HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:55 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Discussion
Need help connecting transmitter to computer for flight sim

Hello, I'm just getting into RC planes and while surfing the net I came across this forum and decided to register.
I dont have a plane yet and decided to start on a rc flight simulator. My friend gave me a transmitter that he said I could hook up to my computer. This way I only have to download the flight sim software. The only problem is that I have no idea how to hook it up to my laptop or if I even can. There is an input on the side of the transmitter for a charger cable and then another one that looks almost like an S-Video jack that say's "trainer" above it. I imagine I have to use that but I dont know where to get the cable. Does anyone know if the transmitter would connect to my computer? Also, any recommendations for a pretty good (and cheap) rc flight simulator?
Thanks for the help!
frankyd is offline Find More Posts by frankyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2010, 08:43 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
After doing some research it looks like this cable would connect the transmitter to my computer....but would it work? Also, can I find a cheaper one? $18 seems a bit pricey for just a cable.

http://www.amazon.com/EF-Transmitter...9201298&sr=8-2
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:20 AM
Joined Jun 2010
111 Posts
Save yourself a little hassle
http://www.nitroplanes.com/simulator.html

I think those come with FMS (the free sim) but will work with clearview if you want a better sim. The more expensive sims come with their own controllers.
geekybiker is offline Find More Posts by geekybiker
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:36 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Thanks for the link. I didnt realize how cheap they sims were. I did a search but the ones that I found were much more expensive than that. Is that a pretty decent simulator?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:33 PM
Joined Jun 2010
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyd View Post
Thanks for the link. I didnt realize how cheap they sims were. I did a search but the ones that I found were much more expensive than that. Is that a pretty decent simulator?
FMS is okay. Its a bit dated looking, but its free. (You can download it and try it) I'd get that package mainly for the controller.
Clearview was alot better experience for me when I tried it out. I can't really comment on the physics of it. You can download a demo as well

Either one will let you learn orientation though.

If you just want a cable, if you let us know the maker and model number maybe we can find you the right one. Most I've seen around about the same price as those controllers on nitroplanes, so you won't save much money. You'll just be able to use your regular radio if that is important to you.
geekybiker is offline Find More Posts by geekybiker