'm going to hit the rack.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:12 AM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,350 Posts
Quote:
Which one in particular.

I'm not promoting any particular vendor. Who ever has the stock item with good illustrations I added the link to the product within their site.

Philips page had been down so I didn't use it initially. But that reminds me he does move the FMS door sequencer. I can add that.
Oh, the servoless rotating retracts for the Corsair and P40
he also has the P51 servoless retracts
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan View Post
Oh, the servoless rotating retracts for the Corsair and P40
he also has the P51 servoless retracts
Comprehesive Etract List
They are in there. Trouble with Philips site is if he isn't carrying it he removes it. So if i link to it I would end up with a lot of dead links.

Not sure where the OP has gone because there are quite a few additional etracts that haven't made the list if you look at my list. And we been asking for more details, tolerance, strut dia, weight/etract, general cost. To add this information quickly I hot linked to vendors that had the information. But then each vendor had differing information so I posted then from experience.

The War bird guys have their own thread too comparing them and someone asked for a summary so I created a post with everything that I know so far.

So when I ref comprehesive list it not necessarily this thread. I'm cross referencing info from any threads and any suppliers into that one post linked above.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:56 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,389 Posts
Some FYI - RE: Change Sun retrax

Ming at Wind Rider sent me a set of metal trunnions and jack screws/nuts to replace the plastic stuff in a set of Change Sun retracts. They finally got it right! A very easy install, and I even re used the shrink tube encasing the motor area.
Now we have a great set of electric retracts available to us known as the V-2 version. For those of you discontented with the plastic fantastic dung once sold before, fret not! Wind Rider and X-flight both have update kits for free but you gotta pay $10 shipping in order to get the dust off the set you almost threw away! I'm totally stoked now! The set screws work! Now if we could only get E-flight to ad grub screws and keep the cap screws in their axle sets!
Tom
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Ming at Wind Rider sent me a set of metal trunnions and jack screws/nuts to replace the plastic stuff in a set of Change Sun retracts. They finally got it right! A very easy install, and I even re used the shrink tube encasing the motor area.
Now we have a great set of electric retracts available to us known as the V-2 version. For those of you discontented with the plastic fantastic dung once sold before, fret not! Wind Rider and X-flight both have update kits for free but you gotta pay $10 shipping in order to get the dust off the set you almost threw away! I'm totally stoked now! The set screws work! Now if we could only get E-flight to ad grub screws and keep the cap screws in their axle sets!
Tom
How are they processing these. I sent several emails with my proof of purchase but they didn't respond with what they were going to do with it. Thanks for the tip.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:10 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,389 Posts
Actually I wrote X-flight first after seeing the post earlier in the thread. He asked me about when I purchased them etc. I wrote Ming and asked how hard it would be to get a set of the metal guts, he didn't even know about the update, but a few day later he asked for ten bucks and I got the goods 15 days later.
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:21 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
They replied when I mentioned what you said.

So ya you have to email them first and include proof of purchase.
The indicate EMS or Airmail charges, paypal them and they're on the way.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.
They gav
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2011, 04:07 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Have a question for you guys. I'm doing a Lippisch P20 which brand of small electric retracts has the lowest profile?

I'm trying to see if I can fit a pair in the wings without having them hang out the top or bottom.

Pete
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:21 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
You can look at my post 94 for the link to the comprehensive list.
If your model is 2.5Kg the ChangeSun V2 metal trunnion and block have a 18mm deep mount. The V2s can take even more especially with good struts. They take a 3mm strut rod.

Next is some of the Eflites but it depends on your weight limit.
I'm not familiar with how much that model weighs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:04 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Quote:
You can look at my post 94 for the link to the comprehensive list.
If your model is 2.5Kg the ChangeSun V2 metal trunnion and block have a 18mm deep mount. The V2s can take even more especially with good struts. They take a 3mm strut rod.

Next is some of the Eflites but it depends on your weight limit.
I'm not familiar with how much that model weighs.
Thanks much the changeSun V2's are exactly what I'm looking for.
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:29 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Switzerland, ZH, Dietikon
Joined Jun 2004
815 Posts
Careful: EPF Hobby DSR 46's power supply

Guys - you might want to be careful when you plug in the DSR-46 C (Ver 1.0) controllers into receivers that work on a higher then 5V power source.

I burned up two of those controllers last w/e. My Kontronik BEC delivers 5.7V to the receiver, too much for the control units. After I soldered a Park BEC into the receiver connection wires (which regulates the voltage down to around 4.5V), the controller worked perfectly.

Live and learn, but I'm a bit miffed 'cause now I have two useless and smelly control units to throw in the bin...

Best regards - Paco
RoverTomcat is offline Find More Posts by RoverTomcat
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:25 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Something sounds a little off there Tomcat.

They are rated to 10V and all the instructions encourage for you to use 2S lipos to drive them 7.2V. They even still have the directions to tap off two cells of any main battery (which I don't agree with as it drains the mains unevenly).

I've used them at 8V while driving a lighting system driven separately by a CCBEC.
Not sure how you're setup is wired but something off there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:37 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Switzerland, ZH, Dietikon
Joined Jun 2004
815 Posts
Hiya MT - Yep, I'd agree that something is off if that problem would concern the power supply to the retract assys. But in my case, I didn't even plug in the 7.4V when the magic smoke appeared.

I needed to reduce the voltage between the receiver and the controller to make it work.

HTH and best regards - Paco
RoverTomcat is offline Find More Posts by RoverTomcat
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:06 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
I run a 2S A123 straight to my receiver and never had a problem with the DSR controller.

I
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:15 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverTomcat View Post
Hiya MT - Yep, I'd agree that something is off if that problem would concern the power supply to the retract assys. But in my case, I didn't even plug in the 7.4V when the magic smoke appeared.

I needed to reduce the voltage between the receiver and the controller to make it work.

HTH and best regards - Paco
sure you didn't reverse the poles or something. I have two of them and it was never the problem.
The steering was.
RCG Plus Member