Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DustyPockets, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 09:45 PM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
Discussion
Dusty's Redwood Plane

I have been having quite a bit of fun with my little scratchbuilt carbon fiber rod plane the "skeeter". But good grief what an ugly plane, electronics hanging off the bottom, wires dangling, looks like a flying train wreck.....uggg!. So what to do?, well lets see if we can clean it up a bit. I had some redwood I salvaged from a job a few months ago, I was going to use it for aileron stock but it is so light why not make a whole plane from it.

I cut out the fuselage with a 350 3 cell in mind, fits just right. I cut the 24" wing out and formed the profile with my table saw and cleaned it up with a block plane and sand paper. Redwood is so easy to work with you can have a wing cut, profiled and sanded in 10 minutes.

I plan on mounting an aileron servo and elevator servo in the body of the fuselage and fly without rudder. I left enough room in the tailboom to snake in a control rod for the elevator and just poke it out thru the fuselage.

More to come.......

Dusty
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
to remove ads between posts