Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Discussion
48" 3D Foamy

Last week my friend was over and saw the E-flite Power 10 that was sitting on my dresser and said, "this looks really cool, you need to buy a plane for it." Since I don't have the money for the E-flite Ultimate I was saving it for, I decided to make something out of foam. $6 later I walked out of the dollar-tree store with some foam. I have always wanted a DW Foamies Yak, so I decided to make a profile 3D Yak. The proportions are a little off, but all the major stuff is there. I wanted to spend as little as possible so I will be using some standard size servos that I had, hopefully after I get it all put together, it will be under 35 oz's. I am pretty sure I can make it as I have stripped off all the paper from the foam I dare and with it all on the scale, it reads about 32oz leaving a little lee-way for tape and glue. The wings do have spars in them, but they are on the bottoms of the wing so I don't have those ugly black spars on the top with the graphics.

More to come,
HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts