HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
Good info, can I change frequencies to a custom one? lets say example 920.210mhz?
sure, you can set any freq. 240-930.000MHz, if your freq. outside 400-470 it will be much attenuated by LPF, if you're good with SMT solder antenna direct to chip output to have flat ~80mW output in entire 240-930 band
fmkit is online now Find More Posts by fmkit
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
sure, you can set any freq. 240-930.000MHz, if your freq. outside 400-470 it will be much attenuated by LPF, if you're good with SMT solder antenna direct to chip output to have flat ~80mW output in entire 240-930 band
The question is how do I change the frequency?
is it 9.X ? and the the clicks corresponding the new frequency?

Also what pin on the chip is the TX output to bypass the LPF?

I have my beacon installed inside a beeper box. I want a higher frequency so I can reduce the antenna size and put this in one of my daughters pocket when I got to the parks (Disney, Universal etc) I always have my mini multiband radio with me on those ocations and I can track her if she gets lost with a mini directional antenna.

This is my test enclosure using a 200mAh lipo, I had to trim the pcb board to make it fit and moved the LED.
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crd; Oct 25, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:53 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,613 Posts
enter 6 digits direct, there are no other commands with that many digits thus no menu identifier needed, click 10 to enter zero
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Problem

Hello, i just received my beacons, an reset them after test.
The problem now is they only blink 4 flashes with tones at startup, and after that
Only 1 sec interval flashing.
And the button is not working. I can not acces the menu.

Can someone help me out ?

Gtz
Forester77 is offline Find More Posts by Forester77
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
Not sure if I already posted this here,
but it looks like fmkit beacon is not interfering with operation of my RangeLink UHF system working in micro (range test) mode even if those are as close to each other as 3cm.

FMKit UHF Beacon and RangeLink LRS (0 min 16 sec)
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:32 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester77 View Post
The problem now is they only blink 4 flashes with tones at startup, and after that

Gtz
If you have a defective button, try to get another momentary button and solder it on the same contacts. It would be nice to have a remote button anyway for mounting the beacon inside a plane.
Those four beeps are telling you that your battery is full, on a scale of 1 to 4. The single flash tells you that your beacon is in standby and will activate in 20 mins from the time it was started. 2 flashes would be 40 mins, etc. these are approximate times, not really accurate.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:13 PM
Spain
Joined Oct 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester77 View Post

Gtz
I've received mine and I have the same problem.
4 flashes at startup and 1 flash per second, Ok, this is standby mode. Now I push the button 8 times then 1 sec gap and then 2 times (8.2 LED turned on only while button pushed) but nothing happens...
softimagge is offline Find More Posts by softimagge
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by softimagge View Post
I've received mine and I have the same problem.
4 flashes at startup and 1 flash per second, Ok, this is standby mode. Now I push the button 8 times then 1 sec gap and then 2 times (8.2 LED turned on only while button pushed) but nothing happens...
I see you didnt spend the extra $14.95 for the working model.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 12, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well, at least it flashes thats something isnt it?
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd View Post
The question is how do I change the frequency?
is it 9.X ? and the the clicks corresponding the new frequency?

Also what pin on the chip is the TX output to bypass the LPF?

I have my beacon installed inside a beeper box. I want a higher frequency so I can reduce the antenna size and put this in one of my daughters pocket when I got to the parks (Disney, Universal etc) I always have my mini multiband radio with me on those ocations and I can track her if she gets lost with a mini directional antenna.

This is my test enclosure using a 200mAh lipo, I had to trim the pcb board to make it fit and moved the LED.
You are planing on putting a lipo in your daughters pocket? Let me think of the danger in doing that.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,613 Posts
Few beacons shipped in early October have FW bug = the button doesn't respond while in sleeping mode. Cause default 1.2 one has to wait 50minutes till startup delay expire then enter new setting while TX active. I fixed the bug and replaced already couple beacons.
faulty beacon can be used just restart sleep mode using power switch instead of single click.
To flash updated F/W ship to:
Peter Glukhovsky
POBox 2089 Naharia
22120 ISRAEL

btw, today I received DHL tracking info for new version beacons with Li-Po charger built-in,
if the PCBs test OK I 'll ship newer version to replace beacons with non-responding button.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:20 PM
Spain
Joined Oct 2009
10 Posts
it's alive!!!, 40 minutes later I can hear the signals on my walky, but i can't change the menu
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:29 PM
Spain
Joined Oct 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
Few beacons shipped in early October have FW bug = the button doesn't respond while in sleeping mode. Cause default 1.2 one has to wait 50minutes till startup delay expire then enter new setting while TX active. I fixed the bug and replaced already couple beacons.
faulty beacon can be used just restart sleep mode using power switch instead of single click.
To flash updated F/W ship to:
Peter Glukhovsky
POBox 2089 Naharia
22120 ISRAEL

btw, today I received DHL tracking info for new version beacons with Li-Po charger built-in,
if the PCBs test OK I 'll ship newer version to replace beacons with non-responding button.
That is, I only can change the menu 40 min after startup. I will send it back.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:02 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Please tell us details about the new version with the charging unit.
Does it utilize a servo plug to go into the receiver?
Does it monitor the receiver PWM signal , or will it be 2 wires only?

May I suggest that you print out current firmware instruction page and send with every unit so we no what version we are getting?
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess