SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
July 11, 2010

Another BucketHead stunt on my part. I was doing some hovering in our drive way and decided I would do it in the shade. I sat on the picnic table and commenced to hover. This is in roughly a 10' x 10' area. It has been windy all day. I was doing great. Then I decided I would slowly turn the trex and move it to the driveway, This would consist of rotating the trex approx. 135 Degrees clockwise and forward 10'. This is an addition to added to the side of my driveway so people could park and not block the garage. I rotated fine..It actually turned just like it supposed too. A gust of wind hit and it went left and down. Since I was only about 3' off the ground, I only have minor damage. The trex tried to slap the central air unit and lost. nicked my CF blades and slight bend to main shaft and fly-bar. Easy Fix. But still something that should not have happened.

From now on, I will be going back to where i used to live and flying in that lot. it is 150' x 150'. It is just up the road from me and the person who thinks he can fly now lives there. He has got disgusted with helis and I talked to him and showed him some things even I could see that was wrong with his heli. Told him I would help him work on it Saturday. I will help him with what little knowledge i have. it is almost like the blind leading the blind. Almost.

Rick
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts