HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:20 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
I am not sure what you describe .... but everything is clearly shown on the box photos!

And everything has a small bolt or screw holding it in a proper place: these screws/bolts can become loose or unscrewed/unbolted. If they are untightenable with worn-out threads .... tighten with CA gel ...

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Jul 2009
27 Posts
Hi is there a place to get all the screws and allens for a cx2.trying to put all the exra parts together got all to build another but the screws and hex heads?
fred2048 is offline Find More Posts by fred2048
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Jul 2009
27 Posts
Sorry wrong forum
fred2048 is offline Find More Posts by fred2048
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:20 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2048 View Post
Sorry wrong forum
Correct forum, just wrong thread ....
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Has everyone broken theirs? [all of my 5888's still fly SUPER!! .... far beyond the capabilities of anything similar on the market!]

Lee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Hi Lee, I have a lot of work to do these days and I don't have any time to finish the mods on my heli. I got a pair of motors a set of gears and some blades. I am still waiting for the inner shaft and the old blades with the screws and the bushings. I wll try to heat the plastic hinges or replace them with the alu ones if I get the parts before I have free time. I will let you know how it goes. Regarding the motors I have one with black plastic and the other with withe. But the white one is not as white as the wire. I don't know if this is the grey plastic you said wasn't as good as the white ones.
diegogonz76 is offline Find More Posts by diegogonz76
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegogonz76 View Post
Hi Lee, I have a lot of work to do these days and I don't have any time to finish the mods on my heli. I got a pair of motors a set of gears and some blades. I am still waiting for the inner shaft and the old blades with the screws and the bushings. I wll try to heat the plastic hinges or replace them with the alu ones if I get the parts before I have free time. I will let you know how it goes. Regarding the motors I have one with black plastic and the other with withe. But the white one is not as white as the wire. I don't know if this is the grey plastic you said wasn't as good as the white ones.
I have to take that back: further experience indicates that it seems to vary with the production date!

Happy [upright] Landings!,
Lee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee View Post
Has everyone broken theirs? [all of my 5888's still fly SUPER!! .... far beyond the capabilities of anything similar on the market!]

Lee
My red one is still flying, my blue one is down, but that's the one with the better servo (larger range of movement); time permitting I will do a board transplant.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:27 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
My red one is still flying, my blue one is down, but that's the one with the better servo (larger range of movement); time permitting I will do a board transplant.
Note that the servo range is determined here by the PCB .... not the servo! Only when a servo's motor wears out and slows does it make sense to swap it. Since it's tricky to solder the left-servo wires, I always first secure the PCB-ends of the servo wires with a glob of CA gel, and once cured, clip the wires and solder the new servo wires to them, sometimes shortening the latter first.

Lee
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
I received all the parts! I hope I have some time to work on the heli soon. One question. I accelerated the heli without the blades. Only the bar. And it vibrates a lot. Is there anything I can do to cancel this vibration before assembling the blades? The arms of the bar in my heli are metalic. Only the center part with the ball links is plastic. I have a replacement bar, I will try with that one and let you know how it works.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:29 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Quote:
I received all the parts! I hope I have some time to work on the heli soon. One question. I accelerated the heli without the blades. Only the bar. And it vibrates a lot. Is there anything I can do to cancel this vibration before assembling the blades? The arms of the bar in my heli are metalic. Only the center part with the ball links is plastic. I have a replacement bar, I will try with that one and let you know how it works.
Yep > remove the bar and carefully balance it!
[use a small pin to push out the pivot pin]

Lee
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Hi Lee. I replaced the lower gear and vibrations were reduced a lot. The balance bar is slightly bent. So I will have to work on it. But the heli is flying again! It still has some problems but I think I can solve them. The inner shaft I bought that belongs to the model with alu hinges is shorter than the one I had. So I had to sand the plastic middle part of the upper hinges to fit in the old inner shaft. The tracking needs a lot of work, almost 2 mm difference between the blade tips. The heli is turning clockwise even with trimming at full. Can it be the tracking causing this? If there is someone out there with a 5888 with plastic hinges, I think applying heat and tracking will be easier than trying to change to alu hinges. It has been a lot of work and I don't know if I will be able to make it fly perfect yet. I have to tell you that in my case trying to make this heli fly perfectly is perhaps more fun than flying itself! But that's just me.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:27 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Hi Lee. I replaced the lower gear and vibrations were reduced a lot. The balance bar is slightly bent. So I will have to work on it. But the heli is flying again! It still has some problems but I think I can solve them. The inner shaft I bought that belongs to the model with alu hinges is shorter than the one I had. So I had to sand the plastic middle part of the upper hinges to fit in the old inner shaft. The tracking needs a lot of work, almost 2 mm difference between the blade tips. The heli is turning clockwise even with trimming at full. Can it be the tracking causing this? If there is someone out there with a 5888 with plastic hinges, I think applying heat and tracking will be easier than trying to change to alu hinges. It has been a lot of work and I don't know if I will be able to make it fly perfect yet. I have to tell you that in my case trying to make this heli fly perfectly is perhaps more fun than flying itself! But that's just me.
Optimal tracking is to within the thickness of clear plastic office/household tape!

2mm is outrageously bad ....!!!!

The original plastic flybars are easily corrected with the heat of a hairdrier [bend them slightly up so that they don't droop from gravity].

Unfortunately, the newer metal flybars are terrible and quickly wear out the hinge parts because the stiff metal wire doesn't damp normal vibration!

Lee
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
I know the tracking is really bad. I just didn't know if that was a possible reason for the clockwise turning or if I have another problem I don't know about yet. I will improve the tracking and let you know how it goes.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:37 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,590 Posts
Good/ Good Luck!

when the leading edges of the spinning blades appear RAZOR-sharp, viewed edge on, and the trailing edges appear as ONE clear line ... you will hear a jump in RPM and notice a great improvement in power, maneuverabilty, stability and general performance ....!

Lee