HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkylineFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:44 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,598 Posts
cant wait for these

nice
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:12 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
saweet!
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:06 PM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,347 Posts
It is about time Robart jumped on the band wagon!!

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:52 PM
USA, CA, Valencia
Joined Mar 2011
156 Posts
I can not find any word on their web site. Is this for real?
dawhale is online now Find More Posts by dawhale
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,129 Posts
Typical pre release hype.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:28 PM
USA, CA, Valencia
Joined Mar 2011
156 Posts
I emailed Robart and they replied they will have a release after the first of the year. Wow! Lets see what the price point is and how they hold up.
dawhale is online now Find More Posts by dawhale
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:11 PM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
491 Posts
Just get a hold of Michael at Wingspan Retracts and be done with it.

Robart is going to be WAY overpriced....you know it.
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
Were all gonna' FLY!
USA, MA, Saugus
Joined Sep 2008
172 Posts
I have a set of RCLander A-10 retracts and i can not get them to work together. The mains go up and down together but the nose goes opposite no matter what I try. Anybody got any ideas??? Can I reverse the red and black wires to the retract or will that hurt the motor or circut.
beagleone is online now Find More Posts by beagleone
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:19 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagleone View Post
I have a set of RCLander A-10 retracts and i can not get them to work together. The mains go up and down together but the nose goes opposite no matter what I try. Anybody got any ideas??? Can I reverse the red and black wires to the retract or will that hurt the motor or circut.
reversing the wire is a no no and won't reverse anything. What have you tried? since you say you've tried everything

It may be that you had them out of sequence when you had bound your RX.

Sequence them all down i.e. disconnect the other after they are sequenced down and then seq the nose down if you don't have a servo tester to control it separately. Set the travel to +/-150% on the TX gear channel and rebind. If that doesn't work talk to the vendor or get a servo reverser for $7.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 04:44 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,998 Posts
This reversed my elevator servo perfectly (when I wanted to run two servos to the elevators on my F-18).
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17033

This servo slowdown unit will also reverse a single gear channel but costs a bit more.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Regulator.html
the slow down portion won't be useful but the gear will still function. I ran my servoless retracts through one when I swapped out servo driven retracts. The slow feature just delayed extension or retraction and can be set back to no delay for instant response.

The last option is you can mix a spare channel to the retract channel just for the nose gear but you would need a computer radio with a 7th channel.
Cheers
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:24 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I know the guy that developed the electrics for the upcoming Robart electric retracts. all I can tell you, is that whatever they are asking, it will be worth the money. they will be better than any retract you've seen to date and they will be way more reliable than any other electric retract that's ever been manufactured to date. they will also be tougher than any electric retract you've seen to date and the electrics have been proven to be just as reliable and trouble free as their air retracts. Robart weren't stupid when they approached him about buying the rights to his stuff. they knew a good thing when they saw it.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:49 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
I am sure they will be good retracts to carry the name Robart but will probably be way out of my price range.
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:09 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yeah, I hear ya. they are out of my price range too, but that won't last forever. hopefully. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:13 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,129 Posts
Robart= pricey and always really heavy. Constructions normally good but you pay that weight penalty. They excel at gear for big stuff though just depends what your looking for.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:47 AM
Were all gonna' FLY!
USA, MA, Saugus
Joined Sep 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
reversing the wire is a no no and won't reverse anything. What have you tried? since you say you've tried everything

It may be that you had them out of sequence when you had bound your RX.

Sequence them all down i.e. disconnect the other after they are sequenced down and then seq the nose down if you don't have a servo tester to control it separately. Set the travel to +/-150% on the TX gear channel and rebind. If that doesn't work talk to the vendor or get a servo reverser for $7.
I tried all of that stuff to no end. I sent an e-mail to the vendor and to my suprise I got an almost instant response. They did have a batch of units that were wired backwards. they will replace them.
beagleone is online now Find More Posts by beagleone